Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we bring out the double barrel tomorrow,GW to take over from BC and Dan nominates the Blues?
Imagine the melts😀
That's exactly what they're saying about us on the Pies board.
I do feel dirty for being over there (only checking the Wright rumours)

I reckon Houston's destination is roughly

60% Carlton
20% Collingwood
20% Port

If he was really that open to Collingwood, than the conversation would have already moved on to how the Pies get it done.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="TB_" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
The only thing that's ever concerned me about Kennedy is his low TOG %. Would love if he had a good tank.

I think Voss and the coaches figured out if they gave Kennedy less minutes on the ground he was more explosive and did better when on the ground - sure it would be nice if he needed less time off the ground but it is what it is and we managed it well and got the best out of him (and didn’t sacrifice much as we have some who can run all day)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I haven’t been fully invested in Houston as I’ve favoured the draft, but as long as we have 1 top 15 pick and get the Campos, I’m ok with adding Houston.

He’s not just a HBF, he’s a guy that can cut teams to shreds and make 80 metre plays. I also think players like Saad and Newman need to not be the main couple coming out of defence. By adding Houston we add layers all throughout the ground and I can see Cowan playing some extended midfield minutes in 2025 if we do get Houston.

But I stand firm, we must still hold a 1st round pick this year (preferably not the end of round).

Adding a top 15 draftee, Houston the Campos to add to the improved Lord, Cowan, Moir, Cowan, OHollands etc puts us in a very good position for 2025 and onwards

I have been following this whole Dan Houston situation, i honestly think the only way he won’t nominate us is if we won’t broker a deal for him, everything would have been put forward to Dan already thats why Port are sooking it up about the picks being offered, the filth is just a bluff to try to scare us into paying more. He was a mad Carlton supporter growing up, very close with Jsos who he played junior footy with and has a close relationship with Vossy. The media is just full of s**t coming up with bogus headlines, the only way he goes to the filth is if it’s a last resort and he has no other options and we won’t pay up for him thats it, just let it all play out now.
If he wants back to VIC, he’ll need to go where the deal can be done.

That may or may not be via us, depending on how much we are prepared to give up (and suitable additional picks that can be sourced).

PTA don’t have to trade him due the lengthy contract he willingly signed.

Judd didn’t prefer us but they knew we could get the best deal with WCE to make it work (uncontracted too), so the nomination was made = start of the player nominating a club.

Getting rid of a player that's just won Best Clubman just doesn't sit right with me

Will be sad to see Kennedy go
Mutual decision. If player wants more midfield minutes, he’ll need to scour the market for those opportunities.

Still no certainty to depart.

Richmond will have a stack of picks that may assist to get him moving.

That's exactly what they're saying about us on the Pies board.
I do feel dirty for being over there (only checking the Wright rumours)

I just couldn’t read their mindless dribble any longer. Their hatred towards us shows in their temperament.
We never used to lose games that mattered against this mob.
Just wish our players and club restored that mentality.

Yep I 100% agree with this. But in all honestly it does make it hard to get a Houston deal done.
I’d suspect if we got 13 from the Suns, I think we unfortunately would need to part both 12 and 13 to a club like GWS.

Maybe something like:
Carlton give up: 12, 13 and 34
GWS give up: 15, 16 and 21

We then trade 16 and 21 to Port for Houston. They get 2 1sts like what they have wanted, we get Houston but still have presence in the draft early with pick 15

I’d suspect if we got 13 from the Suns, I think we unfortunately would need to part both 12 and 13 to a club like GWS.

Maybe something like:

We then trade 16 and 21 to Port for Houston. They get 2 1sts like what they have wanted, we get Houston but still have presence in the draft early with pick 15
But to get 13 we need F1 and F2 and you can't trade both picks unless you get another one in (in the 1st or 2nd round) or get an exemption from the AFL. I guess Kennedy could get us a F2 but it isn't likely to be a deal that happens til very late in the trade period if at all.

Maybe something like:

No. Not worth 2 firsts.
Port can ask, but let them take the Collingwood offer, which by the way, isn’t 2 firsts either. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But to get 13 we need F1 and F2 and you can't trade both picks unless you get another one in (in the 1st or 2nd round) or get an exemption from the AFL. I guess Kennedy could get us a F2 but it isn't likely to be a deal that happens til very late in the trade period if at all.
There’s always ways. Still think there’s a possibility we trade a player that’s currently not on the trade table.

Have to be flexible this time of year and improve the list

There’s always ways. Still think there’s a possibility we trade a player that’s currently not on the trade table.

Have to be flexible this time of year and improve the list
I'm so interested in the Houston player side of things. Genuinely didn't think he would nominate until a deal could be done to help out Port. But now it seems the nomination may have to happen before GCS will deal 13

No. Not worth 2 firsts.
Port can ask, but let them take the Collingwood offer, which by the way, isn’t 2 firsts either. ;)
They 100% won’t let Houston leave with us just offering 13. And based off my proposal of draft pick swaps, we still maintain pick 15.

What else can we offer Port as we won’t have any more picks and still need to bank some later picks to match Ben’s bid

It sounds like GC want to deal 13 to whoever will get a deal done for Houston. They want him traded as it will help them to extract maximum value from Port for Jack L.

The negative to that, it is reduces our chances of being able to get 13 to take to the draft, if Port want to much for Houston. On the plus side, GC probably won't deal it to the pies unless/until Houston says he actually wants to go there. If they trade the pick to the wrong party, there is every possibility Houston stays at Port, making it really hard for them to get decent compensation for Jack L.

Maybe something like:

I hope we don't bother with him... he's just going to cost too much draft capital for what he'll bring imo.

We're effectively handing the Giants first dibs before us and leaving us with what's left at pick 15.

Austin should stick to his guns, if we get 12 + 13, that really gives us a great crack at drafting a couple of talented kids in before what's perceived to be a weaker draft next year and then compromised drafts with Tassie coming in.

We'd probably need 34 to get another F2 anyway. * would be the best suitor, they need points for Kako.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back