Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons could put themselves back in the hunt for Houston, or North could deal with the Demons and have another crack at Houston

Interesting times
Doubt they’ll go for Houston. They’ll get 2 high quality mids at 5 and 9. Reckon they’ll plan for Trac and Oliver’s uncertainty, and Viney finishing up in the next couple of years

I assume based on EP's post we are now most likely to just stick with 12 and 14 at the draft. Will need to look into the players a bit more but I think a small forward and an outside pacey mid with some good skills would be optimal. Trainor concussion concerns have me staying away and not sure there are any other KPDs in that range.

Smart move by Hawks, obtaining an extra 2nd round pick overall in our draft swap deal allows them to keep their original pick, but helps them in the deal to secure Barrass which should be looking like a first and second rounder..

Damian Barrett on footy furnace reckons Houston still gets to Carlton, Tom Morris said the Pies are a long way off from getting a deal done ….

Can’t wait for this to be over

Not sure how Barrett thinks this can get done unless Port suddenly accept 12 or 14 alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we get it done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We wait.

Port will call us when they reach/fail to reach an agreement with Collingwood and give us the opportunity to match because we are his preferred destination.

Then we offer one of our firsts plus some favourable swaps.

Bookmark this and find it when he’s wearing the polo.

Judging by the posts here, there is the Top 5 in the draft, then a Top 25.

We currently have a chance at one in the Top 5 or two in the 25.

If the difference in the 25 is marginal, perhaps we go for 3 in the Top 25.

Whatever the Club decides is fine with me but I would seriously look at Smilie because he is big-bodied and the trend seems to be favouring that (& perhaps why LOB and Dow didn't work out?).

Also, they were both Geelong Grammar/College boys and it also appears that SOS liked to recruit in pairs eg. Finbar/his son.

Smilie, it appears will go beyond 5 so maybe we go for 3 in the Top 25?

So the question is, who do we want outside the Top 5 and does the possibility of 3 of them outweigh the one undoubted gun.

If it's 2 out of the Top 25, I go the Top 5.

If it's 3, I go the 3.

2 Bob's worth...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back