Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure 2 plus 2 equals 4 here.

I'll take on face value that we offered 12 and our futures for Pick 3. But that doesn't neccessarily mean we will offer 12 and 14 for 3.

Our stated intention has always been to get 2 high picks and the Campo's. 4 picks this year.

We could have been trying to get Pick 3 to then trade it back to 2 high picks. But we have now done that in a different way.

I won't rule anything out, but my feel is Jay Clark has had a wild swing here with O'Sullivan being Walsh's cousin. It's most likely just Hun content on a Big 4 team.

I personally believe Nick Austin, Eric Pascoe, Cal Twomey, and then some basic thoughtful logic

MIN of 4 at the draft, so hoping for another to slot in there before BC and maybe LC as a rookie.

KPD is intriguing. Can we get O’Farrell in somehow, or is Trainor in our sights?

Aren’t we keen on Murphy Reid?

What has EP said?

Two first round draft picks especially when they are close together are worth their weight in gold even in a normal draft year.

Better yet, in the range we have them it starts to become more about drafting for needs rather than drafting the best. If we draft well we could cover two big holes in the list in one swoop with top end talent in those particular areas.

Sorry to be lazy and scroll through the thread (I have an infant child to raise for the Carlton clan), but are we looking to go to the draft with both picks or made this move with the Hawks to go for a player?
Most likely take them to the draft, but seems we’re open to other options.

MIN of 4 at the draft, so hoping for another to slot in there before BC and maybe LC as a rookie.

KPD is intriguing. Can we get O’Farrell in somehow, or is Trainor in our sights?

Aren’t we keen on Murphy Reid?

What has EP said?

Below is eric's one and only post, posted 10 days ago. Man hasn't lost his touch.

"Most likely scenario

We secure another first round pick this year by trading our future first

That pick not enough to get Houston

We take two top 15 picks to the draft, take them plus the twins plus Haynes"

Below is eric's one and only post, posted 10 days ago. Man hasn't lost his touch.

"Most likely scenario

We secure another first round pick this year by trading our future first

That pick not enough to get Houston

We take two top 15 picks to the draft, take them plus the twins plus Haynes"
Thanks. Memory has returned.
Still want another pick in between 14 & 30 (somehow) and then the twins for our haul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Hawkins has weird eyes too....

Can confirm.

Bumped into Hawkins at a restaurant years ago.

Between his stature and his eyes, he's a very striking fellow.

Looks like he was bred in a lab or comes from another (humanoid) planet.

Imagine you and a friend didn't know who he was and you were both looking through a crowd of 1000 random people. You spot him and say to your friend 'I just saw the most incredible looking person'. Without prompting, your friend would instantly say 'I did too' and point straight to Hawkins. Mean that as a compliment.

What're the chances we could actually move 12+14 on and get 3? Throw Bot in?

It sure would help them get their targets in. Maybe BOTH Baker and Bolton.
12 + 14 would never get pick 3 in isolation. Unless more was at play (eg like unlocking trades, as you suggest).

Ultimately that would mean we'd have paid 12, F1 and F2 for pick 3. That's pretty hefty. That's ballpark what Port paid for JHF and he was more of a sure thing than an 18yo draftee (IMHO). It's more than what Geelong paid for Jeremy Cameron. And so on...

You'd want to be pretty bloody sure about the kid you're picking. Coz you're giving up the pointy end of two drafts to select him.

From someone very close to broadie. Broadie Kemp will likely play 3rd tall forward next year.
For Carlton, right?

Just with the day we've had, I'm not sure of anything any more...

:p

Any recruiter worth their salt has an infinitely better chance of hitting the jackpot with pick 3 than pick 12 or 14
Dusty was pick 3 for the Tigers 🤤
Pick 3 is every chance to be out there against Richmond in round one next season … and not just making up the numbers …
Yup that’s what SOS thought too, but sadly and bitterly we all know different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back