Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe why the GW was dropped today?
The club possibly knew Houston was Filth bound,softens the blow?

If I was super keen on landing Houston I can't see how signing an apprentice CEO, regardless of his background, would soften the blow of missing a player I desperately wanted.

I can't get too enthusiastic about CEO's considering we change them about as frequently as coaches.

It's still early but I'd like to see some decisiveness soon. A tad concerned we have hands in or around a number of pots that have more decisive clubs going in the same direction.

Don't want to be left pissing into the breeze.

Not overly fussed if we land Houston or not. Life goes on regardless.
But how's the wording in that Age article?
"According to sources familiar with discussions, who spoke on the condition of anonymity....."
Classic journo speak for "I have no idea" 😂
Houston will cost us (salary and trade) as much as he is worth, so it's really a nil all draw in my mind. We either get him and we've paid for an all australian half back, or we don't get him and we have salary cap room and draft assets to build the list pre Tasmania, i'm honestly not fussed either way. Whereas usually you feel like the player coming in is worth more than what you give up, generally because they're out of contract or have nominated whatever - that isn't the case for Houston.

It's still early but I'd like to see some decisiveness soon. A tad concerned we have hands in or around a number of pots that have more decisive clubs going in the same direction.

Don't want to be left pissing into the breeze.
This wick!
Let’s sort it out and move on. We need to follow course and make sure we nail what ever else it is we have in the pipeline imo

Current rebounding defenders:
  • Saad
  • Boyd
  • Gov
  • Newy

Medium-tall sized defenders who can rebound:
  • Cowan
  • Haynes

Can go to half back if needed:
  • Kemp
  • Doch
  • Cincotta
  • Williams
  • O.Hollands
  • Cerra

Lock downs:
  • Weits
  • Young
  • S.Durdin (who we should delist)

Houston is a nice to have but not a player we need to go all in for. Still feel the pies are in the box seat because of GCS wanting Noble and they are desperate for Houston.

if peter ryan and writes a story like this for the age its pretty much guaranteed no?
Interesting it doesn’t seem to have been picked up elsewhere - even by the Herald Slum.

If it was a done deal - why wouldn’t Houston have announced his intention?

Preferred? Only if they can broker a deal that satisfies Port.

It looks like Houston is sitting back like all of us waiting for the clubs to sort out their shyte.

Once sorted he will confirm - one way or the other.

Collingwood will be forced to anti-up more than 13 & a packet of chips!

If they don’t - we’re in the game, but on our terms.

The really interesting part is if the club believed Houston was the game changer we needed, they have the assets to get it done tomorrow.

But they choose not to - why?

It’s easy to crave the sugar hit - until you fall in a heap soon thereafter.

(Let’s all remember what happened with Shiel - our last great white hope).

Beware what you wish for!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not overly fussed if we land Houston or not. Life goes on regardless.
But how's the wording in that Age article?
"According to sources familiar with discussions, who spoke on the condition of anonymity....."
Classic journo speak for "I have no idea" 😂
Given Ryan, Gleeson and Niall, are all Collingwood supporters, not the most surprising narrative to come out of the Age. Generally the 3 of them ok but they do not seem overly plugged in to the trade rumour mill and get a bit supporterish this time of the year.

If I was super keen on landing Houston I can't see how signing an apprentice CEO, regardless of his background, would soften the blow of missing a player I desperately wanted.

I can't get too enthusiastic about CEO's considering we change them about as frequently as coaches.
The fact that GW didnt go back to the Pies and chose the Blues is seen as one up on the Pies for many. You've only got to read on the Pies board once this dropped this morning how fierce the Blues vs Pies rivaly is.
So Blues get in with our news first and now all the media is running with Houston's preferred club is the Pies.
In saying that, until Dan comes out and nominates his club of choice himself everyone's clutching at straws.

Do we go all out for a premiership over the next 2-3 yrs, then crash back down, rebuild all over again for the next decade, or do we get draft picks, and set ourselves up to be a top 8 team for the next decade?

I'd rather we go to the draft, competition is so even these days, aim to be a team that consistently plays finals every year...

I’d rather win our first flag in 30 years, but that’s just me🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting it doesn’t seem to have been picked up elsewhere - even by the Herald Slum.

If it was a done deal - why wouldn’t Houston have announced his intention?

Preferred? Only if they can broker a deal that satisfies Port.

It looks like Houston is sitting back like all of us waiting for the clubs to sort out their shyte.

Once sorted he will confirm - one way or the other.

Collingwood will be forced to anti-up more than 13 & a packet of chips!

If they don’t - we’re in the game, but on our terms.

The really interesting part is if the club believed Houston was the game changer we needed, they have the assets to get it done tomorrow.

But they choose not to - why?

It’s easy to crave the sugar hit - until you fall in a heap soon thereafter.

(Let’s all remember what happened with Shiel - our last great white hope).

Beware what you wish for!
Reads like they asked a few friends who work at the Pies and in their arrogant floggish style told them Houston wants to be at the Pies yada yada yada... And bing bada boom it went to print.

Theres been nothing to indicate from Houston or the clubs that Houston prefers any particular destination

Current rebounding defenders:
  • Saad
  • Boyd
  • Gov
  • Newy

Medium-tall sized defenders who can rebound:
  • Cowan
  • Haynes

Can go to half back if needed:
  • Kemp
  • Doch
  • Cincotta
  • Williams
  • O.Hollands
  • Cerra

Lock downs:
  • Weits
  • Young
  • S.Durdin (who we should delist)

Houston is a nice to have but not a player we need to go all in for. Still feel the pies are in the box seat because of GCS wanting Noble and they are desperate for Houston.
My concern the age profile of Newy,Saad,Haynes,Gov(30 next Oct).

Reads like they asked a few friends who work at the Pies and in their arrogant floggish style told them Houston wants to be at the Pies yada yada yada... And bing bada boom it went to print.

Theres been nothing to indicate from Houston or the clubs that Houston prefers any particular destination
It does look that way.

I love the posture of our CFC LM team - very Cook-ish!

Our list manager doesn't spout-off to placate the supporter throng.

Quietly working away towards improving our club.

💪🏼

Prob spoke to their mate Leppa? 🤣

Feel like I’m reading the same posts from two days ago.

We lost out on Shiels. Didn’t cost us. Don’t think it will cost us losing out on Houston either (as much as I rate him as a player). Would rather see Billy Wilson have a break out season.

Whatever the case, can the Houston thing be sorted out tomorrow so we can all move on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back