Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm.. well Kemp was omitted through the year. Let’s not forget we had a truck load of injuries as well. Would he have played late in the season with a reasonable injury list? Who knows?

In any case, the logic applied was that simply being in the system for a few years was reason enough to expect an upgrade. That in itself makes no sense.
We aren't exactly flush with players who can play his role. His is young and can play at both ends of the ground. I'd rather keep him personally

I think the Kennedy being contracted idea is undermined by the fact that we told him to look elsewhere.

Can't then say well he is contracted so you're going to have to up the price when you were the ones who told him to look.

That's the leverage clubs try to use when players request a trade/another club tries to target a player you'd not previously considered trading ala Kemp. Even then it doesn't always work.

It’s all BS. Listening to Trade Radio, apparently all deals have ‘stalled’.

That’s code for…it’s too early guys, let’s hold off until 6PM and we’ll then smash all these deals out in the last 60 mins before the deadline…

There will literally be 10+ deals all lodged in the last hour.
And walking through the curtains at Marvel to the pre-arranged contract signing table….

A few people I know that know him say this too.

Something’s off though because it seems clubs don’t want a bar of him.
His workrate on and off the field I assume.

the package essendon GIF by AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Kennedy being contracted idea is undermined by the fact that we told him to look elsewhere.

Can't then say well he is contracted so you're going to have to up the price when you were the ones who told him to look.

That's the leverage clubs try to use when players request a trade/another club tries to target a player you'd not previously considered trading ala Kemp. Even then it doesn't always work.

Nope, the nuance is important.

In his exit meeting, he said he wanted to play more midfield time. We couldn't guarantee that, so gave him permission to explore his options for more midfield time.

That in no way suggests that we wanted him gone or that we did not value him.

Nope, the nuance is important.

In his exit meeting, he said he wanted to play more midfield time. We couldn't guarantee that, so gave him permission to explore his options for more midfield time.

That in no way suggests that we wanted him gone or that we did not value him.

I also believe its a 3 year deal at the Dogs on reasonable coin versus remaining 1 year at Carlton on lower money.

This is interesting logic. We drafted Paddy Dow at 3 and traded him for peanuts … using the logic above, we should have demanded at least pick 3 🤷‍♂️
Paddy Dow was Out of contract awhen we traded him and the Club weren't asking much because he served us well, so we were helping him get midfield time elsewhere.

Quite different to a Best 22 player doesn't want to leave, is Under contract, playing in positions were we lack depth.

So very different logic really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back