Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narrow minded view that Ross is the only good candidate because he has had senior experience.

Is he the long term solution or is he just the perceived easy option / big name?

Is he the right person to help build our culture?

Do the players want him ? Again there was something posted on another forum that said not? Needs to be a factor if the culture is a mess.

Is his style and game plan adaptable to the modern game ?
That's to many questions for me... If you reread what I wrote I said to interview Ross and if he ticks all the boxes great, let's go ahead. In my view he is the clear candidate.

If he doesn't interview well/tick all the boxes, drop the "experience coach" requirement because in my view that field is to narrow and lack quality if Ross isn't what I perceive him to be. Open it up to all candidates e.g. what Collingwood have done.

To be honest I'd be stoked if they announced Ross soon. Always rated him and found him very insightful this year in the media. Seems like he has mellowed a bit too.

What's Trent Croad up to these days?

Forget Trent Croad, I am wondering if Gerard Neesham is still curious about how tall Andrew McLeod is.

But yeah trading Pick 1 (Luke Hodge), Pick 20 and Pick 36 (Sam Mitchell) for Croad (who would return to Hawthorn 2 years later) and Luke McPharlin was a master stroke by Fremantle.

Gee, its funny here the people that are saying we've never been bold with coach selection.... they either have short term memory or just have no idea...

We've had coaches that never played at the senior level but were chosen as great teachers and football brains with Brittan and Bolton

We've gone the favorite son with Ratten

We've gone the savior with Pagan and Malthouse (but I will continue to say that Pagan with no salary cap issues is a different man, imagine him with Goddard and Wells...)

We've gone the fan favorite and untried coach with Teague.

Time to now just go get the best man out there that has a track record of turning boys into men, cause that's what what we need, if Clarkson is seriously off the table then Ross Lyon is the man.

If that's the process then as a 20 year Social Club/Captains Club member than I would be ok with that!

My guess at what the board is thinking, the job is Ross' to lose. Interview all other possible contenders and make sure none impress before giving it to him.

What's the rush? He's gone all in on this gig. Gold Coast are on the sidelines and unlikely to happen this year.
Think Healy might be right. Focusing so blatantly on Clarko and Lyon has cost us quality alternatives. Nobody is going through the process if they believe the decision is made. I don't blame the board trying to lure Clarkson, but Lyon's nothing special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon there is an ITK ready to post some exciting Carlton news but is debating whether they should.

So with that…

Greg Williams - petrol station manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back