Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who has ever read my posts will know that, win lose or draw, I’m always looking for the positives. I don’t like supporters who are fickle and reactive, but, and it pains me to say this, that was nothing short of disgraceful...

First of all, you don’t lose Kreuzer and replace him with Polson. It threw out the structure completely. Not Polson’s fault, but that was just dumb.

I’ll start with the captain. Murphy cannot play an inside role any more. He’s just physically inferior and unable to impact the contest. Wing, high half forward, outside run and distribution. But cannot play inside any more.

Weitering. Far too worried about getting hurt. I love that boy, but he needs to toughen up real quick and learn that footy needs to be “ugly” sometimes.

Cripps. I know it’s a hangable offence to criticise Patty, but one game on and one game off won’t cut it I’m afraid. Did not stand up to the pressure today. Did nothing to change the momentum of the game. Sorry, not good enough.

Only positives today, Charlie and Thomas. Maybe Marchbank in spurts.

The rest were putrid. Again, I’m sorry to use such harsh language. But the constant fumbling, the inability to hit a two metre handball, the dropped marks, the incredibly poor decision making, the turn overs by foot under no pressure, the lack of effort and work rate, and the DUMB footy was sickening...

I watched St.Kilda play the worst game of footy I’ve ever seen yesterday. We matched them today.

Very very disappointing.

Agree with 99% of that coach!

Only thing re Cripps, as you said, the selection of Polson instead of another tall was dumb, but it really hurt Cripps too. How's he supposed to have an impact when around the ground we had no real ruckman to help him out?

Zac Fisher is an out and out GUN. For someone yet to reach puberty, he is one of the very few to consistently put his head over the ball and play with heart. Not only that, whenever a teammate cops an unfair hit, it's 4 foot 6 inch, 38kg Zac bloody Fisher first in remonstrating with someone 5 x his size.

The Curnow boys good, Cripps good, Daisy okay. Everyone else just about was average to outright embarrassing.

Weiters, Jones, Mullet, Byrne, O'Shea, Polson are all not AFL standard at this moment. Still so many passengers.

Murphy is declining rapidly.

Right, rant over. I'm of to rage-drink till the voices in my head stop telling me to "burn it all down" and until I can't feel feelings.
Wish Murphs had been traded, not Gibbsy. Levi has to go (no value up forward or in ruck). Mullet was OK today (watch this space situ) Fisher a big tick. Weiters down but not out. Bolts needs to find Jones' best position and leave him there. Daisy continues to put his heart into playing. While we need to get our ruck brigade back just as importantly we need to get consistency in our on ball pressure and tackling.

If Kreuzer, Phillips and Lobbe do not play next week, I would like to see McKay in.

Jones, Weitering, etc. again out of position with the midfield constantly coughing up the ball. Our delivery to the forward line was horrendous.

Positives ... Fisher, Murphy, Ed Curnow... then Cripps and Charlie in patches, Cuningham’s run and I50 in the last quarter, Polson got his hand on the footy a bit early, Casboult a solid rucking effort against a number 1 ruck .. .Garlett’s leap.

Jones, Weitering, Mullett, Lamb poor, many others average ...

This daylight and shade interaction of Etihad can take some blame after watching the first half of saints v north yesterday. Wait till Friday night and we are at the G. We ****ing need a win. Kruezer, Kennedy, McKay in for Casboult, lamb and Polson.

Our general standard of play was deplorable, just not our day. However let's not forget the Suns are a very talented team and will be one of the surprise climbers this year along with the Lions.
New Coach and direction has made a difference.
Also last weeks game against the Tigers was very hard on the players for a first game , last quarter was very flat.
Look forward to new inclusions next week and giving the Pies hiding. Go Blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all injured... all of them... every one... we don't have a fit ruck...
Philips and McKay both played in the vfl didnt they? i understand Philips is under done but we still should of played McKay and why wouldn't you play Kerridge over polson at least kerridge would hav got his hands on it and got in and had a go he actually was good late last yr

wasn't bad but i wouldn't go that far. tried but im not sure he gives us much

I still think he shows a lot of grit and determination

We would have been worse off today with another youngster in the side

I really feel we lost that in the first quarter .. The lack of intent was telling.

We lost some working class heroes in Kennedy and Kreuzer.

Philips and McKay both played in the vfl didnt they? i understand Philips is under done but we still should of played McKay and why wouldn't you play Kerridge over polson at least kerridge would hav got his hands on it and got in and had a go he actually was good late last yr
Casboult was the best option for the ruck in this game under the circumstances we found ourselves in... I didn't realise Phillips played, but if he did, it was his first game back from a long, long injury layoff... there is no way you bring McKay into the ruck, so my positions stands.

I dont even want to play finals....but can they just TEASE us with the POSSIBILITY of playing finals until ohh maybe rn10?

No, every year, the season is lost before it begins. We are woeful.
We will not be genuine finals material until we become consistent in applying pressure and minimising our skill errors (not to mention win games). We are some way off that experience.

Is it too early to ask the AFL for a special draft pick? Half the team today were VFL quality hacks.

That though doesn't excuse the lack of skill by just about every player and the terrible decision to not select a true ruck and the inexcusable persistence with Jones playing loose on Lynch. Bolton needs to take responsibility for these things.

Aside from that the list is bereft of leadership. Countless fumbles and errors in the first half by our leaders. You can't win football games when your so-called leaders fumble and butcher the ball.

This was a complete and utter disaster of a game for this once proud and great football club.

Can't wait to see BB in the presser. Wonder if he will trot out corporate mumbo jumbo BS or actually call it as it is and apologise to fans, members and stakeholders and take responsibility as the head of the football part of the business that is the CFC.

Just an unprofessional display in every respect from the players to the leaders to the game plan to the selection table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back