Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I think Houston will happen roany.

I’m not an ITK….more of a FIIK poster

My call is it won't. Austin isn't keen at all and only reason we are mentioned is because Voss wants him. We haven't even met with Manager or discussed contracts

PS The best we can offer is 12 and steak knives. Collingwood & North are coming with everything and both are very keen. North will easily have the best offer. I reckon Austin is happy about this

Last edited:

Such a big rumour re Houston barely moves the needle in here?

No disrespect intended - but are most on here somewhat sceptical?

It gets to a point where you get fluctuationitis.

It is unusual in that the 3 scenarios are all good. It's not like there is a great outcome, a neutral one and a poor one. When it seems to change every half day, the rumours can not all be legitimately based on new information.

It does seem that 12 and 14 for 3 was more acceptable to us than WC. If they have put the kybosh on that, then we are at the mercy of what Port will accept for DH. I don't see how Port can have made that decision yet? Why would they, when they still have 3 days to extract the best offer they can get?

We’ve all “been there done that”. Keep expectations low and see what happens.

I'm of the opinion we can't lose either way

Houston and first round pick makes us better
2 x first round picks makes us better

then the Campo twins which club are excited about

Which Xmas present do we open first?

It gets to a point where you get fluctuationitis.

It is unusual in that the 3 scenarios are all good. It's not like there is a great outcome, a neutral one and a poor one. When it seems to change every half day, the rumours can not all be legitimately based on new information.

It does seem that 12 and 14 for 3 was more acceptable to us than WC. If they have put the kybosh on that, then we are at the mercy of what Port will accept for DH. I don't see how Port can have made that decision yet? Why would they, when they still have 3 days to extract the best offer they can get?
Noted, but despite the fluctuations, if a hole appears we generally jump straight in :)

Does gaining our first + give Port a better crack at finalising lakosius?

Sincerely hope we don't end up with Houston. We require speed in the midfield as well as a KPD. Getting another half back flanker on big money is not a priority at all and doesn't address any of our needs long term. Hit the draft this year and look to target a free agent next season given we don't have a first round pick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Sure.

But I’ve seen lesser rumours create havoc.

Surprised this one hasn’t…

It’s 7.48am in the morning, plenty in here need a lot of beauty sleep…by 10am this thread will have grown by 200 posts minimum

Patience grasshopper

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sincerely hope we don't end up with Houston. We require speed in the midfield as well as a KPD. Getting another half back flanker on big money is not a priority at all and doesn't address any of our needs long term.

Yep. The other reason I want picks is youth injects energy and excitement and this could be our last time in a while to bring in a number good young picks before Tassie joins

It also really helps our SC going forward. If we bring in 4-5 kids and some rookies like DGB we have heaps of room for gun players for next 3-4 years

Both are wins. I just see more positives in going to draft. That's my take

It's very intriguing

Keeping 12 and 14 seems the most likely scenario

Austin/Voss ( the club ) would most likely part with a 1st rounder plus steak knives, but there will be some better offers being thrown up for Port

Bundling up picks for 1 pointy end pick is still a possibility, but doubtful that gets us inside the top 5

3 days left, it will be manic

Bailey Smith’s management is threatening to walk him to the National draft believing that clubs won’t take him given the depth of the draft. Just posturing of course but I’d throw pick 14 at him for sure.

Yep. The other reason I want picks is youth injects energy and excitement and this could be our last time in a while to bring in a number good young picks before Tassie joins

It also really helps our SC going forward. If we bring in 4-5 kids and some rookies like DGB we have heaps of room for gun players for next 3-4 years

Both are wins. I just see more positives in going to draft. That's my take
Exactly. When we played the kids against West coast and St Kilda we looked completely different. It lit a spark in the side. The energy was terrific. Need to keep injecting youth and rewarding players who perform into our side more consistently next season. If we pick up two quality first round picks plus Campo twins, it will really help set us up longer term.

Bailey Smith’s management is threatening to walk him to the National draft believing that clubs won’t take him given the depth of the draft. Just posturing of course but I’d throw pick 14 at him for sure.

I wouldn’t use a draft pick on any player that has nominated a different club. Smith wants Geelong. His heart wouldn’t be in Carlton.

Great news, interesting timing

Very interesting timing, I'd have thought we'd wait until Thursday at the earliest. I bet its been more or less agreed in principle for a while (as has been hinted at by various people on the board), but I wonder if some sort of tangentially related decision has been made...

Exactly. When we played the kids against West coast and St Kilda we looked completely different. It lit a spark in the side. The energy was terrific. Need to keep injecting youth and rewarding players who perform into our side more consistently next season. If we pick up two quality first round picks plus Campo twins, it will really help set us up longer term.

An injury free run and we have the talent now. I'm excited by Wilson Lord Moir O'Keefe Binns and believe all can play a lot of games next year

One of Pick 12 or 14 could easily step up next year. As could Ben Campo. Haynes, DGB (as an example) are ready to play. What this does is gives us depth and options which you need to win flags.

Names like Lord, Binns, O'Keefe, Moir, Cowan, Wilson weren't early picks either so I am just as excited to see what Austin can do with later picks, rookies etc

What we are doing IMO gives us the chance for success now and into the next 5-10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back