Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

If Kennedy & Kemp stay, we’d only be able to take pick 3, 2x Camporeales & Boyd.
Exactly, if the Kennedy deal falls over (which appears to be linked to McRae going to Saints) a desperate Austin may be forced to deal with SOS if he wants the extra list spot. I have a feeling SOS is acutely aware of this and being opportunistic. Personally I would prefer Fantasia is paid out and delisted over losing Kennedy or Kemp for unders

Except at GWS.

I think the problem was less SOS, more direction from coaching, recruiting team as a whole and development due to culture and coaching. SOS only part of the process.
Sos scouting team was diabolically bad and got exposed for not even going to games. His team his setup. Yuck.

Exactly, if the Kennedy deal falls over (which appears to be linked to McRae going to Saints) a desperate Austin may be forced to deal with SOS if he wants the extra list spot. I have a feeling SOS is acutely aware of this and being opportunistic. Personally I would prefer Fantasia is paid out and delisted over losing Kennedy or Kemp for unders

We’re not going to trade Kemp for a useless pick to get a list spot. We can create what we need much more easily by cutting Bot, cutting and rookieing Fantasia, risking no bid on Lucas, paying the extra 80k to go 37/5 etc.

Last edited:
Sos scouting team was diabolically bad and got exposed for not even going to games. His team his setup. Yuck.

Yet his national recruiting manager lives...

He’s only trading one of them for a pick he’s very confident will not be affected by a bid on BCampo, and that would be mid 20’s or below

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Except at GWS.

I think the problem was less SOS, more direction from coaching, recruiting team as a whole and development due to culture and coaching. SOS only part of the process.

Midfield bulls were all the rage when SOS came on board. Then there were guys who weren't fast or big, like SPS and Fisher. No amount of coaching or development could make his midfield picks viable with the direction the game has taken since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a bag of chips, id give stringer a 1 yr deal to replace owies. He's actually not a bad guy in person from my chats with him. Always down at clip n climb Williamstown with his kids.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or with his mate who "looks after him" and Nick Hind who it was recently revealed has done serious time for killing someone?

No way he’d want to downgrade to the Stains unless SOS is going to pay him double and let him choose his position.

No way he would want to go to St Kilda where SOS is the list manager. Brodie should go to a club where the list boss isn’t completely worthless and can turn a bottom 6 club around. St Kilda isn’t it.

Paddy Dow was Out of contract awhen we traded him and the Club weren't asking much because he served us well, so we were helping him get midfield time elsewhere.

Quite different to a Best 22 player doesn't want to leave, is Under contract, playing in positions were we lack depth.

So very different logic really.

Nah, now you’re applying new logic.

But on your point, not sure that a player who was dropped through the season can be labelled an out and out best 22. With a (hypothetically) fully healthy list, it’s most likely he’s currently not in the 22.

Or with his mate who "looks after him" and Nick Hind who it was recently revealed has done serious time for killing someone?

Hind brought him in not stringer. Stringer is also good mates with Saad, so by association saad is also tarnished.

You’d be surprised who current afl players have as friends or friends of friends.

You’d be mortified to learn who some of our club champions of a by gone era, not so long ago, used to hang out with.

Each to their own tho.

Got a mate who let's say is very well connected at Essendon, and the story of why Stringer and Hind being reprimanded is not the actual story. The guy who did jail time is a smoke screen and secondary. And to be honest, what they were really reprimanded for exposes the AFL's weakness to certain pressure. They've been thrown under the bus.

I'll leave it at that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back