Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all BS. Listening to Trade Radio, apparently all deals have ‘stalled’.

That’s code for…it’s too early guys, let’s hold off until 6PM and we’ll then smash all these deals out in the last 60 mins before the deadline…

There will literally be 10+ deals all lodged in the last hour.
yeah but they don't care... Captive market and people listen even if they hate it. Pattern is people will listen and complain instead of just turning it off. So they get engagement. That's all that matters to the advertisement etc

That’s code for…it’s too early guys, let’s hold off until 6PM and we’ll then smash all these deals out in the last 60 mins before the deadline…

Reminds of that song in The Wedding Singer, It was all just BS... Put a bullet in my head... yada yada yada.

it will be at least till 6.20 when they can break something on channel 9 news during sport with their connection to SEN

This is interesting logic. We drafted Paddy Dow at 3 and traded him for peanuts … using the logic above, we should have demanded at least pick 3 🤷‍♂️
The difference may be though that Kemp is on the rise, whether Dow was seen as stagnating or at least nowhere near living up to his perceived potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see a way that Saints are actually serious about securing Kemp, at least this year, knowing full well, according to SOS' own rules, if you go after a contracted player, you gotta pay up.
Follows the Dodo book of negotiating:
  • If you go after our contracted player, you pay up
  • If we go after your player and you don't take our insulting opening offer, you're arrogant and hard to deal with

Time for a siesta maybe. Wake me up when something happens zzzz
This is T2B at the end of trade period...

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

If anything, Kemp’s value has grown and not come close to being depreciated this year. I think if it were to somehow happen, a pick in the mid 20’s (24-26) is about right for him.
SOS won’t do that though.

People bang on about over-valuing players...were more often guilty of the opposite.

Neal Bullen went for a second without a raised eyebrow.
Everyone knew Bullen was leaving months out. The Dees even said bye to him on their banner. The deal for 28 was sorted well before trade period began.

Kemp is a last minute throw at the dart board for a required and contracted player.

I agree that Kennedy would be over valued at 25. Mid 30s is where he sits.

One is starting 22 the other was not.

Hmm.. well Kemp was omitted through the year. Let’s not forget we had a truck load of injuries as well. Would he have played late in the season with a reasonable injury list? Who knows?

In any case, the logic applied was that simply being in the system for a few years was reason enough to expect an upgrade. That in itself makes no sense.

People bang on about over-valuing players...were more often guilty of the opposite. Matty can play a bit.

Neal Bullen went for a second without a raised eyebrow.

I think people over value draft picks wayyy too much when you look at the odds of later draft choices making it even as far as Kemp has already and will continue to do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Everyone knew Bullen was leaving months out. The Dees even said bye to him on their banner. The deal for 28 was sorted well before trade period began.

Kemp is a last minute throw at the dart board for a required and contracted player.

Really doesn't matter when ANB trade was organised. He's a 28 year old good ordinary footballer.

If the market sets a price, why should we readily accept, or at least expect less for a contracted 27 yo MK?

Kennedy also contracted

Hmm.. well Kemp was omitted through the year. Let’s not forget we had a truck load of injuries as well. Would he have played late in the season with a reasonable injury list? Who knows?

In any case, the logic applied was that simply being in the system for a few years was reason enough to expect an upgrade. That in itself makes no sense.
Nope but 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back