Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing incorrect with what you said. But for how long? Is it worth trading what could be a 200+ game player for one that will be luckyy to play 100?
I wont care if its enough time to net us a Flag or two and fill a spot while Tassie stock up.

Anyone but the pies please

Ranking merits of those picks (for GC):

1. St K: F1 & F2 (GC will like future picks, and this gets a potential top 10)
2. Syd: 19 & 22 (terrific offer, though first would get eaten up by Lombard bid, maybe use to trade up pick 6?)
3. Haw: F1 & F2 (good value)
4. Melb: F1 & 2nd rounder (this year) (second round this year not as valuable as next year for GC)
5. Dogs: F1 (meh, mediocre trade)
6. Coll: Noble & F1 for 13 & 23 (horrible trade, way overvalues Noble, take away 23 and it's reasonable)

If we won a flag is a big if. No one acquisition is enough to push us to that level. It's gonna take the collective.
That's 100% true but I don't think putting all bet's on Pick#3 is less risky, probably even more risky because;

A) The kid has to develop very quickly while we have 'A window' - don't think that this particular window will be open beyond the next 3 years.
B) That whomever we get at Pick#3 isn't a total bust.

If sydney miss, wonder if they'd throw 19 and 22 for 14?
Then 12 19 22 for 3 & 26?

Or is 26 tightrope walking a bid for Ben?
It is a bit, as it will drift out to about 30. Prob ok though, and we could trade night draft if a bid came in.

But why wouldn't we just do 12 & 14 for 3 & 26 and let WC do the 14 for 19/22 deal? In other words, if WC won't do 12 & 14 for 3, don't think they'd do it for something we'd turned 14 into. But who knows, maybe they blink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wonder if you think curnow, weiters and harry are all lucky to play 100 more games from now on
Depends on if we play finals for the next 4 years. I would say all those players are more integral to our side also than any HB flanker also.

We know for a fact what our 3 boys bring in our side, we don't know what Houston will bring and for how long. He's a known quantity at Port, not at the Blues.

When we could add 2 of Travaglia Berry Hannaford Hotton Trainer Lindsay Whitlock for the next decade I know what I would be doing 😎
Agreed, there's obvious pros and cons with both options. But weighing up all intrinsic and extrinsic factors. I'm taking the kid/s (either at our current picks, higher or lower).

Depends on if we play finals for the next 4 years. I would say all those players are more integral to our side also than any HB flanker also.

We know for a fact what our 3 boys bring in our side, we don't know what Houston will bring and for how long. He's a known quantity at Port, not at the Blues.
Houston is a gun BUT we have a very good group of running defenders. Mature and developing. It’s not a desperate need for us. Boyd Ollie Wilson Cowan added to Saad Docherty Cincotta

In the draft we could add a quicker skillful mid and an X factor small forward. IMO that’s better list management not to mention its leaves a lot of money to add players next year when there are a heap of good FAs available

I'd take Houston for pick 12
Not sure if I would or wouldn’t tbh

Heart says great pick up, we are in the window and need punch off half back

Head says stay in this draft and invest in the future to extend the window. Saad and Newy can provide that punch, let’s stock in positions of need and invest in speed

Every time I follow my heart, I fall on my face?

Agreed but I guess it's that's the whole argument to begin with. Is it better the devil you know?

Nature of trading I guess

It's been mentioned by genuine ITK like EP, that we would be willing to part with a single 1st rounder for Houston, but walk away if/when others offer more and rightful so

Ultimately, it's been an entertaining debate/period, especially given the murmurs regarding mutual interest by Houston/us has been around for 2 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back