Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t been fully invested in Houston as I’ve favoured the draft, but as long as we have 1 top 15 pick and get the Campos, I’m ok with adding Houston.

He’s not just a HBF, he’s a guy that can cut teams to shreds and make 80 metre plays. I also think players like Saad and Newman need to not be the main couple coming out of defence. By adding Houston we add layers all throughout the ground and I can see Cowan playing some extended midfield minutes in 2025 if we do get Houston.

But I stand firm, we must still hold a 1st round pick this year (preferably not the end of round).

Adding a top 15 draftee, Houston the Campos to add to the improved Lord, Cowan, Moir, Cowan, OHollands etc puts us in a very good position for 2025 and onwards
Where is our key defender coming from??

I’m excited that there has been no interest in young. I feel this type of kick up the ass will be exactly what he needs to have a huge preseason and take a massive step forward for next year. Add Houston to apply more pressure up the ground and this time next year we will be very happy with the performance of our backline.

So am I. It's always exciting when a player the club doesn't rate, the other defenders don't rate, and the coach in particular doesn't rate, then gets totally unrated by every other club in the comp.

I'm personally very excited about watching him bumble around next year as our second best key defender. Exciting times indeed and my current highlight of the trade period.

95% Collingwood, 5% Port

I'm not sure why people.dont listen to Austin

Houston hasn't nominated us, as he isn't our priority, the draft is.

We won't give away the farm to get pick 13, in fact our F1 and F2 is way over already.
I think that would an absolute steal for us.

The problem is, Port would want something very good to go with 13. That’s where it falls over imo

Port give Houston get:luko richards and 34

Collingwood give richards and noble get Carlton F1

Carlton give F1 and F2, 34 get Houston

GC give Luko get Carlton F2 and noble

Win win for everyone imo thoughts?

They are chasing Lukosius to play forward so I don’t see why the two would be linked. They were going to get Perryman too so salary cap space wouldn’t be an issue either.

Don't think it's about like for like replacement

I'm sure they would like to have both players, but unless they trade someone else of value, it's either one or the other

Big news tomorrow at the club...................CFC will announce GW new CEO with BC to stay on to handover in 2025..................then GW to take over from 2026...........;)

#Bluemour
I know who you are!

And I know the real value you really bring!!

Klark Kent - the bumbling alter-ego of... Superman.

The dithering, fumbling, disappointing, frustrating, under-performer.

Under your Kent-ish facade, hides a powerful, impactful , decisive, skillfull answer to our dreams.

You are the mild-mannered LEWIS YOUNG!! Ready to uncover your Superpower!

Development is everything people!

In every Klark Kent is a Superman.

Over to you Rob Inness.

(sorry I digress).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure trade period can put up some shocks, but did anyone ever believe that anyone would trade anything for Jack Darling.

I might’ve believed it if it was a country league offering a couple of slabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope GC dig their heels in, it’s John Noble ffs

A good addition, sure - he’s not worth any more than Owies is though. At the very least, he’s worth less than Alex Neal-Bullen who went for pick 28.

Don't think it's about like for like replacement

I'm sure they would like to have both players, but unless they trade someone else of value, it's either one or the other
I think they’ll go all in now unless Houston gets them very big overs. They could bring in Lukosius and Richard’s plus possibly get back Farrell, SPP, Marshall and Houston. It’s a strong side and considering they were going to replace Houston with Perryman they must think that they need a replacement.

As I was told and posted earlier Owies Manager confirmed this morning that he has NOT been offered a contract.

I really don't believe he will be at Carlton next year no matter what happens

I very much believe this but at the same time, this is really bad by Austin, if you have been told this, i assume others have too and Owies and his management would be reading between the lines and assuming this, meaning any club who would like him, has no need to trade for a player we are going to delist.

Austin needs to put his poker face on, put a contract offer to Owies and make sure we get something at the trade table for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back