Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number of items here

I have read this countless times over the years, regarding players across the league, but the end comes quickly for players once the get beyond 30.

In the modern game, moreso for KPD's and right now, only 2 are over the age of 30, Tarrant and Henderson.

We also have the thinnest spine in the league, so adding someone like Riccardi (forget the player), still doesn't get us to an adequate number of spine players

Lastly, you don't trade or draft when you need one, you start the transition period 2-4 years before players start declining

Jones is also over 30, 31 early next year, I assume you mean, the other two and Jones, regardless, I’m just making a prediction.

The rest of your points, you’re preaching to the converted, I’m a big fan of Riccardi and he will be cheap, I’m big on going hard for Ladhams and I think we should draft another KPD, then there’s is the Akuie kid, who’s missed out on good development, in our academy, but he’s only 193cm if I recal, but with good pace and a great leap.

Anyway back to Jones, to your eye, how does he look, in terms of longevity? Forget about other players, knowing Jones game style, strengths, weaknesses, injury history, how do you think he will progress?

In a very tough year for our club, under huge pressure, he was great, easy 2-3 years left IMO

Jones is also over 30, 31 early next year, I assume you mean, the other two and Jones, regardless, I’m just making a prediction.

The rest of your points, you’re preaching to the converted, I’m a big fan of Riccardi and he will be cheap, I’m big on going hard for Ladhams and I think we should draft another KPD, then there’s is the Akuie kid, who’s missed out on good development, in our academy, but he’s only 193cm if I recal, but with good pace and a great leap.

Anyway back to Jones, to your eye, how does he look, in terms of longevity? Forget about other players, knowing Jones game style, strengths, weaknesses, injury history, how do you think he will progress?

In a very tough year for our club, under huge pressure, he was great, easy 2-3 years left IMO

2-3 years max, unless he retains his speed and agility

2-3 years max, unless he retains his speed and agility

I agree. The injuries starting to mount for him. Played hurt a lot this year apparently. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if he fell off a little next year. However, fingers crossed for the best.

Number of items here

I have read this countless times over the years, regarding players across the league, but the end comes quickly for players once the get beyond 30.

In the modern game, moreso for KPD's and right now, only 2 are over the age of 30, Tarrant and Henderson.

We also have the thinnest spine in the league, so adding someone like Riccardi (forget the player), still doesn't get us to an adequate number of spine players

Lastly, you don't trade or draft when you need one, you start the transition period 2-4 years before players start declining
Should draft a KPD with our first round pick. Let Cerra go into the draft, he could still fall to us.

Find it interesting Luke Sayers’ comments about Buckley complimentary his “terrific, experienced coach ... speak to him a fair bit, terrific coach” and when he spoke about Ross he just said they have chatted for 45 minutes and Ross is looking forward to throwing his hat into the ring ... I feel like Sayers’ preference is Buckley if he was interested

I think that's what he wants you to think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott with some quality assistants would be a good choice IMO.
I know multiple, knowledgeable north Melbourne supporters (i know, hard to believe) and all dont rate scott. Tactically inept and quick to blame the players.

I have challenged them with facts and his record, and they all insist stats dont tell the story.

Naturally i am inclined to believe them, in the same way Teagues numbers dont tell the fully story. So i am hoping its a no for scott.

Lyon, whilst an incredible coach, can play a pretty dull style of football.

Buckley i find hard to grasp as a carlton person

Can we put our order in for the 2022 version of Allir Allir? Traded for stuff all, with not much interest from other clubs and a lack of interest here, then ended up being AA CHB.

What a bargain.

Said it at the time, he would have been the perfect target for us

Should draft a KPD with our first round pick. Let Cerra go into the draft, he could still fall to us.

Trade for needs, draft best available

And if Cerra went to the draft, Norrth would be mad not to take him at pick 1

Last edited:
I know multiple, knowledgeable north Melbourne supporters (i know, hard to believe) and all dont rate scott. Tactically inept and quick to blame the players.

I have challenged them with facts and his record, and they all insist stats dont tell the story.

Naturally i am inclined to believe them, in the same way Teagues numbers dont tell the fully story. So i am hoping its a no for scott.

Lyon, whilst an incredible coach, can play a pretty dull style of football.

Buckley i find hard to grasp as a carlton person
Sooooo who do you want? That’s a no to Scott, Ross and Bucks

No, I have not read the do better report. However my view is that Harry O'Brien played his whole career and never complained. Then after he retired he decided to try and make some easy cash. Some of his allegations were probably true, however he never complained at the time. Which would mean that he was not overly worried about it, one would think.
Eddie McGuire is another story. He shot his mouth off and said the wrong thing a few times. he knew he was treading on thin ice, but I guess he could not really help himself sometimes. The bloke was wonderful for Collingwood and obviously is a very proud and loyal Pies man who served his club very well. Did he deserve what ultimately came his way? Probably most footy followers would say yes. Personally I would say, based on the fact that he was an extraordinarily good president for many year's. He was very harshly done by imo. Yet he holds no anger or resentment that I have seen and he continues to love his club.
You have a short career window and speaking up significantly jeopardises your very livelihood. Esp when the rest of your environment can deny it and hang you out to dry. Would Eddy have backed him up had he spoken out?
Hard to criticise from where we sit.

He's only on 80k.

If someone offers him a squad spot he'll take it I reckon. Happy at the moment to be proven wrong.

He’s not on $80k. As a rookie $80k of his contract is external to the salary cap.

As for squad spot, not sure what you mean. He has a squad spot. From a salary and playing perspective, it makes zero difference to the player whether they’re on the senior or rookie list.

Not sure if mentioned earlier but HUN suggesting Cerra for 6 + swap of 2nd and 3rd round picks is likely outcome.
Melbourne only other club interested at this stage but don't have trade capital.
Looks overs to me
Uncontracted and wanting to return home to Vic
Freo are going to play fair here or he potentially walks for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back