Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies have been hampered by poor salary structuring, bloated contracts, very similar to our , Gov , Martin and Williams the worst example.
This type of negligence ,mismanagement greatly reduces a team’s flexibility come end year when List improvement and moving on dead wood is so critical.
Just look at the team list movements for 2022 finalists.
So for Pies Grundy although a premium A grad Ruckman must be sacrificed.
if Demons secure a fit & healthy Grundy just watch the difference
to Gawns performances, if he can rest during a game whom can stop him.
You do realise that they currently have Jackson who you previously listed as an example of an aerobically superior athlete?

You saying that Gawn couldn't rest when they had Jackson but will now be able to with Grundy?

Well one thing is for certain, after watching Duckwood fumble through his community services award speech at the Brownlow and his captain's speech at the GF, nobody is offering him a media gig :tearsofjoy:

I wouldn't be so sure..AFL media isn't exactly full of people who could confidently deliver a TED Talk

Trade radio confirming Bowes salary 1.7m over 2 years. That is massive. Didnt realise it was that big. Esp for a kid that played VFL this year. FMD what a cluster * of the highest order by GCS. 1.7m for pick 7 and Bowes is not feasible.

100% agree. Would not go anywhere near Bowes.

Last year half of the Carlton posters were dunking on Pitto, I posted similar statistics and people shut me down telling me that I don't understand the ruck position.

I really rate him. Yes, he isn't Gawn, Jackson, Grundy or English around the ground but he is a hulking human whose effective hitouts are EXTREMELY effective.
Also underrated is pittos mongrel. Won't take a backward step.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He lives in Geelong, supported Geelong, played for Geelong, I understand the lure of seeing different systems but location would play its part - not that Geelong is super far from Melbourne but its not the same as playing for Richmond and coaching Hawks after - Sam Mitchell with a tiny stint at the eagles is doing alright back at the Hawks
Sam still left for a year. Do you see Selwood going straight in to telling Danger how to set up in the midfield? I don't see it and think it would be a bad move.

You would hope we're well positioned due to Cook at any rate.

I'd suggest assistant coaching would be a great pathway to a football GM role

Cant see Selwood being out of the game altogether next year.

Carlton seems a club poised for a premiership foray. Prospective assistant coaches should be viewing us as a destination to get that on their resume.

Anybody involved in our 17th would be considered a hero by one of the biggest club supporter bases in Australia. It's a big opportunity

Straight to Cooky’s CEO understudy.

Surely the measure of ability is not making one player better, but the team better.

I think he makes us better, but we did
lose the last 3 he played.
To be fair, there was a number of reasons for that. Pitto didn't seem fully fit. Weiters wasn't back to his best. We were missing a few mids.
We played 4 talls down back when we'd been playing 3 most of the year (despite the many different combos due to injuries).

I don’t disagree with you. Signs point to that. If JSOS is moved out of our team in favour of TDK or some other athlete I’d be worried about our teams level of footy IQ.
For his physical limitations, JSOS rarely loses contests and is often doing “smart” or “inspirational” footy things. There has to be room in our team for footy brains. Sam Mitchell was a limited athlete but had an amazing footy brain… Greg Williams too…
There's always room for JSOS. He's our best utility.
If there's no room for him starting forward, then he's 1st off the bench IMO. Just move him around the ground as players come off for a rest.

There's always room for JSOS. He's our best utility.
If there's no room for him starting forward, then he's 1st off the bench IMO. Just move him around the ground as players come off for a rest.
I sincerely hope so. That wasn’t the plan though when Pitto came back this year.
It’s easy to overlook what he brings looking at pure stats. His smarts and will to compete are things that aren’t easily measured but are invaluable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There certainly was talk of a protege being sought. Unless it is Brad Lloyd, there is still a vacancy. I have no idea of Jellwood’s academic CV.

No chance he'd be ready to take the reins from Cook after a 1-2 year apprenticeship. Hoping the connection is enough for us to get him in the door as an assistant for 2-3 years though, before he pivots into something else back at Geelong (or elsewhere) on his way up the ladder.

With need in mind would TDK be better used as a key defender. I just don’t see Lewis young as a premiership key defender.
Hang on... Are we talking about the 23 year old 201cm Lewis Young that just played 19 games in his first season at our club, after only playing 24 games for the dogs when not used exclusively as a defender.
Was in top 10 for intercept per game and led the league in one percenters... including the game against the Dee's where he had 25 one % (equal AFL record) and on top of the 12 intercept possessions, that's 37 contests he either halved or won outright..
All this despite our defensive stocks being heavily depleted for the entire season?
I reckon we give him another year or 4 before writing him off.

Crippa played Round 4 (got injured early). He didn’t play Round 5.

Thanks for this. Was a bit lazy here. Just compared the Brownlow votes to Pitto's games so it'sactually even slightly stronger than even what I had.

For all this talk in the media about there being a record number of players changing clubs this trade period, aside from the few rate gems like Taranro, Hopper and Dunkley whose destinations is already decided, the market is decidedly thin when it comes to quality on the market that at least could help us.

Very happy with Acres, but really not keen on the other names being floated around on the market, Jack Bowes and pick 7 would be great, but it doesn't seem like we are throwing our heart in that ring.

Happy to keep Dow, bring Acres in, and just hope from natural and continuing (organic) from within and via the draft

Absolutely salivating about how good Jesse Motlop will be with another pre season under his belt.

Williams and McGovern's big contracts at the end of next season I believe, so that is probably the time for us to start luring top shelf talent to our club again (Noah Anderson would look mint in Navy Blue)

Hang on... Are we talking about the 23 year old 201cm Lewis Young that just played 19 games in his first season at our club, after only playing 24 games for the dogs when not used exclusively as a defender.
Was in top 10 for intercept per game and led the league in one percenters... including the game against the Dee's where he had 25 one % (equal AFL record) and on top of the 12 intercept possessions, that's 37 contests he either halved or won outright..
All this despite our defensive stocks being heavily depleted for the entire season?

Well said.

He hit the wall a little bit at the end of the year but we couldn't have asked for more from him this year. He consistently gave me Michael Sexton - unheralded always gets the job done extremely well - vibes.

He's safe as houses in our best 22 moving forward.

There certainly was talk of a protege being sought. Unless it is Brad Lloyd, there is still a vacancy. I have no idea of Jellwood’s academic CV.

If there’s going to be a protege brought in to take over from Cook I would imagine it would be Ameet Bains who used to bleed blue before he worked at the Saints and now at the Dogs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not pulling the pin on him I think he is a great role player but not sure he saves a game of footy. I hope I’m wrong.

For all this talk in the media about there being a record number of players changing clubs this trade period, aside from the few rate gems like Taranro, Hopper and Dunkley whose destinations is already decided, the market is decidedly thin when it comes to quality on the market that at least could help us.

Very happy with Acres, but really not keen on the other names being floated around on the market, Jack Bowes and pick 7 would be great, but it doesn't seem like we are throwing our heart in that ring.

Happy to keep Dow, bring Acres in, and just hope from natural and continuing (organic) from within and via the draft

Absolutely salivating about how good Jesse Motlop will be with another pre season under his belt.

Williams and McGovern's big contracts at the end of next season I believe, so that is probably the time for us to start luring top shelf talent to our club again (Noah Anderson would look mint in Navy Blue)
brownlow smoky next year i reckon.

Any thoughts on Ratugolea?
Being spoken of as potentially involved in the Bruhn deal to GWS.

Forward who has been used in VFL defence and also ruck.
Better fit than Soldo as depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back