Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect world we will get 2-3 first round picks
I assume this is the scenario where we trade 11 & F1 and use them with others to generate 3 picks in the 12-20 range?
Riley Beveridge has linked Cooper Hynes to be on our radar for pick 11
Good shout: tall balanced mid with strength, speed and kicking, loves a goal.

If we can generate Hynes, Hotton and someone else, that's outstanding.

Wait so we had two yellow threads and then we had a yellow thread and a red thread but now the red thread is the old yellow thread and the yellow thread is now the old red thread?

View attachment 2130171
Think we're deliberately being tested here...

IMO, Luko to Port will be the deal Austin will be working on to get Houston to Carlton.
Exactly why Port are frustrated, they know they can’t get Luko without rifling an extra pick from us….

I would say to them come talk to us after you have completed the Luko deal……

**** em….

and why I find this years trade talk so depressing. Swapping around pretty good non-durables for what? Reminds me of the old titanic adage. Something about deck chairs.
and at least make an incoming ok ...at least durable player from a club with a winning culture.
But it's all summation at this stage. So I have hope the actual results are a lot better than some of the proposed options.
To be fair I thought the same when we picked up Acres.

IMO, Luko to Port will be the deal Austin will be working on to get Houston to Carlton.
IMO Austin is focussed on the draft, while not ignoring options which may come up. He clearly/hopefully has a level beyond which he will not compromise to access the draft. There has been a broadcast intent or willingness to trade F1 to this year for either a pick or a prime trade.

I think he would do Houston for F1 and “change” or an outgoing player if Port were willing. He will not be exploring a compromise outcome that in any way detracts from his desired draft outcomes.

I think there would be a bit of wriggle room if a prime long term piece such as an SDK or Aleer became available due to other club’s activities, but absolutely expect he will want to use a first rounder plus acquire the Campos at a bare minimum.

The first point of interest for me is if we are locked in and sign Haynes as early as tomorrow, or keep our powder dry pending other movements during the period?

What Port want is way too much for Houston.

It makes more sense if you're North and have a whole lot of young talent about to come through.

For where our list is at, he's not worth selling our future for.

My bet is he ends up staying at Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait so we had two yellow threads and then we had a yellow thread and a red thread but now the red thread is the old yellow thread and the yellow thread is now the old red thread?

View attachment 2130171
Yep much better, and I think the Mods even got confused originally.
  • No Discussion: Labelled 'Rumour' and Yellow (Amber) to signify in a transitory stage until the next Rumour arrives.
  • Discussion: Red for 'Hot' Topic label.

Not that I've spent waaaay tooo much time over-analyzing or anything... :thumbsdownv1:

It makes more sense if you're North and have a whole lot of young talent about to come through.

Yep. Between us and North. We won’t pay Port’s asking price and Houston won’t go from playing at a perennial top 4 finisher to North Melbourne at his age. More likely he sticks it out for another year at Port over spending several years at a loser like North.

There are a handful of players in the competition worth trading out two years of first round picks for.

Dan Houston is not one of them.

Nick Austin knows this.

Keep begging Port. He might be contracted but you need it more than we do.

Some teams would pay picks 11 and 12 like what Port want. For us though, we need some youth coming through and have 3 areas of concern that need to be addressed: Midfield and forward line and key back.

I have no issue with Port asking that for Houston. Houston would be a great addition but not this year Port

Some teams would pay picks 11 and 12 like what Port want. For us though, we need some youth coming through and have 3 areas of concern that need to be addressed: Midfield and forward line and key back.

I have no issue with Port asking that for Houston. Houston would be a great addition but not this year Port
No team is paying two 1st rounders for Houston he is nearing 28, that would be irresponsible list management for any club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back