Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches think more short/medium term, list managers medium/long term, finding mutual balance is always robust

Not really, it's 1 player only
Team Usa Sport GIF by U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team

the karate kid balance GIF

I am a little worried about so many Baggers here assuming the Camporeale's are going to be any good. Their last name means zilch once they step on that field.

If Ben is seen as late second at best, and Lucas is scraping into the draft at best, the chances of them succeeding is very low.

I love them, am rooting for them, I think it's' exciting and it's fantastic that we have some father and son twins. However, please don't include them in your plans until they prove something over the next few years.

Apologies for the buzz kill! :grin:

I’m not a draft watcher but if Ben was voted player of the champs for SA and is an All Australian U/18 in this draft class then I dare suggest he’s a bit of a player, Lucas who knows.

Like any draftee even top 10s they all don’t work out and some surprise you from way back.

I’m backing this strategy all the way to get a top 3 and the campos this year, it’s a no brainer. Apart from Cripps and Walsh maybe Cerra when he’s hammy is good our midfield is wafer thin

The answer is contained in the quote.
Voss wants Houston.
Our coach.
How arrogant of Lloyd and Austin to say you'll get what we give you.
We know better.
Who is the triple premiership player and why did we employ him?
Do they think Vossy is only after sugar hits too?
Or does he know what it takes?
Did he just put up with the worst injury list ever seen on who's waTch and whose decisions?
is this tongue in cheek or serious? I can't decipher.

Who wins more in this trade?

WCE trade pick 3 so they can get their main trade target in Barker and home grown product Allan at the draft.

Carlton have traded 1st, F1 and F2 to get 1 player at 3

I know pick 3 is valuable but WCE are in a bind imo. They either keep 3 and look like fools after selling the dream to Barker, or we massively help them out.

I know it won’t happen but I’d be asking for their F2 in the deal. Otherwise they are in trouble
Don’t we subtract the F2 in the calculations, as we have gained another F2 in the process (admittedly the worst of them as we currently stand but could end up better placed).

It’s more like R1, R2 (to BL) & F1 for pick#3

Not really, it's 1 player only
But the cost is not 1 draft pick, and there are big implications between the wildly different contracts.

Clarko pushing for O’Meara etc, Hardwick for Taranto and Hopper.
It’s extremely risky.

Going for a cheap player like Fantasia as a DFA is a completely different kettle of fish.

But the cost is not 1 draft pick, and there are big implications between the wildly different contracts.

Clarko pushing for O’Meara etc, Hardwick for Taranto and Hopper.
It’s extremely risky.

Going for a cheap player like Fantasia as a DFA is a completely different kettle of fish.
I agree with draft pick capital, but salaries can be reworked and there is a trade period each year to rectify a situation

It comes down to fair and reasonable cost, considering our current position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the pick swap with Brisbane.

1) Brisbane would be expected to finish higher than us next year
2) This year's draft is supposed to be a super draft
3) Current year picks usually carry a solid premium to next year's

I realise we wanted to turf the pick due to a possible Campo bid. Just think we should have done better out of it.
No Daniher, premiership hangover possibly…. might miss finals potentially

Everything is a risk folks.

A single top 3 player can be a bust or could be generational. See Dow, then see Judd.

It seems clear to me that there are about 5 players vying for top honours this year, then a heap of others swapping positions in the top 20.

I do like the idea of the generational type player coming in. Someone who moves the needle, over two potential very good players.

I've watched a few tapes. I can see the step up in class from a few of the front runners to be honest, but not necessarily what we need for the now.

This is Austin's job on the line. As a past poster used to say, let the baker bake the bread. The fact that we have Graham Wright in the mix to give his own advice ... how can you second guess this sort of pedigree?

Whatever we do, I'll support, until it's apparent that my support is misplaced.

From Soapy. :arrowup:

The answer is contained in the quote.
Voss wants Houston.
Our coach.
How arrogant of Lloyd and Austin to say you'll get what we give you.
We know better.

I didn’t take it that way. More a coach wants a player and if we can make it work among our whole strategy we will

A coach will always have their opinions and put them forward but it’s the LM that has the final opinion. I have no issue with what either is doing

Then what will you do?

I'll withdraw my support and agree more with those that want change.

Never nail yourself to one position when further evidence comes to hand. I'm very evidence based by career and nature.

Everything is a risk folks.

A single top 3 player can be a bust or could be generational. See Dow, then see Judd.

It seems clear to me that there are about 5 players vying for top honours this year, then a heap of others swapping positions in the top 20.

I do like the idea of the generational type player coming in. Someone who moves the needle, over two potential very good players.

I've watched a few tapes. I can see the step up in class from a few of the front runners to be honest, but not necessarily what we need for the now.

This is Austin's job on the line. As a past poster used to say, let the baker bake the bread. The fact that we have Graham Wright in the mix to give his own advice ... how can you second guess this sort of pedigree?

Whatever we do, I'll support, until it's apparent that my support is misplaced.
Alright you've convinced me - Austin take it away

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back