Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDU and Cerra will be 10+ year footballers. Dow will not be.

My point is putting all our eggs (12, F1 and F2) into one basket (3) is a risky move.

12, F1 and F2 on the trade market would get you an A+ player on the trade market. And Pick 3 is an untried footballer. It’s risky.
High Risk High reward
You don’t hit every pick every time. We ****ed pick 3 in the past and many many other high picks - Dow, SPS, Philp, OBrien, Stocker, Lucas, Boekhurst, Bootsma, etc etc
What high picks has Austin missed on?
I wouldn't worry too much he is bloody good at this game.

Why are we sharking Ashton Moir off?
Absolute zero chance he's going anywhere....except into our forward half for the next decade.

WCE supporters still filthy that we took him with our first pick last year when they had their beady little peepers firmly set on him with their next pick after taking Harley.

1728735190171.png

If we are taking pick 12 and 14 to the draft, we have access to the 12th and 14th eligible player, even if the picks drift out to 16 and 18

If we are trading for pick 3, it's best we have 3 players we like, rather than hoping 1 of the 2 players we like is still on thee board

The other great thing about taking pick 3 now is we can also trade it out in a few weeks time or even on draft night if we get a more compelling trade offer for it - a club desperate for it could offer us something like 7 and 15 (hypothetical since we don’t know who will end up with what picks).

If we have done the due diligence on 20+ players and then get a sense of who will fall where we could end up getting two really good players by taking 3 now instead of sticking with 12 and 14

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have you watched any of their games?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
All of them in fact :)

Ben is a decent mid who can’t hit a target, Lucas is a dime a dozen half backer. I think they will both be fine, but people get a bit carried away at times. Again, Ben around 40 if the F/S wasn’t attached, Lucas would maybe go as a rookie.

All of them in fact :)

Ben is a decent mid who can’t hit a target, Lucas is a dime a dozen half backer. I think they will both be fine, but people get a bit carried away at times. Again, Ben around 40 if the F/S wasn’t attached, Lucas would maybe go as a rookie.
Funny coz ive seen Ben hit targets more than multiple times and this myth that he can’t hit targets is a fantasy but receipts will be taken going into next year for all those who are doubting Ben and Lucas …

How was he vice captain and MVP being the spud that so many on here claim him to be 🤔

Last edited:
Funny coz ive seen Ben hit targets more than multiple times and this myth that he can’t hit targets is a fantasy but receipts will be taken going into next year for all those who are doubting Ben and Lucas …

How was he captain and MVP being the spud that so many on here claim him to be 🤔
Im being hyperbolic but his disposal needs a lot of work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holding pick 3, we could also fleece the crows.
They would probably consider Draper “their property” and would be desperate to select him with their pick 4.
To swap picks 3&4 with the crows, what could they offer us to get our attention …
I'd dangle the carrot if we got 3 and see if they bit on draft night. So long as one of Lalor/Smith was available still. If neither were available which is likely, don't worry about it.

3 for 4 and their F2.

LDU and Cerra will be 10+ year footballers. Dow will not be.

Possibly, but both LDU and Cerra aren't real consistent match winners.

My point is putting all our eggs (12, F1 and F2) into one basket (3) is a risky move.

Agreed.

12, F1 and F2 on the trade market would get you an A+ player on the trade market. And Pick 3 is an untried footballer. It’s risky.

Again, I agree.

You don’t hit every pick every time. We f**ked pick 3 in the past and many many other high picks - Dow, SPS, Philp, OBrien, Stocker, Lucas, Boekhurst, Bootsma, etc etc

Yeah true, but none of these players were picked by Austin. Most of them by SOS who had a knack for picking great talls but also failed at picking mids... Walsh was really his only "can't miss".

While I agree it's definitely a risk to go all out on a pick 3, there's also a chance of a very high reward...

Personally, I'm happy either way...

If we keep 12 + 14, we will be getting a couple of good picks in a deep draft. If we trade up to pick 3, we only get one.. but he should be among the cream of the crop of a deep draft.

The thing is.. if we're saying that here, then rival club spotters, recuiters etc would know this as well.

Of course... and they'd know a fair bit more too...

The only difference is, the other draftees have more exposed form and this will likely impact recruiters decisions.

I don't think Ben is a "pick 40" in reality... had he played more and showed his worth, he'd probably be a mid-late 20's pick imo.

Ashcroft and O’Sullivan are the clear stand outs of this draft, one can then throw a blanket over the next dozen or so, quite evenly match.
KPP in the twenties, I would rather keep 12 to 14 and snap up a midfielder and tall defender which should turn out be quality footballers and fill our needs in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back