Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's our salary dump player???
I want my salary dump player, and I want him now....unless of course it's Rory Atkins......
Let it go horse friend.
We have apples!
spirit-apples.gif
spirit-stallion-of-the-cimarron-spirit-and-rain.gif

Imagine that. 3 Lalor/Draper, 24 Hannaford 💦💦💦
wolf of wall street omg GIF

Now that the rabbits are about to be pulled out of the hat

I just wanted to say congrats to our boy Matt Owies on more than securing the bag that he put on his head and was mocked a bit for in the media over the past week.

I mean I'm glad Carlton aren't paying what the media will (likely rightly) proclaim he's getting but I suppose the Eagles had to spend that money somewhere

Will genuinely miss him. Good things good people. All the best Matt.

I just wanted to say congrats to our boy Matt Owies on more than securing the bag that he put on his head and was mocked a bit for in the media over the past week.

I mean I'm glad Carlton aren't paying what the media will (likely rightly) proclaim he's getting but I suppose the Eagles had to spend that money somewhere

Well said

I’ll miss him

LOB was a bit of a reach at 10 for sure. I think Cunners was a little. Nothing crazy though.
Cunners was in the range.

People just said he was a reach because he was already friends with Jack Silvagni.

Was between him and Kieran Collins … and we all know how that turned out.

You know what?

Thinking about how much effort Austin and co have gone to get said pick #3, it tells you that they see a player (or players) who will potentially lift this club further than even a Houston move would have.

It’s bold, but I bloody love it.

Gimme Draper or Lalor and I’m so excited.
In the end, our people have basically made the call that our list needs will be better met with pick #3 than Dan Houston. It’s a gutsy call, but I like it.

Boy are the Eagles fans losing it. Again, if this comes back with a pick in the 20s some how, Austin has bossed it.
This.
A top end mid or forward/mid and a young KPD pretty much balances our list. Would be the greatest trade and draft coup since (at least) the SOS pick creation that gave us Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham and Silvagni in 2015.

Still would be better with a smaller forward upgrade and a half back progression as well, but they will likely be easier to obtain in the future.

Agreed. Big fan of Owies. Had to bide his time in the VFL where he just kept kicking goals til they couldn't not pick him. Then just kept kicking goals at AFL level til they couldn't drop him.

No discernible pace, height or extreme skill. Just smart and got the job done. Solid.

i'd put the odds at 1,000,000 to 1 on anyone outside of Lalor, FOS or Draper for us personally.

Agreed. I really like Draper's pace... crossing fingers. Although could you imagine Cripps and Smillie in the same midfield... bash brothers. Would be the AFL equivalent of watching a monster truck show every weekend.

Agreed. Big fan of Owies. Had to bide his time in the VFL where he just kept kicking goals til they couldn't not pick him. Then just kept kicking goals at AFL level til they couldn't drop him.

No discernible pace, height or extreme skill. Just smart and got the job done. Solid.

It's the way that he's always gone about his sport. Have known of him through his coaches and brief interactions since his days at the Dandenong Rangers playing junior basketball

He carried himself professionally at college before coming back to commit to us.

I will always have a ton of respect for Matt and hope he kills it in WA. His American experience holds him in good stead to make it interstate.

I'm confused. Owies doesn't have a contract. Surely he walks to the PSD and goes to Richmond, NM, or west Coast for free ?
Surely Jack Caroll is involved in any negotiations with teams out west

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Austin got another ace up his sleeve? Any chance we are a backup celery dump if the Houston trade falls over?

Pick 3 and 13 :think:

Would anyone want to deal with Port now? Deal was done, players told and other deals were happening because of it. Then they pull it

Now, so many things up in the air. It's a bit of a mess

No idea how it will play out

Would anyone want to deal with Port now? Deal was done, players told and other deals were happening because of it. Then they pull it

Now, so many things up in the air. It's a bit of a mess

No idea how it will play out
Port board knocked it back it ain’t done til it’s done as they say
Collingwood leaked obviously that is was done

If the Pick 3 rumours are true I hope we get something else back for 12 & 14. I'd want 26 included

I don't see that happening. Of course Carlton would want it, but honestly 3 is a pretty massive return for 12&14 as it is. Go on to the WCE board and suggest that Carlton aren't doing well enough out of the deal and see how they take it haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back