Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Curnow was hands down our best on the field, and that shouldn't really be the case. That says something about the rest of the team. They need to LIFT!!!
Nicely said. Ed is a great contributor (and much needed) in the team but others should be shining.

If at the end of this magical and rigid timeline imposed b it the club of "66 game rebuild" and we are still a 4 win or less 18th placed club then sorry but we have gone nowhere. No excuses no reasons its just flat out disgraceful.

Matty & Charlie delivered again.

Today, on a smaller ground than last week, JSOS would have helped our forward set up - he positions well and creates space for others. He's also clean and does the 1%'ers like taps and blocks for others. Kicked 3 in the 2s "and played a number of roles" (I guess that means he had time in defence/middle as well as fwd). At the G players lacking speed can get found out - especially against Richmond.

Concerned about Weiters, Liam & O'Shea - seems to be a spot there for Macreadie if he can earn it.

By the end of the game, didn't mind Cuningham

Not sure re Polson, Garlett & Mullet - although Mullet finding the ball and Garlett seems to be building.

Fish coming on nicely - slightly quicker progress than SPS.

I've had half an hour on the train to calm down, let's see how this goes.

Positives
Fish and SPS are sublime, great skills and speed and heart. Senior players could learn a thing or two.
Charlie kept trying, didn't get the delivery he needed.
Ed was good, always gives 100%.
Despite quite a few fumbles(just a few of 1000 by the team) Cunners showed a few good signs.
Daisy was great.

Negatives
Liam f'n Jones- he doesn't know how to defend, was a one year wonder. Enjoy the VFL AND IF I SEE HIM KICK WHILE LEANING BACKWARDS AGAIN I WILL PUNCH A WALL.
O'Shea is a good VFL player, was completely lost out there.
Murphy you are a weak poor excuse for a captain and are done as a midfielder. Not since Cale Morton have I seen a player more scared of contact.
Weitering is young but the signs are very very worrying. No heart.

Changes for next week:
Out- Jones, Murphy, O'Shea, Mullett, Dow, Polson
In: Kreuzer, Williamson, TDK, McKay, Kennedy, Silvagni

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plowman having a nice laugh after the game.

Shouldn't surprise though, we already know you guys don't GAF.
Thats bloody disappointing. I hope the coaches have a stern talking to him about that.

If Kreuzer, Phillips and Lobbe do not play next week, I would like to see McKay in.

Jones, Weitering, etc. again out of position with the midfield constantly coughing up the ball. Our delivery to the forward line was horrendous.

Positives ... Fisher, Murphy, Ed Curnow... then Cripps and Charlie in patches, Cuningham’s run and I50 in the last quarter, Polson got his hand on the footy a bit early, Casboult a solid rucking effort against a number 1 ruck .. .Garlett’s leap.

Jones, Weitering, Mullett, Lamb poor, many others average ...
Phillips played reserves ok today, must say the 2’s didnt fair much better with disposal efficiency. Lobbe didnt play at all. Rowe played ok.

Heaps of blame to go around, starting with Bolton and the selection committee.

McKay should have come in to provide a forward target, weitering should have stayed back to help the defence as a loose man,
Casboult needs to be gone, I keep saying this year after year but he is useless, his only strength is his marking and today I watched him fist a ball away when he had front position in a marking contest lol

Murphy needs to be stripped of the captaincy and given to Cripps, as having a leader on field that is weak as piss does not help the group as a whole.

**** this shit, year in year out it’s always the same.

Oh and not once, but twice! Once deep in defence and once on the wing. Took like 1 mark going in to the last quarter...

Seeing as how well the Pies have started already against GWS I wager that'll be three losses on the trot right there

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back