Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone actually thinking here? What are we going to do?

• Use 12 + 14 to trade up
  • Use one and trade the other in a package for Houston
  • Take 12 + 14 to the draft

Personally I'm happy with any of these, what yall think?
Draft all the way for me.
Remembering C Curnow & H Mckay.

Collingwood thank you for choosing Craig Kelly over Graham Wright.

Now imagine something comes from those accusations.

What's everyone actually thinking here? What are we going to do?

• Use 12 + 14 to trade up
  • Use one and trade the other in a package for Houston
  • Take 12 + 14 to the draft

Personally I'm happy with any of these, what yall think?

Take it to the draft.

Pick 12 - Travaglia

Pick 14 - Albert Proud

Last edited:
Interesting to read we had a crack at getting pick #3 from the WCE...

Could we offer them 12 + 14 now?

They still get a good pick and can use 14 for Baker...

One more thing about this, if true, it kinds of goes to show Houston isn't really high on our radar... had the Eagles accepted there's no way we're giving Port pick 3 and we'd have nothing else to trade for him either.
it also tells me we maybe have our eye on one particular player in the draft

You have to question Houston’s motives though. This deal could have already been done if he wanted to play for North.

Take it to the draft.

Pick 12 - Travaglia

Pick 14 - Albert Proud
I’d prefer
12 Alix Tauru
14 Joe Berry

Hits two of our needs - plus with Ollie lord coming along we really only need another true KPD from later in the draft.

Curly Jnr. (does that make him Shemp?) has really placed us in a pole position.

Do we trade up for a 1st 5 kid and really invest in the future? These kids at that level seem to be able to play Year #1 so you're getting an immediate return.

Do we split one of them for 2 higher 1st rounders?

Do we use the extra 1st rounder for a guaranteed AA player?

Is that guarantee a Petracca, an Oliver or a Houston?

Is Oliver the 'salary-dump' player and if so, maybe we can get 2?

Love this period of the year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a caller on trade radio call it diabolical trading saying he absolutely paid overs for 14. I agree with you BTW in that Curly Jr has done real well.
I heard that pinhead. I don’t think he gets that the value of the picks is relevant to the quality of the draft you intend to use them in. You also can’t judge until both the trade and draft period is over.

Curly Jr has done some smart business today given this weekend is when the real stuff begins. Couldn’t be happier with the day’s events. Even better that poor old Leppa appears to be on back foot scrambling now.
Today's trades seem to have GW written all over it. I'm a huge rap for Curly Jr, and I wouldn't be surprised if the two heads got together to orchestrate the whole scenario.

I watched an interview with Austin a few years back where he said that he was still in regular with Blair Hartley, who was mentoring him in the early stages at Carlton. What better mentor could you now have than Wright, even as a sounding board with trades and recognising talent. Cook has previously said that he has some input into LM with his ideas, but leaves it up to Austin and his crew. You'd imagine that Wright will be similar, but Austin will be bouncing all sorts of stuff off him. A dream team.

In the meantime over at Victoria Park, poor ol' Leppa has been left with his thumb up his bum. While our crew were looking laterally to trade into the 1st round this year, the Pies seemed hell bent trying to concoct some deal with GCS for pick 13 - with Noble apparently being their ace in the hole, even though he's only worth a 3rd round pick at best.

We've ended up with pick 14 and a whole host of options, and Leppa is now left trying to compete with at least 3 other clubs to prise that pick from the Sunny Boys :thumbsu::cool:

You have to question Houston’s motives though. This deal could have already been done if he wanted to play for North.
What if he's buying us as much time as possible? That's why I reckon he hasn't nominated anyone, because;
a) Like you mentioned - If he nominated North, the deal gets done straight up
b) Knows we want him, and we are taking 12 to the Draft, but we don't have a good enough hand yet for Port (Plus I doubt he wants Port to be shafted)
c) He's open to Pies but knows there's a lot of water to go under the bridge with that

I think he's generally open to whomever can get it done - except Norf

What if he's buying us as much time as possible? That's why I reckon he hasn't nominated anyone, because;
a) Like you mentioned - If he nominated North, the deal gets done straight up
b) Knows we want him, and we are taking 12 to the Draft, but we don't have a good enough hand yet for Port (Plus I doubt he wants Port to be shafted)
c) He's open to Pies but knows there's a lot of water to go under the bridge with that

I think he's generally open to whomever can get it done - except Norf
It’s a possibility, he definitely wants to join us. I just think we’re on different wave lengths at the moment with different ideas as to what value is and what’s in the best interests of our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back