Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you're right, that we need patience. I just wish he could stick a tackle (shoulders?).
I hope we manage the Weitering situation (third year key tall) a helluva lot better than we’ve handled Silvagni. The press will come for Jacob over the next couple of days, mark my words, and we need to go into bat for him.

We can’t play Simpson, Mullett and O’Shea in the same team. We can only select one of them

Philips and McKay both played in the vfl didnt they? i understand Philips is under done but we still should of played McKay and why wouldn't you play Kerridge over polson at least kerridge would hav got his hands on it and got in and had a go he actually was good late last yr
With Kennedy out strange not to play Kerridge . Polson atm just gets pushed off the ball too easily .
Kerridge may as well quit if he cant get a game given the injuries we have atm .

Weitering back n forth back n forth is killing his development. Should never have played him forward last year.

Polson for Kruezer was horrible. Thats on Bolton and co

Cripps 20 contested possesions from 24, and 10 clearances. Cant do it alone needs help.

Fisher was excellent

Forward set up and defence set up was all over the place

Time to play McKay. We need another target to help Charlie. Why didnt we play him in goal sqaure all game. Having Wright and Lamb as your targets we are going no where.

Kicking out of defence was a disgrace. Need Williamson. Replace Jones with ASOS

What was Dow's TOG ? Doesnt look like he is getting alot of mins

Frustrating performance.

Games like this really suck.

It will feel like we've gone backwards, but realistically, we haven't.

Kreuzer, Kennedy and Docherty out is HUGE for us especially given we've lost Gibbs now.

Simmo and Murphy played like crap, they didn't step up as leaders today.

Daisy wasn't bad, probably the best of the older brigade along with Ed.

O'Shea, Polson, Lamb and Mullet are not up to it at AFL level.

Weitering MUST be dropped. Cite it as concussion risk or whatever, but he simply cannot justify selection. The bad news about him imo is he's too soft.

Honeymoon's over for Jones. Kept making the same mistake of giving his direct opponent too much space over and over and it just kept costing us goals.

I wonder if ASOS will be available next week. Pies don't have a Tom Lynch to worry us but if Alex is available, I want him in over Jones.

We will most definitely need to pick up the best available mids at this year's draft. At this rate, Rankine is going to be there for us. Hopefully some decent ones are around for our 2nd round picks.

While everyone was raving last season about him, I cautioned whether the uptick in form from his move to defence could hold up on a permanent basis. He was most ordinary last week and today was simply horrible. Its just mind blowing watching him make the same mistake over and over and over today. Its not looking good so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First things first, i am totally happy we have Bolts, but i want to throw it out there, my first choice was Dew, at the time i thought he was the best candidate, of course my opinion at the time, but geez he has those boys playing a very very attractive brand of footy atm

First things first, i am totally happy we have Bolts, but i want to throw it out there, my first choice was Dew, at the time i thought he was the best candidate, of course my opinion at the time, but geez he has those boys playing a very very attractive brand of footy atm
Is Bolts an inspirational coach or just an aspirational coach?

Did you see our forward line today??

Our backs, our mids and Lynch to kick to, where do I sign??

WE NEED another STAR, if we go to the draft for a tall it will be 5 years before we see any reward...

Time to bite the bullet and PAY the MONEY...
Agee pick the best mid Rankin with first pick most likely 1 and offer Lynch huge contract

O'Shea and Mullet. Great ins there congrats selection committee and recruiters.

Was so disappointing to see. No forward structure because our Gorilla was in the ruck. McKay or TDK would have been the logical structural choice but oh no let's bring in a tiny Polson, no offence buddy, just wrong selection.

I like Cuningham, Fish is gonna be a star, even Daisy was decent.

Mullett doesn't look when he kicks.

Can I just ask how many tall backmen Bolts wants to play? Weiters, Jones, Mullet, O Shea, Marchbank, Mr Plow. We are too heavy down back apart from Simmo.

Now I'm questioning Bolts. Which sucks.

19-58 hit outs
67-93 tackles

suns tackled more when they had more of the ball.

No idea who the outs are but as starters - Oshea, polsen, weitering and dow

Not a surprise without a recognised ruck. Interesting that we won the centre clearances off those numbers though.

Played shockingly bad today. But also a bit to like..

Firstly for some perspective, we had 10 players who have played under 30 games today GC had 4. So whilst it may not have seemed like it, they were a much more experienced side. We had 9 players aged under 22 they had 3.

We still haven't quite got the balance right, we still haven't got players in top form, but gee there were some signs.

Cripps, SPS, Charlie, Fisher, Dow in patches, Garlett in patches.

We are still learning what our best mix is and it feels like we played a really settled side today.

What is it with this club?
How many ******* years can you rebuild with no results and expect to keep your members/supporters interested?
After last week I thought we had turned a corner but nup we seem to have gone backwards.
There's a stink at our club and it's time to find out what it is.
The Leadership group needs to take the blame for the loss today from the coaching staff with their mesmerising inclusion for Kreuzer to the on field leadership it was just a flat team effort today.
******* Shithouse!
The stink is the captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back