Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s way too many passengers in this team at the moment.

Weiters needs some confidence.
Dow isn’t up to it yet.
O Shea and Mullet are beyond average.
Byrne doesn’t do enough.
Jones is no good as a defender.
Garlett is flashy but really has no substance.
Casboult was on a hiding to nothing today.

Even more importantly, our ball skills are horrific. I don’t understand what we did all summer if we can’t hit stationary targets by hand or foot. Then there was dropped marks, fumbles galore etc etc.

I totally understand we’re rebuilding but we don’t look that much better than what we did when Bolton first took over. I’m not expecting we’ll win every game but that game was just rubbish.

Can someone please stat a case for bolton for me because im starting to question him as a coach! Why did we go into a game without a ruckman? Why with this so called defensive game plan are we still so easy to score against? why does he repeatedly play players that show nothing? Why does he get out coached on game day more times than not

-Worst game I’ve seen Plow play and the siren sounds and he’s laughing with the Suns player.
-Dow needs to spend some time in the twos, no one is entitled to games so he shouldn’t be exempt from that rule.
- why we went in with no ruckman is something I can’t understand.
- Polson is not AFL standard
- Murphy is not AFL captain standard, I’ve said it in the other thread but he lacks presence, there is very little vocal behaviour, you see it from others and you rarely see him barking instructions. I’m sick of it.
- our forward line is still disorgabised snd our kicks inside 50 need a huge amount of work. Are we going to just rely on Charlie even when he’s got two on him?!? Pathetic decision making.
- Weiters is not right and something needs to be done.
- we looked so slow today. Slow and weak and nervous.
- we lack midfield strength and A graders for sure. We aren’t playing finals til we get that.
- still no support for Cripps
- our kicking accuracy was shit, both set shots and in play.
- I’ve not seen us fumble and panic so much for a while

Positives:
-Garlett showed glimpses of brilliance, he will be a great pick up
- Fisher was great
- Cripps battles solo again
- SPS was good but still in second gear. Looking forward to him with a few more games under his belt.
- Daisy was good but I still don’t like him

We battled today but didn’t even seem to care, so many stupid bit of play. I knew this game wasn’t going to be easy but I did think that we would show up and put on a game.

Over 30 players turned over in 3 off seasons.

Multiple top 10 and first round draft picks not to mention the complex deals that sold off as many quality players to bring in "elite youth".

An entire new coaching staff, recruting team and pretty much new everyone.

And for what? That performance straight out of 2015? Continued poor disposal, continued wastage of....I'm not even going to continue.

This is now all on Bolton and the entire coaching and development staff.

As much as we can crap all over players who might appear crap, the following is evident nearing the zenith of this 66 game thingy happening:

- they’ve failed to add muscle through the middle

- they’ve failed to develop a competent second tall to ruck and then go somewhere else when not rucking

- they claim no games are given. Games are being given to consistent repeated players who should be given a break from AFL pressure or simply not play

- complete inability to develop a pressure game and in the forward half is on the coaching group

- picking up retread players and bringing them in without warrant is poor selection

- having same old same old for 3 years now.

There’s some coach killers in the team including the captain two weeks in a row.

There’s some duds but now this is on the coaching group. Not looking good!

Games like this really suck.

It will feel like we've gone backwards, but realistically, we haven't.

Kreuzer, Kennedy and Docherty out is HUGE for us especially given we've lost Gibbs now.

Simmo and Murphy played like crap, they didn't step up as leaders today.

Daisy wasn't bad, probably the best of the older brigade along with Ed.

O'Shea, Polson, Lamb and Mullet are not up to it at AFL level.

Weitering MUST be dropped. Cite it as concussion risk or whatever, but he simply cannot justify selection. The bad news about him imo is he's too soft.

Honeymoon's over for Jones. Kept making the same mistake of giving his direct opponent too much space over and over and it just kept costing us goals.

I wonder if ASOS will be available next week. Pies don't have a Tom Lynch to worry us but if Alex is available, I want him in over Jones.

We will most definitely need to pick up the best available mids at this year's draft. At this rate, Rankine is going to be there for us. Hopefully some decent ones are around for our 2nd round picks.

At a very minimum the ins next week:
Krooz,Kennedy,McKay,Silvagni,
Outs:O’Shea,Lamb,Polson,casboult
cannot continue to carry Levi who gives us nothing if he can’t mark the ball.Like Robert Murphy said(who picked Gold Coast in his eight) you can have one game a year that is a disaster....we’ve had ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a lot to get excited about today.

Our foot skills were very poor today, especially kicking inside 50 and perhaps more of a by product of trying to add attacking layers

Fisher - Was a standout for me, beautiful vision, nice mix of contested ball andhad 8 tackles
Charlie - Just needs better delivery
SPS - All the signs of his class is there and hopefully cotinues to build
Ed - Tried hard
Cripps - Needs more support

Despite preferring a good tall over a small, we need midfielders, lots of them

Looked flat
Efficiency down
Nothing worked...could have been worse
Casboult set the negative mood..................i cringe these days
With Kreuz it would have been close

Samo-22
Fisher-22
Mullett-22
Garlett-22
Cunners-possible
Polson- not yet
I think Lang also will be 22

Last edited:
The good. Charlie. SPS. Fisher. Cripps. They can take home a pay check.

Just outside that group Cunners and Ed.

The execrable: Jones. Murphy (ignore his possession count). Weitering (what have we done to this kid?!). Polson (not his fault shouldn’t have been playing). Mullet (ignore the possessions).

Should never play for Carlton again: O’Shea. Lamb, whomever picked that team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The effort was there. But it was the SKILL that was a complete joke.

So many unforced errors. We put ourselves under pressure. Dropped easy marks and couldn't set up properly.

Hopefully his game should tell the coaches something. You lose a ruckman, YOU REPLACE THEM WITH ANOTHER RUCKMAN!!! Bringing in Polson was baffling (not that he didn't deliver alright on the odd occasion).

Marchbank had an absolute shocker. Every time he was on the receiving end, he'd either drop a sitter or handball to someone under pressure.
Mullett couldn't hit a target. O'Shea too was hard to watch. Byrne looks off the pace.

Fisher, SPS, C. Curnow and Cuningham had their moments and shown they deserve to keep their spot.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back