Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing game.

Positives. Small step fwd by Cuningham. C Curnow tried hard all day. Fisher good. Cripps good given hard tag,

Bolts does say form decides on who plays. I really think Murphy should be dropped as he cant hit a target, or tackle. He is getting major minutes in our midfield so gets high possession count by default as a link up player. But he is dishing up mediocrity.

Dow needs a break as finding it hard to impact.

Jones might just have mugged us off for a new contract. Macreadie deserves his spot now.

O'Shea...no more please. But trouble is, Mullett and Byrne struggling as well. We need to find another small defender, and fast.

Crossing my fingers for Kennedy, Lang and Kreuzer.

What is it with this club?
How many ****ing years can you rebuild with no results and expect to keep your members/supporters interested?
After last week I thought we had turned a corner but nup we seem to have gone backwards.
There's a stink at our club and it's time to find out what it is.
The Leadership group needs to take the blame for the loss today from the coaching staff with their mesmerising inclusion for Kreuzer to the on field leadership it was just a flat team effort today.
****ing Shithouse!

Irritating.

I had a feeling this would happen. You see, I couldn't get a measure on how the Suns were going based off last week; when you play in monsoonal conditions, the side who wants it more usually wins, and they did, but you don't see gameplans, zones or midfield running. All you see is effort. Today, the Suns looked like a football team, where every other time I've seen them they looked like a talented bunch of kids. Call it new coach bounce, call it whatever you like, but they showed up looking to play today. They got away early, and we couldn't reel them back in. Each time we'd get a roll on, they'd get a free, or a stray chaos ball, or we'd turn the ball over in the middle and Lynch'd kick another bloody goal. We're his happy hunting ground.

As for the 'burn everything, sakc Bolts' brigade that, for whatever reason, show up immediately after a loss, you saw who was turning the ball over, yeah? It's the Mulletts, the Lambs; Simpson, Murphy, Jones, Casboult; the older blokes who should be better but aren't, courtesy of a pair of recruiters that couldn't pick an puddle from a river. We know that when our best play well, we're a chance to win; what chance do we have when they serve that up?

Weitering looks like he's playing injured for mine. He's not moving like he used to; even when he was going badly, he'd read the ball well and nudge his opponent under the ball or just out of the way at the last minute. Poulson looked like he was thinking at VFL speed, and the only way around that is to play him until he's caught up. I was actually encouraged by Dow's performance; he looked more involved, was around it far more, and he's on the edge of really putting it together soon. Cuningham looked okay.

Charlie and Fish are there already; both need to put together whole games, but. SPS made some errors, but is well on the way to the player we know he can be.

Sometimes, the ball fails to bounce your way. Sometimes, everything you do turns to shit. Today, we had a mixture of both, and we lost by 6 goals. There's worse that can and will happen. See the silver lining wherever you can, otherwise this will be a long year.

Think Bolts just got it wrong today, he will learn, similar to the port game last year. Cas is a pinch hitter at absolute best. What i cant understand is how he constantly was beaten for front position in throw ins, literally every time. How can a man that big not atleast half throw ins. Polson clearly not ready, too many fumbles, missed handballs, broken tackles.
SOS, Kruz & Kennedy in for Polson, Weitering & Bryne
Ok, so what should he have done... we had no fit rucks... none.

Can someone please stat a case for bolton for me because im starting to question him as a coach! Why did we go into a game without a ruckman? Why with this so called defensive game plan are we still so easy to score against? why does he repeatedly play players that show nothing? Why does he get out coached on game day more times than not
Clarko is an inspirational and strategic coach. Bolts is an aspirational coach.

Right or wrong my feelings

I'm a Bolton fan but I thought selection and positioning was poor today as was his reaction to way game was going
Lack of effort is unacceptable.
I'm tired of average players representing Carlton especially recycled players. Mullett Thomas O'Shea Lamb are handy players but they will NEVER help a side win more games
Play the kids. Losing with kids is beareable. Losing with average senior players isn't
Stop stuffing Weitering around. He is a defender. Leave him alone. No wonder his confidence is shot
We seem to win enough ball but mistakes mistakes mistakes
SPS Fisher Charlie Cuningham all showed they are improving and need to keep playing.
Worried Jones 2017 wasn't a fluke
Someone help Cripps.

Zac Fisher is an out and out GUN. For someone yet to reach puberty, he is one of the very few to consistently put his head over the ball and play with heart. Not only that, whenever a teammate cops an unfair hit, it's 4 foot 6 inch, 38kg Zac bloody Fisher first in remonstrating with someone 5 x his size.

The Curnow boys good, Cripps good, Daisy okay. Everyone else just about was average to outright embarrassing.

Weiters, Jones, Mullet, Byrne, O'Shea, Polson are all not AFL standard at this moment. Still so many passengers.

Murphy is declining rapidly.

Right, rant over. I'm of to rage-drink till the voices in my head stop telling me to "burn it all down" and until I can't feel feelings.

Can someone please stat a case for bolton for me because im starting to question him as a coach! Why did we go into a game without a ruckman? Why with this so called defensive game plan are we still so easy to score against? why does he repeatedly play players that show nothing? Why does he get out coached on game day more times than not

Inside fifty count???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all injured... all of them... every one... we don't have a fit ruck...

Heaps of blame to go around, starting with Bolton and the selection committee.

McKay should have come in to provide a forward target, weitering should have stayed back to help the defence as a loose man,
Casboult needs to be gone, I keep saying this year after year but he is useless, his only strength is his marking and today I watched him first a ball away when he had front position in a marking contest lol

Murphy needs to be stripped of the captaincy and given to Cripps, as having a leader on field that is weak as piss does not help the group as a whole.

**** this shit, year in year out it’s always the same.

It’s gutting I know! The biggest problem for mine was the continual hand balling to behind the runner. Continual handballing to the ground.
Putrid game by us today. Not much effective roving. Very unsure hands.
We have a way to go IMHO until we can understand that you don’t have time in modern footy to stand and think.
Also can we tap to advantage? Maybe it’s skill or maybe lack of running options?
Lots wrong today but next week we will beat the filth. Mark my words

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TO talk positive stuff we beat Gold Coast for inside 50s. Jones in the ruck in the last was Good coaching. I said to my wife at half time I’d love to see Marchbank forward jones rucking and Casboult to FF. But it took a quarter to try. Cuningham off half back really works. The play in the 4th that lead to Murphy’s goal was awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back