Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

General consensus you need 4 rucks on your list.

As it sits we have TDK/Pitto/HOK and Jsos as pinch hit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is it? I've never heard that before.

3 to me, in the modern game, is plenty. 1 starter, 1 backup and 1 developing.

I think the game has shown that playing 2 rucks just doesn't work these days, so having 4 on a list is excessive imo.

Is it? I've never heard that before.

3 to me, in the modern game, is plenty. 1 starter, 1 backup and 1 developing.

I think the game has shown that playing 2 rucks just doesn't work these days, so having 4 on a list is excessive imo.

So did I but I remember one of the list managers I think it was who made that comment awhile ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the Melb - * deal goes through that’s annoying.

Melbourne basically doing the same trade as us with hawks but getting a top 10 pick.

If we had pick 9, reckon it’d go a huge way to get Houston (if that’s what we want)

If the Melb - * deal goes through that’s annoying.

Melbourne basically doing the same trade as us with hawks but getting a top 10 pick.

If we had pick 9, reckon it’d go a huge way to get Houston (if that’s what we want)
Difference is, Melbourne will finish lower than us so it’s not basically the same. I think Melbourne are a bottom 6 club in 2025, we won’t be

Like I said yesterday Voss wants Houston, Austin wants the draft

Port hoping Austin will blink and give up more

I don’t think he will
I just find it so odd that Barrett who has been saying Pies for a while has now said Blues when most other people in the media have ruled us out due to our intentions to hit the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need an F2 for kennedy/owies
Do we get more if we hyphenate?

Matthew Kennedy-Owies

A 30 goal per year inside mid, with a clutch set-shot and good over head mark, is a great clubman who can celebrate like the best of them…

Got to be worth a second rounder!

Friends Australia GIF by Australian Ninja Warrior

Judging by the posts here, there is the Top 5 in the draft, then a Top 25.

We currently have a chance at one in the Top 5 or two in the 25.

If the difference in the 25 is marginal, perhaps we go for 3 in the Top 25.

Whatever the Club decides is fine with me but I would seriously look at Smilie because he is big-bodied and the trend seems to be favouring that (& perhaps why LOB and Dow didn't work out?).

Also, they were both Geelong Grammar/College boys and it also appears that SOS liked to recruit in pairs eg. Finbar/his son.

Smilie, it appears will go beyond 5 so maybe we go for 3 in the Top 25?

So the question is, who do we want outside the Top 5 and does the possibility of 3 of them outweigh the one undoubted gun.

If it's 2 out of the Top 25, I go the Top 5.

If it's 3, I go the 3.

2 Bob's worth...
I think we would take Travaglia, Tauru, Berry or Hannaford.

It’s a risk though as the first two may both be gone.

No uproar from me - a most underwhelming list hogger, of less value than Owies with few redeeming qualities other than his surname. If he can trade on his surname, we should too.
I don’t dislike him but definitely think we can afford to offload him. Moir will quickly go past him IMO.

There could be another twist or two over the coming days but I’m expecting that we’ll be drafting at picks 12 and 14. Would consider a move up the order but only if it’s a trade weighted in our favour. I’m not desperate to move up.

Picks in the 10-15 range are gold for teams on the cusp. Can target positional needs with also an eye on the longer term. Add two good senior footballers in a deep draft plus two Campos and we’re laughing.

Maybe a 3 way trade between Eagles, Saints Richmond. 7 and 8 alone is overs for 3. Saints need something back to get it done.

Eagles:
  • Give pick 3
  • Get Baker, pick 7
Saints
  • Give pick 7,8
  • Get pick 3,14
Tigers
  • Give Baker, pick 6 (Rioli)
  • Get pick 8, 12

Blues give 12 and 14
Blues get 6

Last edited: