Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes 2024 is a deep draft, Ashcroft and O’Sullivan are the two standouts and after that throw a blank over next 12 to 15, equal level / potential.
Following 15 are ok too but fewer midfielders depending on list needs. No need to trade up.
One would rather have say Barrat a tall defender and a midfielder Read, 2 quality youngster addressing our needs.

Last edited:
If the draft is as deep and good as people have been saying, why the need to use two first rounders to get up to pick 3?

Compared to other years, this crop seem a lot more even.

Trading up to pick 3 only gives us 1 selection befor the Campo boys, adding two and the Campo kids seems a much bigger influx of youth than if its 3.

May be unrealistic but Trainor looks like he could play CHB next year:

Such a mature build already - 194 and quick.

If it's a straight choice between Houston and someone like him - it's a no-brainer for me. We've got a gigantic hole in our list at CHB. It has to be the #1 priority.

We also need a fast small forward.

Yes pls looks like a more agile weiters

Great trade by Austin. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

“Worst case scenario” we hit the draft and pick up some quality players.

Doubt it will happen but I wonder whether Melbourne would bite at 12 + 14 + Cerra or Kennedy for Petracca. They won’t ever have a better chance to cash him in than that, both us and the pies won’t have first rounders next year and picks beyond that point are far less valuable due to uncertainty.

It is going to be fun when we take our picks.

Austin has continually been true to his word.

Wants a player to give run and connection
and
WANTS A TALL TO PLAY BEHIND THE BALL to complement Weitering.

Don’t be blinded by the media ratings or musings. We are taking a KPD with our second pick as we have very little scope to add a further pick.

I'm not sure 2 plus 2 equals 4 here.

I'll take on face value that we offered 12 and our futures for Pick 3. But that doesn't neccessarily mean we will offer 12 and 14 for 3.

Our stated intention has always been to get 2 high picks and the Campo's. 4 picks this year.

We could have been trying to get Pick 3 to then trade it back to 2 high picks. But we have now done that in a different way.

I won't rule anything out, but my feel is Jay Clark has had a wild swing here with O'Sullivan being Walsh's cousin. It's most likely just Hun content on a Big 4 team.

I personally believe Nick Austin, Eric Pascoe, Cal Twomey, and then some basic thoughtful logic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is going to be fun when we take our picks.

Austin has continually been true to his word.

Wants a player to give run and connection
and
WANTS A TALL TO PLAY BEHIND THE BALL to complement Weitering.

Don’t be blinded by the media ratings or musings. We are taking a KPD with our second pick as we have very little scope to add a further pick.
I agree, unless we pick up a KPD as a DFA which would rely on us opening more list spots. In which case maybe we use 12 and 14 on 2 speedy types. But I think you're probably right

Well from the sounds of things my intel of Leppa being a complete and utter f***wit is true. Humphrey and 13 for Noble and a F1. Lets hope he has a tenure as long serving as Dodoro!

Spider Man Lol GIF

Love that the value we’ve placed on Pick 14 being our future 1st and future 2nd in turn puts a floor on the value of Pick 13 for Collingwood (floor much higher than F1 and Noble for Pick 13, Pick 23 and Humphrey). 😎

Big fan of this draft. So many good players. I love what they did today. Would be over the moon if we could grab Bo Allan.

Houston is terrific but I would prefer to build and build and build. I never want to bottom out. I don’t think we have enough good young players.

One absolute gun (if we traded up) or two very good players would be awesome.
Agree re Bo Allan. Good size with speed. Can see him playing AFL level as early as 2025.

I agree, unless we pick up a KPD as a DFA which would rely on us opening more list spots. In which case maybe we use 12 and 14 on 2 speedy types. But I think you're probably right
Doubt Travaglia and Tauru will be there.

Trainor is sliding for a reason. At this stage I’d be keen to trade up as I think there’s a clear gap between the top 10 live picks and the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back