Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like going to the draft, you might stuff up the picks, but the process was the right one.

Learn from our mistakes.
The process for Bolton and the process for DT were polar opposites. Bolton clearly talked a good game but couldn't deliver & there was no process at all for DT.

So which mistake do you learn from? Obviously, no process is stupid but picking the person with the best PowerPoint is also flawed.

I can understand why they want to get someone who has proven already that they can coach.

If the process is real, then it would be nice if experienced didn't limit us to former head coaches of AFL teams.

Just feel like we're tying our hands, or narrow focusing into Lyon/Clarkson

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, the club has confirmed we reached out to Voss, Pyke and Buckley. Adding Lyon and Clarkson is 5 so far. We probably called Leppa as well but he's set on the Pies at this stage.

Well, the club has confirmed we reached out to Voss, Pyke and Buckley. Adding Lyon and Clarkson is 5 so far. We probably called Leppa as well but he's set on the Pies at this stage.
At some point you run out of "experienced" coaches, and it is not clear that we will actually have much choice if we hold that line except Ross.

Personally I think he is a bad fit

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm all for just cutting the crap now and let's sit down with Ross. If he interviews well to Sayer's, Williams and whoever else give him the job, no need seek anyone else out. If he doesn't then cast the net far and wide and drop the experienced bullshit as Ross is the only good candidate out there with senior coaching experience.

Need to bring some sort of stability to the club. He can start having discussions with players that may feel fractured from the Teague fallout and get a coaching panel sorted before all the good ones get signed up.

Then the club can sort out the rest of the 20 odd recommendations.

IMO this talk of Cook coming on board doesn't necessarily mean Liddle is gone. I could seen Cook in an advisory type role, he is 65 now doubt he is gonna want to start fresh at a new club in the CEO role. Just my thinking though.

Bit scary that we reached out to Voss given that the Club clearly ranked him below Teague in his ability to coach...

Well Sayers has come out and publicly said the the club is looking for a successful, experienced at AFL level coach, so it it doesn't seem like it will be a promising rookie coach again, although I have big wraps for Adem Yze.

Unfortunately the club has seemingly backed itself into a corner where they will have to hire Lyon or Clarkson, least that is my interpretation of events, more than happy if proven wrong.

Time will tell I guess.
And it will take Sayers 30 to 45days to make the appointment in a 2 horse race, yetb1 of the horses has been scratched.

FWIW our well placed sources tell us Clarko is not completely scratched just yet...

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Like going to the draft, you might stuff up the picks, but the process was the right one.

Learn from our mistakes.
Yeah dunno.
Probably more chance of stuffing up with a rookie as they will need to make mistakes across the board and learn on the job, as opposed to some possible gameplan errors that can be adjusted on the fly. A rookie coach could have those issues and more - it just happened to us twice!

We just waited 5 years for our coaches to learn and it seems they learnt nothing, and every individual had their own opinion which made things messy. Not doing that again. We would be better off installing a seasoned coach to set the standards and drive the group for 3 years and assess things after that.

I never forget how The Footy Show (with the help of SOS) did a great prank on Brad. They sent a highly pregnant lady to training who asked to speak Brad and told him he was the father. His confusion and worry was real.

The look on his face was priceless. Brad played a season at my local club, and he reckons he's never been as terrified 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made experienced decisions with Pagan and Malthouse …
Yes that's right and Malthouse was a bad decision, hard to say with Pagan.
The point though was we apparently haven't been bold in our decisions, which is not true.
We have been bold. Just made bad choices.

We could not keep Teague. Simple as that. We have to choose a new coach.
Whether they want to be bold or not, I think the club will be looking for some much needed stability and measured improvement. How much doesn't matter yet - just that it happens and steadily increases.

Sam Walsh - Match day Ice cream van attendant

Got in before I could post the same thing. If Cook comes on board, then we can not afford to be scared, to hire the best candidate, rather than the best of a very small bunch.

Cook has hired two coaches in 23 years, both untried.

Being linked with Cook, Clarkson/Lyon, Hartley is good and all, but a little concerning, would love the next Clarkson and Cook type people.

The problem with this is - we need the old Cooks/Clarkos to find the new ones.. and teach them. Thats how you build a sustained culture.

I'm all for just cutting the crap now and let's sit down with Ross. If he interviews well to Sayer's, Williams and whoever else give him the job, no need seek anyone else out. If he doesn't then cast the net far and wide and drop the experienced bullshit as Ross is the only good candidate out there with senior coaching experience.

Need to bring some sort of stability to the club. He can start having discussions with players that may feel fractured from the Teague fallout and get a coaching panel sorted before all the good ones get signed up.

Then the club can sort out the rest of the 20 odd recommendations.

IMO this talk of Cook coming on board doesn't necessarily mean Liddle is gone. I could seen Cook in an advisory type role, he is 65 now doubt he is gonna want to start fresh at a new club in the CEO role. Just my thinking though.

Narrow minded view that Ross is the only good candidate because he has had senior experience.

Is he the long term solution or is he just the perceived easy option / big name?

Is he the right person to help build our culture?

Do the players want him ? Again there was something posted on another forum that said not? Needs to be a factor if the culture is a mess.

Is his style and game plan adaptable to the modern game ?

Narrow minded view that Ross is the only good candidate because he has had senior experience.

Is he the long term solution or is he just the perceived easy option / big name?

Is he the right person to help build our culture?

Do the players want him ? Again there was something posted on another forum that said not? Needs to be a factor if the culture is a mess.

Is his style and game plan adaptable to the modern game ?
But you ask these questions of every candidate. Unfortunately for us not in the interviews - we would have no idea, except for what we have seen in the past. We saw Ross do exactly what we want for the next 5 years, then struggle as the list is turned over and replenishes over the next 5 years.

Seems a normal cycle. Not better than anyone else. But personally I wouldn't focus on that yet - we need to seriously focus on the next 3-4 years if we honestly believe we have most of the players for a flag tilt. And 3 AA spine players, a former AA gun mid, and a stack of talented role players across all lines suggests to me we are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back