Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can get a future or current 2nd for owies, kennedy by trading 2 x 3rds, that would be a great outcome over the next 3 days
Agree, unfortunately any prospective interest in our players we would prefer to trade will be shown very late Tuesday afternoon maybe Wednesday.
That’s the problem with such a long trade period to much time to play games. Let keep our fingers crossed. We’ve shown the courage and aggression now need some luck.

They will take the Pies deal. Pies have obviously dropped their ask for 23 back if the above is correct.
Not per the recent Cal Twomey update on the AFL website. Pies still want something back being 23. Regardless, I still think Saints F1 and F2 for 13 is better than a F1 and Noble from Pies (if we omit 23).

Last edited:
Agree, unfortunately any prospective interest in our players we would prefer to trade will be shown very late Tuesday afternoon maybe Wednesday.
That’s the problem with such a long trade period to much time to play games. Let keep our fingers crossed. We’ve shown the courage and aggression now need some luck.
I don't think it's related to the length of the draft period but rather related to their significance.

Petracca/Oliver/Houston/Smith are still in play and we're talking about a 2nd string midfielder?

MK has been serviceable - even more so when he lost weight at the start of the season. Guess what - got fat again at the end of the season?

Is it the player or the fitness regime?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted in NO DISCUSSION thread by "Yazz" yesterday that WCE has agreed to trade #3 for #12 and #14 yet reported today that it was knocked back by WCE.

I get there are reputable posters for rumours but surely some of these posters literally making things up hoping it'll happen rather than being "in the know"

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted in NO DISCUSSION thread by "Yazz" yesterday that WCE has agreed to trade #3 for #12 and #14 yet reported today that it was knocked back by WCE.

I get there are reputable posters for rumours but surely some of these posters literally making things up hoping it'll happen rather than being "in the know"

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
1728817669519.png

Wednesday is going to be fascinating. Do clubs hold strong or blink?

Picks up for grabs:

Pick 2
Pick 3
Pick 9
Pick 13

Players up for grabs:
Smith
Barrass
Houston
Oliver
Petracca
Baker
Rioli
Bolton
Lukosious
Kennedy
Owies
Young
J.Carroll
O'Halloran
Peatling
Derksen
Sharp
Daniel
Parker
Stringer
Macrae
Richards
Nobel
Robertson
Konstanty
Hayes

Last edited:
Personally, I reckon if we go for pick 3, we would want another pick before 40. I don’t know how
I would not give up two picks to W.C. without getting their pick 26 back as well, otherwise we only get the one pick and more late picks for points!!! Not much return for giving away our F1 & F2 in a deal with the Haws if we draft just one kid and then have a squillion points to get the Campo twins with!!! The two kids we are supposed to be tossing up over in O`Sullivan & Lalor have both had interrupted years with injuries, so picking one of them could be dodgy so why not grab two later kids that can fill separate needs for the club?!! Do not like placing all our needs in just one pick that`s for sure.....

Last edited:
Sorry reg_lower91 but we can not trade the Brisbane F2 as we traded out our F1&2 so we must keep Brisbane's F2 for now.
Can not is pretty loose though, Port have received permission to trade their F1, which isn’t allowed under the rules, if we asked I think we’d be allowed

I just find it so odd that Barrett who has been saying Pies for a while has now said Blues when most other people in the media have ruled us out due to our intentions to hit the draft

It's because there's lots of moving parts and things are changing daily, if not hourly. Also because people have different contacts within clubs

Can not is pretty loose though, Port have received permission to trade their F1, which isn’t allowed under the rules, if we asked I think we’d be allowed
When it first came up we were trading our F1 & F2 there was discussions that we must have someone else’s f2 incoming as the penalty is severe, like ban from the following years draft etc.

Could we trade pick 12 for Sydney's pick 19 and 22 which has been reported they are offering GC for pick 13. Then trade pick 14 and 22 to PA for Houston and use pick 19 in the draft which is still a first round pick.

Thoughts ?

We sure could but that'd be Austin reneging on his desire to have an early pick so don't think we'd do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back