Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond are taking Lalor as of yesterday - who do we feel North will select if they go to the draft with 2?
Tigers & Blues have been fans for a while, if we trade up to 3, I suspect we'll pick him if he's there (Draper the contingency IMO).
The Tigers do now have a need for an aggressive big body exiting the front of the stoppage..

Can you please do this for pick 4 because whilst we may get pick 3 we would probably pick at 4
why would you want a pick further down the pecking order??

Finn O’Sullivan would be my choice, an exceptional footballer.

Would love for you to expand on what you see in him, he seems to be quite divisive with some draft-watchers absolutely enamored with him. I see a incredibly agile player with a clean kick and a good overhead mark. Think he is a nice player but I haven't seen top 3 pick in him. Doesn't win the ball enough, and I am not sure if he can truly break games open like I can see with Lalor, Smith or Draper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He means that the Ashcroft bid will slide us back one.
That would make no difference though, we'd still be looking at the 3rd pick of the available talent on offer. Why would we want to give somebody else the opportunity of a pick ahead of us if we have our sights set on a particular player?

If we end up with 3 I’d be wanting Sam Lalor, Murphy Reid, Harvey Langford or Sid Draper, in that order. O’Sullivan is too much like Walsh, which if we didn’t have a Walsh would be more than fine. Smith just vibes like a bust for me. Don’t know what it is, but just not what I want. Lalor is the POD that we need, and I’ve loved Reid for a while now. I think he could end up the best of the lot. Reminds me of a shorter Pendles that hits the scoreboard.
Smith vibes like a bust?????

What the actual ****.

You’d want something super special at 3…
A gun mid blessed with some speed, who is ready to go straight away is the only thing I can think of

This has to be one of the more nonsensical trade periods. An actual player hasn’t been traded for nearly a week now. It’s all been posturing and trade swaps and List Managers with fingers in their ears going la la la la la.

I think Austin has been fine. All the talk about Houston and Pick 3 and FOS has come exclusively from the media (yes, I know it’s been somewhat echoed by ITKs as well). Austin has confirmed nothing. He’s just been steely eyed and got on with the job.

From speaking to a current Power player… Vossy had Houston lined up from a while back. Can’t see how Vossy wouldn’t be spewing at how it has panned out, rightly or wrongly - should a coach be doing the list mangers job?
The coach is part of list management. They are the advisor. They are a massive part of recruitment. They don't pick the individuals, they pick they types and traits. Sometimes they suggest an individual and that is fine.

The coach's job is to know what the team needs to go forward. It's the coaches jobs to advise list management what the team needs and what traits to avoid and to look for.

One of the biggest issues we have had with recruitment for the last 20 years is that list management have not been well advised by coaching.

An example of that is that a lot of the top teams currently are the quicker more agile sides. This is because the coaches of those sides are high quality and got in early days when they got wind of the anti-congestion rules. The really good coaches saw how this would change the game and directed list management to go for quicker agily types. They got in early.

We had Teague more focused on keeping his job and Voss coming in a little slow to adjust to things so we are a little behind teams like Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane etc.

Voss has every right to advise list management on what types he wants, who he wants and what traits he does and does not want. That's on him. It's the list management team's job to settle on who those individuals are.

Voss is very important to our recruitment.

You can 100% guarantee that Buckley and McRae after him, John Longmire, Chris Scott, Chris Fagan etc have all gone to their list management and asked for pace, run down players and good tacklers all over the field.

Coach's direction to list management is very important.

Can you please do this for pick 4 because whilst we may get pick 3 we would probably pick at 4
Here ya go

2023 - Zane Duursma

2022 - George Wardlaw

2021 - Nick Daicos

2020 - Logan McDonald

2019 - Lachie Ash

2018 - Max King

2017 - Luke Davies-Uniacke

2016 - Ben Ainsworth

2015 - Clayton Oliver

2014 - Jarrod Pickett

We can pick talent as well mate, your acting as if recruiter's are bullet proof, Finn is a mistake and of it were to happen, I'd love to get pulled up on it in years to come

Your job isn't riding on it though, so it's really easy to have a stab from the bleachers.

You can't be so definitive about this, or you'd be sitting in their seat.

Just for fun, here’s the past 10 Pick 3’s. It’s an interesting mix.

2023 - Jed Walter

2022 - Harry Sheezel

2021 - Finn Callaghan

2020 - Will Phillips

2019 - Luke Jackson

2018 - Izak Rankine

2017 - Paddy Dow

2016 - Hugh McCluggage

2015 - Callum Mills

2014 - Angus Brayshaw

2009 - Dustin Martin

2001 - Chris Judd