Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like this move. The way i see it we take at minimum 12 in the draft, whilst creating so many POSSIBLE options over the remainder of the period:

1. Do nothing and take 14 to the draft
2. Trade 14 for Barrass (if we are being cheeky... but fills a need!)
3. Trade 14 back for 2 first round picks this year (Multiple options of GWS, Syd, Rich)
4. Trade 14 back for 1 first round picks this year and 1 next year (Possible options of GWS, Syd, Freo depending on their desperation)
5. Trade 14 for Houston (may need to use option 4 above to make this happen or otherwise include extra collateral like a player)

Last edited:

You absolutely nailed it!
I’m Nick Austin

Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Surely we use one of 12 and 14 (+ whatever extras) on DH?

Simply reality is that it's about 50/50 that a draft kid at that point makes it as an AFL player.

You might get 2 x Patrick Cripps, you might get 2 x Paddy Dow (sorry Paddy).

Use 1 pick on Houston, you've got a walk up, top 10 player - week in, week out.

And the draft kid - well, fingers crossed.

Don't forget our late picks will come up a bit after picks are consumed by bids. For example, Lions will use 32, 42, 43 & 45 on bids so that alone will bring our 68 -> 64

Whatever spills might put us in a bit of a deficit next year, so that Lions F2 could drop back a couple spots.

Probably drop more than a few spots because points are lower next year for lower picks but it won’t matter much - and next season we have two first round picks to play with (2026 and 2027) etc

So I know we are allowed to go into a deficit to match a bid - but hopefully we are allowed to match two bids in deficit in case Lucas is also bid on in the national draft and not rookie draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we are to trade 14 for say 19 + 22 from Sydney... I believe we'd need to offer another decent pick (30-35)... can't see 14 alone getting the job done.
The media reports were that Swans were willing to send 19 and 22 for 13 from the Suns. So maybe they would do it for one of 12 or 14.

Simply reality is that it's about 50/50 that a draft kid at that point makes it as an AFL player.

You don't think Port would know this already?

He's still contracted there for another 3 years, they have no obligation to trade him.

I really like this move. The way i see it we take at minimum 12 in the draft, whilst creating so many POSSIBLE options over the remainder of the period:

1. Do nothing and take 14 to the draft
2. Trade 14 for Barass (if we are being cheeky... but fills a need!)
3. Trade 14 back for 2 first round picks this year (Multiple options of GWS, Syd, Rich)
4. Trade 14 back for 1 first round picks this year and 1 next year (Possible options of GWS, Syd, Freo depending on their desperation)
5. Trade 14 for Houston (may need to use option 4 above to make this happen or otherwise include extra collateral like a player)

Lol imagine using 14 to get Barrass, minds blown everywhere.

If we are to trade 14 for say 19 + 22 from Sydney... I believe we'd need to offer another decent pick (30-35)... can't see 14 alone getting the job done.
It depends as this is really about us helping them get the player they want that they don't think will last to that pick. If there isn't a player they want then of course they wouldn't do it... but if there is... you'd expect they'd need to overpay to some extent. Perhaps we'd need to throw in a F3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure that is an option, but it sounds like Port want more than just 12 - and we don't have anything else to add now unless we find a suitor for Owies and Kennedy.

The media reports were that Swans were willing to send 19 and 22 for 13 from the Suns. So maybe they would do it for one of 12 or 14.

The media rarely get these things right.

13 for 19 + 22 might have been the meat of the deal... but I can't imagine Sydney doing it without GC also handing them 41 for example.

Our current picks are:
12, 14, 69, 72, 73
69, 72, 73 = 77 points
Guess on Ben C is between pick 30 (approx 600 points) and pick 50 (200 points).
Still more in play for us, my guess...
Those 3 picks will move up 10-15 places after bids on Bris F/S academy *academy etc. I think we have enough points for a bid 35ish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back