Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
unpopular opinion incoming - i would entertain trading harry or TDK for a heavy price
Pittos only 26 until TDK takes clear #1 ruck spot we have too much money tied up across harry charlie and TDK to be carrying pittonet as well imo. Would love TDK and pitto to rotate with each other fwd/ruck but then you have a forward line with TDK harry and charlie plus small forwards and martin/SOS doesnt quite seem balanced to me. Or you look to trade pittonet if TDK comes along well this year to justify the price tag hes probably going to give us

I would entertain trading TDK for sure.

I feel with our midfield development we only have room for 2 of Pitto, TDK, and JSOS. I’m very interested to see where TDK does most of his preseason. If it’s forward/ruck then JSOS is probably on the way out, if it’s 95% ruck then he and pitto are directly fighting for 1 ruck position.

I think there is room for only one of them in the 22. Thats Pitt.

Youngy has a lot of positive traits about his game that have been a highlight for our defensive unit. His spoil game is immense alone, if this was Liam Jones, this forum would be raving about it. His field kicking is fine, just needs to adapt to make decisions quicker to roll the ball on in a chain out of D50 and take a bit more risk with the kick instead of a chip sometimes.

His intercept marking is very good but needs to read the play a bit better to know when it’s his time to go, case in point is Melbourne Rd 22 on the boundary. The guy can become quite a very solid contributor in 2023 with some good work in pre season and we reaped the reward by actually getting games in the position he is made for, a KPD spot. Doggies are actually mad for getting rid in the first place with the lack of KPD they have.

I think he exceeded expectations for us and the club I’m sure, he now has the chance to make a statement, with some new found confidence and game time. People always complaining about not developing our own, pretty much what we are doing with him despite the dogs stint. I’m impressed with him so far tbh

Last year half of the Carlton posters were dunking on Pitto, I posted similar statistics and people shut me down telling me that I don't understand the ruck position.

I really rate him. Yes, he isn't Gawn, Jackson, Grundy or English around the ground but he is a hulking human whose effective hitouts are EXTREMELY effective.
I used to say the same thing about Levi. I thought his taps to advantage were pretty good even though he wasn't real mobile.

And so have hundreds of players over the years who weren't so lucky as to walk into a club as well run as Geelong are.

Stengle is very much an outlier here. There are lessons to be learned there, but the lesson isn't that everyone with off field issues should be considered.

North don't have pick 19, they traded it to Richmond last year.
Yeah, just realised that today. That future second they have to off load then damnit. Same thing.

I used to say the same thing about Levi. I thought his taps to advantage were pretty good even though he wasn't real mobile.
oooft i must have been watching a different game - i found casboult an absolute liability in the ruck and would have put a 90% chance of the oppo winning a clearance when he was in there - good for a chop out at best imo

If we are trading TDK, the offer would need to be massive overs, can't see him being traded

Next year, I think TDK cements himself as the number 1 ruck/forward

I dont think we'd trade him, or that we would entertain it. I would though. But Im just a guy on the internet from Brisbane. What I'd do is irrelevant to the club.

Im not sure TDK is ready to be our number one ruck yet, and Im not sure of his fit next to Charlie and Harry. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton Live Twitter account.

I don't think they have much weight as an ITK.

My 2c, lives in Geelong and has for a very, very long time, has a family with another kid on the way I believe, I don't see him moving for work unless Cook REALLY sells him on the joint.

Think he gets a job at the Cats or doesn't work in football for the near future.

(Noah Anderson would look mint in Navy Blue)

Already had a great day but thanks for this.

He'll re-sign with the Suns though surely unless he heads to St Kilda (I don't see it happening).

Carlton Live Twitter account.

Got a few messages from randoms after I posted this in the TENACIOUS Carlton Club Manager thread yesterday asking me if it were legit.

I know I've posted my ITK stuff many times before but have always tried to separate my intel from my regular posting to keep things clear.

If this is where they've gotten it from I'll shut it down right now. There's no inside info on that. I'll always openly state if my intel is from elsewhere and have shared to mods/regs here where my intel comes from.

My posting in that thead is nothing but my opinion and speculation. It is not from any other source. I promise you'll always know if it is.

If it actually has legs then it's nothing I've been told.

If we're in the window and we're crying out for a key back and his brother has proved so effective down back then TDK as a key beckman is the opportunity.

If we need an alternative Ruck, why aren't we in the window for Grundy?

So sweet to take some Wobble money to supplement our list.

I don’t disagree with you. Signs point to that. If JSOS is moved out of our team in favour of TDK or some other athlete I’d be worried about our teams level of footy IQ.
For his physical limitations, JSOS rarely loses contests and is often doing “smart” or “inspirational” footy things. There has to be room in our team for footy brains. Sam Mitchell was a limited athlete but had an amazing footy brain… Greg Williams too…
Footy IQ aside, Williams and Mitchell averaged twice the disposals of JSOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back