Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read yesterday that Tyler Keitel from the WAFL was training with the Eagles, at 26 years old and kicking 70 goals in 20 games last year, why the lack of interest as key position depth?

We don’t have any forwards capable of that type of performance in the VFL to call upon, if we have any injuries.

For those that have seen the player, why the lack of interest?

I read yesterday that Tyler Keitel from the WAFL was training with the Eagles, at 26 years old and kicking 70 goals in 20 games last year, why the lack of interest as key position depth?

We don’t have any forwards capable of that type of performance in the VFL to call upon, if we have any injuries.

For those that have seen the player, why the lack of interest?
Moves like the titanic.

17 other clubs haven't looked at him and the Eagles are only doing so because of the Darling situation that has unfolded.

With a two week quarantine in Perth from anyone coming from interstate (now down to 7 days as of yesterday) the Eagles probably didn't have time to get others from interstate to head over to trial.

Moves like the titanic.

17 other clubs haven't looked at him and the Eagles are only doing so because of the Darling situation that has unfolded.

With a two week quarantine in Perth from anyone coming from interstate (now down to 7 days as of yesterday) the Eagles probably didn't have time to get others from interstate to head over to trial.

We he moves though .. even icebergs get out of his way .. and CAN kick.

Would be VFL at best though, very limited player .. unless you rate can mark and can kick .. other than that .. very limited.

Moves like the titanic.

Take your opportunity wherever/however it presents. WCE prefer 3 talls so could be just what they require. Mature-age, strong & ready to go.
A Troy Wilson like story, though TW had some more mobility.
Hurts West Perth greatly if he is selected.

Take your opportunity wherever/however it presents. WCE prefer 3 talls so could be just what they require. Mature-age, strong & ready to go.
A Troy Wilson like story, though TW had some more mobility.
Hurts West Perth greatly if he is selected.

Subi will be fine though lol ;)

Would be handy as depth on our list, but agendas never change around this place
Would have however with his age and a young option available we didn't keep him. Jones was also still on our list wasn't he and there were also questions about whether Casboult would get vaccinated at the time. We may have made the right call but we don't know yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have however with his age and a young option available we didn't keep him. Jones was also still on our list wasn't he and there were also questions about whether Casboult would get vaccinated at the time. We may have made the right call but we don't know yet.

Keeping or losing Levi won't change the medium to longterm outcome, but I felt we were still 2 genuine KPP's short of the right balance.

Adding Young addressed that slightly, but losing Jones and Levi, now results in having, still, the thinnest spine

Hope it doesn't come back to bite us

Hows Marchy tracking? Saw a vid of weiters talking about him on FF. Would love to see him finally get on the park.
Saw him today on Royal pde with Durdin and one or two others. Couldn't tell as I was driving past. Not sure who's sizing his t-shirts, but I reckon it's the same person who was doing Eddie's shorts. Huge.

Keeping or losing Levi won't change the medium to longterm outcome, but I felt we were still 2 genuine KPP's short of the right balance.

Adding Young addressed that slightly, but losing Jones and Levi, now results in having, still, the thinnest spine

Jones stuffed us this season.
Jones and Weitering as the two KPD with O’Mac and Young as their two backups would’ve been fine in the backline imo.

The forward line is hard to know because we aren’t really sure what the plan is with TDK. If he is going to spend a lot of time forward then although thin it isn’t a complete disaster. If we want him rucking as many minutes as possible then we have bugger all backup forward other then O’mac who is now probably a full time defender. Also with McGovern playing back it would be even harder to manufacture an effective forward line if we do get injuries.

Think we will need to bring in three next season with at the very least one ready to go. That is ignoring that Charlie scares me and there is absolutely no guarantee that Young or McDonald are up to it. Very interesting times ahead.

If the list sizes weren't cut back, those spots would likely be taken up by key position players.

I think we aren't too bad for key position players, young, McDonald and Akuei. Marchbank likely to be able to hold CHB most of the time. I think there is a spot for one more but the list sizes are a problem for filling all reserve spots.

If the list sizes weren't cut back, those spots would likely be taken up by key position players.

I think we aren't too bad for key position players, young, McDonald and Akuei. Marchbank likely to be able to hold CHB most of the time. I think there is a spot for one more but the list sizes are a problem for filling all reserve spots.

If Akuei grows, maybe, but I sense he is more a 3rd tall, same with Gov, Plow, Parks and Marchbank, none will ever play as KPP defenders

Next off season, I would hope that some of our 3rd talls are replaced with genuine KPP types

Hope young comes on because with the kings and other tall FFs we may be exposed.

Brisbane will be running a three tall set up and they won't be the only ones.

Have to hope this coaching team figure out some team defence as a key part of our 1on1 defence is gone and have to agree marchbank isn't the right player to fill Jones' boots

If Akuei grows, maybe, but I sense he is more a 3rd tall, same with Gov, Plow, Parks and Marchbank, none will ever play as KPP defenders

Next off season, I would hope that some of our 3rd talls are replaced with genuine KPP types
I swear to God, Arrow could be shooting for the million dollars, Eddie would look at him and say "Now, for 1 million dollars - in 1991 Kentucky Fried Chicken changed its name to what 3 letters?"

Arrow wouldn't hesitate - "KPP".

I am giddy with excitement for this year!
You're not the only one...

thunder-rookie-josh-giddey_mt9swvyfvo881i3x2uvnz3ezq.jpeg

I swear to God, Arrow could be shooting for the million dollars, Eddie would look at him and say "Now, for 1 million dollars - in 1991 Kentucky Fried Chicken changed its name to what 3 letters?"

Arrow wouldn't hesitate - "KPP".

Has anyone seen TheSheik and Arr0w in the same room?

:)

I am not too concerned about not having many tall key backs on a big proviso that Weitering stays on the park for most of the season.

For the past few years at least (and this season) Port have gone in with:

Jonas 188cm
McKenzie 191cm
Clurey 193cm
Aliir Aliir 194cm
Burton 191cm

And it has worked well for them.

We are going in with the following:

Weitering = 196cm
O-Mac = 196cm
Young = 201cm

And if out of necessity, these guys can play tall like Ports first choice defenders:

Kemp = 193cm
Marchbank* = 193cm
Williamson = 190cm
Plowman = 193cm
Parks = 192cm
McGovern = 191cm
JSOS = 194cm

I think for us, we have enough coverage back there to survive, it will be dependent on how much pressure our midfield puts on the opposition because it's been non-existent in the past.

I am not too concerned about not having many tall key backs on a big proviso that Weitering stays on the park for most of the season.

For the past few years at least (and this season) Port have gone in with:

Jonas 188cm
McKenzie 191cm
Clurey 193cm
Aliir Aliir 194cm
Burton 191cm

And it has worked well for them.

We are going in with the following:

Weitering = 196cm
O-Mac = 196cm
Young = 201cm

And if out of necessity, these guys can play tall like Ports first choice defenders:

Kemp = 193cm
Marchbank* = 193cm
Williamson = 190cm
Plowman = 193cm
Parks = 192cm
McGovern = 191cm
JSOS = 194cm

I think for us, we have enough coverage back there to survive, it will be dependent on how much pressure our midfield puts on the opposition because it's been non-existent in the past.
This has always been the issue. It will be the main indicator to look at to see whether we’ve turned the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back