Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is Darcy Parish.
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

The potential trade options are many, however as usual Austin seems inert.
Outcomes will fluctuate, there’s plenty of volatility as usual.
Have my fingers crossed that wittingly or unwittingly Austin will improve our list. We need plenty of luck.
Don’t think he’s “inert”.
This trade period could actually see some of the massive, super complicated trades go down.

It’s going to be 3D chess with all the players that are on the board.

We have a few useful pieces & I guarantee that we are just trying to be “helpful” at the moment.
The team that “wins” a trade is often the small player who helps others get shit done.

From what we have been told by the ITK we have solid plan to get in picks & hit the draft.

With that as a base line it’s hard to lose as we aren’t hedging/hoping on a big recruit.

We can adapt/pivot & examine the options as they come up, if you want something good to happen u need to be in the position to do it/receive it - not be forcing the issue.

Yup Cox would be an amazing addition , just the sort of luck we need.

He wouldn’t be a “dump” tho…he would demand a pick in the 15-30 range you would think

Freo don’t really need picks this year, so maybe a future second could get it done ?? You’d assume they would want a future first tho

Last edited:
They missed their 2 main targets.

They also don't have much in the way of picks to trade, currently only 36 & 54 this year, and then Futures.
Agreed, but there is still time for them to try and make something happen.

Top 4 team has got to be looking for that extra something to get them that little bit further

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brennan Cox would be an excellent pick up for the salary dump for not too much trade capital. Dockers coped without him for most of the year. Would suit us to a tee.

I still think it's him. Suits a need for us, unlike Parish.

Freo have got a cap squeeze coming up big time given they'll be shuffling to find $1.5m/yr for Chad Warner next year.

Brayshaw & Alex Pearce out of contract end of next year. Serong end of 26'
They've signed Jackson & Darcy on million dollar + deals. Amiss & Treacy also recently signed on BIG $$.

Additionally, they already have solid cover in the KPD department: Pearce, Ryan, Draper is an emerging talent and last year they drafted All Australian u/18 last Ollie Murphy as a KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of all the players we'd be freeing up cap space by trading Kennedy, why would it be for a worse version of Kennedy?

If we're trading Bam Bam for cap space it's to acquire a player who brings something different to the table, not more of the same
Presumably because they donate to our draft pick fund in return for taking him (which it sounds like is the idea regardless of who it is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back