News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

well he'd (bock) want to play a lot better than he's played in the last month otherwise the suns are being ripped off blind...

600k per annum ... the suns have had their pants pulled down

hope they left him up there on the weekend
won't be needed at the crows anymore
good bye glassy...

nc's strange man love is starting to wear thin ...time is up...
head into the light coach
the early season bold prediction hasnt happened...so
fall on your sword you must...

I was reading through a book of Shakespeare's plays for an assignment today when I came across the following verse, I think it was a monologue by Capulet in Romeo & Juliet:

Nathan Bock,
You absolute c o c k,
But! no worries,
Phil Davis,
will save us,
And after that Talia,
will stick it right up ya.
$450K more a year in cap space?
F*$& me dead, someone get me Ryan Griffen on the phone, quick!

I personally think the last two lines interrupt the flow a little bit, but still I was impressed, I had no idea 1) Shakespeare was such a good poet, 2) he supported the Crows, or 3) Romeo & Juliet was about footy.

I reckon when fit Bock is our most important player. Sucks to lose him. I think Bock will be in much better form next year. I'd rather get rid of Rutten but keep Bock. The Crows could really struggle again next year.

But will Davis develop into a valuable replacment for Bock?, let's wait and see.

Only time will tell, but IMO, Davis is far better now than Bock was at the same stage of his career.

Only time will tell, but IMO, Davis is far better now than Bock was at the same stage of his career.
Its not really a big call on your behalf. In this second season at the club Bock was still struggling to hold a place for WWT league side. He showed flashes both as a defender and a forward but was wildly inconsistent.

OTOH, Davis was a regular in the NAFC league side last year and has played some really good footy at the AFL level, earning a rising star nomination along the way. No doubt that at the same age, Davis is a better player. Time will tell if he ends up as good as Bock at his best. I happen to think that he will but then again, I am known to be a bit biased from time to time.

Rugby League is a different entity as player trading mid-season has always happened. Also the Storm have to lose Inglis because of their salary cap issues. They just couldn't afford to keep him. It was just a matter of which Club would take him rather than if he'd go/stay.

Incorrect. The Storm claim that he was going to fit under their new cap and badly wanted to keep him.

What in the blue hell could we offer for them

rumours of knights + first pick for griffen. now that knights is injured again i see this as less likely and only if griffen tells WB he is leaving. there is nothing to make me believe this is the case so I will not hold my breath. that being said Bock did say a week or two ago that he was not going to the gold coast... so you know whatever.

I hope like hell we get the best midfielder we can afford for next season...but not one that only has 1 or 2 seasons left.

CrowMo may get his Bock for Griffen wish after all.

Under normal circumstances I would wish the player good luck. But Bock has caused the club a fair degree of trouble and the club stuck by him 100%. I also hope we don't all wish him well and all the best for the future. Another thing about our culture we need to change is don't make it so easy for players to leave the club. I have heard a whisper Captain Scotty Stevens is already gearing up to flatten him next year.

What in the blue hell could we offer for them

Knights and a decent pick. We still rely on too many guys who are susceptible to the go home factor for my liking. My hope is they all stay forever, but there is no denying its a big lure.

Knighta has been rumoured for going home for family reasons, i'd rather a pre-emptive strike when we are cashed up on our terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 26 for a best and fairest, AA key position player in his prime. You okay with that? It makes ports 2 1st round draft packs for Burgoyne the trade of the century.

well no not entirely i'm not.

I will however wait to see what Geelong get for Ablett.

you can't compare this to the Port situation either two different cirumstances.

A few minutes ago on SEN Andrew Demetriou was asked what sort of compensation would AFC get for Nathan Bock, his answer was I'm not sure they'll get anything, he then said all clubs knew they had to sign up their players before GC could offer contracts to players.

A few minutes ago on SEN Andrew Demetriou was asked what sort of compensation would AFC get for Nathan Bock, his answer was I'm not sure they'll get anything, he then said all clubs knew they had to sign up their players before GC could offer contracts to players.

I suppose we can't complain when our own CEO helped draft these rules.

Ummm, why is that?

What indeed. Whats all the banging on about a compensation formula in the event of losing uncontracted players to the GC for the last 18 months? Now he turns around and more or less says bad luck.

This is completely un just how can you be expected to keep un contracted players when another club has double the salary cap and offers double pay! and then recieve no compensation! If I was with AFC i'd be getting some lawyers! Andrew Demetriou can get ****ed he has no idea what the hell is going on!

You guys have been shafted by the AFL hard and fast on this one...

Even with pick 26 you are loosing out! Bock would command a first rounder (early ) in a normal trade scenario!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back