Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you asses him on his proven coaching record and ability to extract the proverbial digit out of second and third string players, Ross Lyon is perfect for our list, now if you have complaints about his off field issues as coach of Freo, that's fair enough and valid too, but I personally think Lyon is more likely to ingraine short and long term success at our club than say Al Clarkson

Just as an outside observation of the two men, I honestly think Rosco is much more aware of the flaws of our playing list and culture, whereas i I am not convinced Clarkson is aware of the same issues within the group

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted with Clarkson, but ultimately I feel Ross is better suited and more astute as to where our club and playing culture is at.

I respectively disagree with these points.
Our club is currently a shambles. Lyon would not be a unifying force. He has shown an ability to take a some what matured team to the upper bracket of the competition on multiple occasion, but has never built a club culture that will continue after he leaves. Unfortunately for Carlton, we need someone who wants to build a club! Not a team. This has been our problem for the last 25 years.

Although it feels like all roads lead to Lyon at this point, I haven’t given up hope of the club taking a more holistic view.

I just want our club to get their #$%^ in order and get prepared for the trade period. Then hit the ground running for 2022. Just listened to the McRae press conference. Got me wanting more from our club. Frustrating.

Our club is currently a shambles. Lyon would not be a unifying force. He has shown an ability to take a some what matured team to the upper bracket of the competition on multiple occasion, but has never built a club culture that will continue after he leaves. Unfortunately for Carlton, we need someone who wants to build a club! Not a team. This has been our problem for the last 25 years.

Although it feels like all roads lead to Lyon at this point, I haven’t given up hope of the club taking a more holistic view.

Well Sayers has come out and publicly said the the club is looking for a successful, experienced at AFL level coach, so it it doesn't seem like it will be a promising rookie coach again, although I have big wraps for Adem Yze.

Unfortunately the club has seemingly backed itself into a corner where they will have to hire Lyon or Clarkson, least that is my interpretation of events, more than happy if proven wrong.

Time will tell I guess.

Whether SOS would be a good Head of Football or not, it is not true that he is equally as inexperienced as Lloyd. He has way more experience, across roles/departments and clubs than Lloyd.

I just want the best/most qualified person for the job, and if that is SOS terrific, but I don't really want the club to appoint him because he is a favourite son whose controversial departure is still a sore point for many supporters.

We cannot let emotions cloud our judgment when it comes to hiring key personal in the football department.

Well Sayers has come out and publicly said the the club is looking for a successful, experienced at AFL level coach, so it it doesn't seem like it will be a promising rookie coach again, although I have big wraps for Adem Yze.

Unfortunately the club has seemingly backed itself into a corner where they will have to hire Lyon or Clarkson, least that is my interpretation of events, more than happy if proven wrong.

Time will tell I guess.
Have they? The media certainly has made it seem like those are the only 2 options but I don't think the club has said or done anything to that effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our problem is that we expect a coach to rebuild the club.

Robert Harvey has officially left Collingwood
I know Banger personally. The fact he was given the nod to head coach the Mugpies is testament, amongst many other great traits. I’d follow him into the trenches. The bloke is a ripper and a very good football brain. Only issue is he’s seen as being quiet, but trust me, he’s got some bite.

If Brian Cook, Diesel Williams, SOS and Ross Lyon come into this club. Our culture changes immediately.
Cook is the single individual who would turn it around, so for those worried about Ross not being the person to build the culture - that starts with Cook.

I am quietly confident that if the rumours re Brian Cook are true, then we are 100% out of the woods.

If Brian Cook, Diesel Williams, SOS and Ross Lyon come into this club. Our culture changes immediately.
Cook is the single individual who would turn it around, so for those worried about Ross not being the person to build the culture - that starts with Cook.

I am quietly confident that if the rumours re Brian Cook are true, then we are 100% out of the woods.

I don't know that Cook is an instant solution.

But it would be a bloody big step in the right direction.

I know Banger personally. The fact he was given the nod to head coach the Mugpies is testament, amongst many other great traits. I’d follow him into the trenches. The bloke is a ripper and a very good football brain. Only issue is he’s seen as being quiet, but trust me, he’s got some bite.

Reminds me of Mark Harvey; his personality was never suited to being a head coach based on a perception of introversion. I think Robert would likely have a better shot at being a successful head coach when the time is right though.

I think it was Jezza referred to in the post...he was being interviewed on SEN talking about Buzz, who is doing it tough. Jezza sounded incredibly frail, but he must be getting on in years now.

I speak to Jezza a few times a year. He's far from frail, must've just been having a bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back