Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Re petracca

I’d be happy giving up anyone except Cripps Weitering harry and Charlie and probably tdk.

That is a super strong midfield

Our f50 is pretty good and would be even better when we win more clearances.

Still need a KPD though….get that and sit back watch the flags roll in over next few years

You’d think the only way to get the Demons to start to entertain the idea of trading Petracca would be to put Charlie on the table.

I don’t see how that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think McKay, a first, and a future pick could get it done if he requests to come to us specifically

You’d think the only way to get the Demons to start to entertain the idea of trading Petracca would be to put Charlie on the table.

I don’t see how that happens.

Going right on a limb here but a side with Petracca and no Charlie is better than the other way around. My opinion anyway

Tell Williams to pack his bags. There's 900k freed up

That said, reckon there'd be about a 1/100000000 chance of Trac being in Navy Blue next season
Nearly the same odds of anyone wanting Williams also….

Couldn’t imagine a scenario where we can offload Williams and still not contribute to his wage elsewhere!

We are in the 'window'. Go hard for next 3 years of play conservative. My vote is to go hard.
We went hard this year. We realised we have next to no B grade players as we are paying 6 players around a million a season. We aren’t winning a premiership until we become a champion team, not a team of champions

We went hard this year. We realised we have next to no B grade players as we are paying 6 players around a million a season. We aren’t winning a premiership until we become a champion team, not a team of champion
Yes. Agree. But I'd spread the big coin to include Petracca if he was on the table and lose another if his name wasn't Cripps or Wietering. Don't get me wrong. I love all our lads. Just really rate Petracca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We went hard this year. We realised we have next to no B grade players as we are paying 6 players around a million a season. We aren’t winning a premiership until we become a champion team, not a team of champions
This is fair but we know that Cripps took a pay cut, it is rumoured Walsh took unders too and that Charlie took unders after he wasn’t able to produce during his injured years

That leaves:
McKay
Cerra
Williams

And maybe Weitering

On $800k plus or thereabouts, right?

It’s because there’s a league wide boycott of using the shepherd to get your teammate into space. Taking the tackle then giving off takes out an oppo player, but it also takes out an option in the offensive chain.
It’s not just us, it’s all teams…it’s mind boggling, and surely has to be coached into them to do this

Probably a bit off topic, but this is my belief that the rule interpretation change has screwed us. We like the contest, draw in additional defenders and get the ball out. Now, as soon as there’s an arm around Cripps et al, the whistle goes. It’s screwed our game style.

This is fair but we know that Cripps took a pay cut, it is rumoured Walsh took unders too and that Charlie took unders after he wasn’t able to produce during his injured years

That leaves:
McKay
Cerra
Williams

And maybe Weitering

On $800k plus or thereabouts, right?
Doubtful Cripps is under $850k and all our stars will go up in price next year.

Mckay
TDK
Cripps
Walsh
Williams
Charlie
Weitering

All 7 would be very close to a million in 2025 if not some above. Adding Petracca without removing some very very well payed players would only create a much bigger gap between our top tier and the rest of our playing group. Talk of a pay cut sounds great but unless a few of them are on 600k to 750k then they are still massive money earners. Now if they all were on 700k at the most, then I’d be very happy and understand the term ‘pay cut’ and we could certainly chase some out and out stars. But let’s be honest, none of the 7 I mentioned are on that low amount even though 700k a year is a shit ton of money each year.

Also have Cerra, Saad and Doc who I’m sure all would be on very decent money.

Probably a bit off topic, but this is my belief that the rule interpretation change has screwed us. We like the contest, draw in additional defenders and get the ball out. Now, as soon as there’s an arm around Cripps et al, the whistle goes. It’s screwed our game style.
Then we need to bring in players that can run like the wind with great awareness and flair. I for one think we need to really invest into the top 25 of this draft. 3 to 4 kids who are exciting and real goers could transform our slow pace and ball movement in 24 months if not sooner.

Gotta do something before we fall in a heap and the game again passes us by.

We already went down this road with Judd and it didn't lead to flags.

The current playing list has enough star power to match it with anyone. We need more foot soldiers around them to gel the team into a cohesive unit.

Trac also doesn't really fit with our timeline either. We need to continue peaking while Cody Walker develops rather than falling off a cliff as soon as he's drafted.

Petraca would be 31 in Walkers first season, why would we be falling off a cliff? I’d be surprised if Carlton were giving much thought to Walker coming in the 2026 draft when considering potential trades this year.

2026 is a fair way a way, a lot can change between now and then, to be making assumptions on Walker and changing a recruiting strategy around him.

Peteracca would cost similar to Jeremy Cameron, 3 first rounders.

I wasn't comparing the two playing lists, merely that we've already done the messiah thing and it didn't work. It screwed our list build by robbing us of JK's prime and hindered the development of Murphy/Gibbs.

Btw, the leaders you speak of currently have us in 9th place.

I think if you go back and have a look at our drafting in the lead up to Judd and after he arrived, you will find miss after miss, after miss and if you believe what you hear, an absolute mess off the field.

We weren’t a good club then, I’ve no idea if we are a good club off field now, but just because something doesnt work once, doesnt mean you dont try again.

Look how many first round picks our club has totally butchered the past 15 years, but every year people get excited for the draft and go again.

I dont understand the logic of some. There is a large amount of posters who are all in on hitting the draft and bringing in kids, dismissing the idea of trading our 1st pick for a best 18 player, but when the idea of Petracca come up, are all in on bringing in one player that would cost 3x1st rounders.

It doesnt make any sense.

If you’re comfortable trading 3x1st rounders for 1 player, why aren’t you comfortable trading 3x1st rounders and bringing in 3 quality players?

I’d back 3 quality players making more of a contribution to the squad than one and I’m a big Petracca fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back