Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Will take either Walsh or McKay to get the job done

Harry is only 2 years younger than Petracca. Walsh is 5 years younger. I'd keep Walsh.

This is messed up. I have been an elite level athlete and my 21 year old son is an elite level athlete, albeit in different sports. But this is pure madness. If my son’s coach was doing this to him I would be suggesting going elsewhere. The old saying in elite sport is better to be 95% than 105%. Because that means you’re cooked. I have known many coaches like this in the elite system across a range of sports. And they wonder why so many athletes end up with mental health issues. Really disappointing to hear this.
BT did this with his highly touted son and guess where he ended up.. Lorne Dolphins

Petracca coming to Carlton. I'm leaving now.

Dont Care Not Listening GIF by LiL Renzo

Harry is an AA CHF who is contracted to 2030.

Petracca is an absolute gun, but he just doesn’t fit for us.
Silvagni could play 2nd tall and Luko 3rd if he’s gettable

Or two rucks with TDK 2nd tall and ruck relief for Pitto

Petracca is exactly what we need, speed, class and goalkicking mids

But Harry is the bloke I personally like the most as a person, so would be hard to see the back of

I don’t know, if Carlton could make it happen provided we don’t lose Walsh, Cripps or Charlie I would be for it

Shush. Don't take this off me. Let me dream for a bit until it gets squashed. It gave me life.

Don't think I've ever seen you this down... hope everything is ok.

We have the team to go all the way, they've proven when they're focused and willing to work hard for each other, they can beat anybody. Just been hit hard with injuries and some bad decisions from the coaches which I have no doubt they'll learn from.

Teams take time to build to a flag... look at Melbourne - prelim in 2018, second last the very next year, then 9th, then flag.

look at the Cats - every year they're too old, due to sink... 22 they win 16 in a row and the flag. This year they're top 4 bound again...

even the Pies - 2018 lost the gf by a kick from the boundary... Grundy left, Treloar out... off field turmoil... last year they win the flag...

I think I'd want us to make finals this year if anything, for the experience of it again. West Coast beat us in 2021 with their WAFL team, time we paid them back... win it and we're still alive.

I’m calling it now. We have 0.1% chance of getting Petracca both logistically trade wise and salary wise.

The 0.1% would be if Melbourne just pull up stumps and fold the club after losing all their players in on massive walk out.
What about if we send him some of Orazios home made sauce?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I've ever seen you this down... hope everything is ok.

We have the team to go all the way, they've proven when they're focused and willing to work hard for each other, they can beat anybody. Just been hit hard with injuries and some bad decisions from the coaches which I have no doubt they'll learn from.

Teams take time to build to a flag... look at Melbourne - prelim in 2018, second last the very next year, then 9th, then flag.

look at the Cats - every year they're too old, due to sink... 22 they win 16 in a row and the flag. This year they're top 4 bound again...

even the Pies - 2018 lost the gf by a kick from the boundary... Grundy left, Treloar out... off field turmoil... last year they win the flag...

I think I'd want us to make finals this year if anything, for the experience of it again. West Coast beat us in 2021 with their WAFL team, time we paid them back... win it and we're still alive.

We don't have the team to go all the way. The game plan is far too taxing to keep everybody fit and firing. I suspect it's getting to the players. It looks great when we are up and fresh, but over a season, it's just not sustainable. We do have gaps in the side and we are not taking advantage of our assets.

We don't have the team to go all the way. The game plan is far too taxing to keep everybody fit and firing. I suspect it's getting to the players. It looks great when we are up and fresh, but over a season, it's just not sustainable. We do have gaps in the side and we are not taking advantage of our assets.

All those sides I mentioned... at their low point, the fans would've thought the same thing.

We won't this year, but a good off season, some lessons learned, better luck with injuries, we can win the flag. No doubt in my mind.

What would he cost? 2 First rounders? and would severley restrict our SC

29 years old. Big call. You would want ONE flag minimum from it

Wouldn’t be 2 firsts, we’d have to give one of our guns because otherwise we just couldn’t afford his dollaroos in the cap.
Harry and pick currency whatever it is for Trac and Fritsch, not comfortable giving Harry when we don’t have a third tall to fall back on.

Absolutely zero chance of happening

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think he’s great but will cost a shitload
Our reliance on our top 5 is sickening, we need the B grade tier sorted out before giving up everything for another one of the best in the comp.
Looking for the best stars is the worst option for us at the moment unless we also gave one away (which would be dumb )

Sometimes the simplest explanaton is the most accurate

Over the year, we've had our fair share of injuries (short, medium and long term, soft tissue and contact)
This minimises availability of players to step up, particularly if they're not up to AFL level as yet
As a result, players who are playing sore have to keep playing and cannot be "managed"
This either reduces their output or worse increases their chance of getting injured
And so it becomes a cycle we can't get out of.

Martin Marchbank and Cuningham (and Williams but a bit less) have effectively given us -3.5 on our list all year
Add Doc and Jack and we have effectively played with 5-6 unavailable players for pretty much the entire year

At some point, we were going to snap
Then add in developing players and youngsters who aren't ready, that's a whole chunk that are basically unavailable

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back