Review Bont Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know William drew will be trying to wear him like a glove today. Going to need Libba and co to put on a few blocks and help him out a lot more than they did against the Lions a few weeks back.

We should be referring to Bont going for his third Brownlow by now (Wines and Neale's second), but umpires being umpires...

How the hell did Wines win? How the hell did Neale win his second if not for laziness on the part of the umpires when casting their votes? Just plain bizarre.

We should be referring to Bont going for his third Brownlow by now (Wines and Neale's second), but umpires being umpires...

How the hell did Wines win? How the hell did Neale win his second if not for laziness on the part of the umpires when casting their votes? Just plain bizarre.
I remember late 2021, port had wins over Collingwood and I think the giants. Wines did not get a single coaches vote and did not feature in the best with any of the media. That didnt stop the men in fluro awarding him 3 and 2 votes for his efforts. Susprised this wasnt talked about more at the time.

If bont is to win this year he needs a couple of mystery vote games like this.

You just know William drew will be trying to wear him like a glove today. Going to need Libba and co to put on a few blocks and help him out a lot more than they did against the Lions a few weeks back.
Libba gives away too many frees and it affects his own game when he does that. I’d rather he let Bont deal with it and become the one doing the damage.

He needs a big 7 weeks to be a chance now. And so does the team for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"Despite suffering defeat on Saturday, Carlton skipper Patrick Cripps was tipped by AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor to have polled three votes in his 200th game to move clear at the top of the leaderboard on 25 votes.

Brisbane captain and two-time Brownlow winner Lachie Neale (23 votes) and Collingwood gun Nick Daicos (22 votes) are predicted to be just behind Cripps, having also both been tipped to poll maximum votes last weekend."

Get in the bin

"Despite suffering defeat on Saturday, Carlton skipper Patrick Cripps was tipped by AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor to have polled three votes in his 200th game to move clear at the top of the leaderboard on 25 votes.

Brisbane captain and two-time Brownlow winner Lachie Neale (23 votes) and Collingwood gun Nick Daicos (22 votes) are predicted to be just behind Cripps, having also both been tipped to poll maximum votes last weekend."

Get in the bin
Lol the only 3 is Neale who is a lock for maximum votes and is the favourite for the medal imo. He has noone taking votes off him again. Cripps and Daicos lucky to get 1

He won't win unfortunately. Every year he has a patch where he doesn't poll well, and this time it's the early part of the season where I don't think he will poll as well as some here predict.

I reckon Neale and Cripps are ahead by a few. With Bont and Daicos chasing behind. Sadly neither Cripps or Neale have any one of note taking votes off them. Plus Bont has been tagged out too often. He will need to have a massive final six games and hope Cripps and Neale have some quiet ones.

Jamarra got the 3 and Bailey dale 2 and Cripps 1 I reckon . I’ve got bont on 20 votes the early game they gave him 2 I’d have him as best on .

Can see Lachie Neale winning again unfortunately.

Jamarra got the 3 and Bailey dale 2 and Cripps 1 I reckon . I’ve got bont on 20 votes the early game they gave him 2 I’d have him as best on .

Can see Lachie Neale winning again unfortunately.
Puke button needed.

He's not worthy of 3 brownlows. And really that just shows the medal is crap these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puke button needed.

He's not worthy of 3 brownlows. And really that just shows the medal is crap these days
Hypothetically if Cripps had rightfully been suspended the year he won lachie Neale would’ve won and be going for he’s 4th this year.

Good player but absolutely staggering

The Bont won't win the brownlow now after three quiet weeks. Neale and cripps likely polled in all three, with cripps to win his second imo.

Treloar will also take votes and could even be on a similar amount at this stage.

Bonts best is better than anyone's but he just has these relatively quiet patches throughout the season.

The Bont won't win the brownlow now after three quiet weeks. Neale and cripps likely polled in all three, with cripps to win his second imo.

Treloar will also take votes and could even be on a similar amount at this stage.

Bonts best is better than anyone's but he just has these relatively quiet patches throughout the season.
The Painful reality. Makes me wrongfully dislike 2023 Neale even more. I do feel bad because he hasn't actually done anything to deserve my hate other than getting a few undeserved votes and he seems like a good bloke.

However, With the next generation of Young Bucks coming through( In our team and out of it). Challenging for it will only get more difficult.

Let's get Bonty another flag and possibly a Norm before he goes to make up for it.

Last edited:
This could easily be where Cripps wins the Brownlow. I thought he was fantastic in the last quarter last week but was only ok for the first three quarters. I’d have said Dale and Jamarra were the most influential on the ground but half backs and forwards aren’t noted for votes. Today Cripps was good without being fantastic but Sheezel is sort of the only player who was a standout. Could get 5-6 votes from these two games, could just as easily get 0-1. Will likely be pivotal come the end of the count.

Bont has been good without being great both games. I’ve had him in my 5-4-3-2-1 votes in both but think there is a close to zero percent chance of getting votes and he doesn’t deserve to. I think a lot of the time it’s these sort of games that decide things. All the great players have 6 or 7 games where they are clearly best on, its when you can get votes when there is no clear standout that can set you apart.

But really, Neale in 2020 is the last time the Brownlow was correctly awarded to the best player so really who cares.

This could easily be where Cripps wins the Brownlow. I thought he was fantastic in the last quarter last week but was only ok for the first three quarters. I’d have said Dale and Jamarra were the most influential on the ground but half backs and forwards aren’t noted for votes. Today Cripps was good without being fantastic but Sheezel is sort of the only player who was a standout. Could get 5-6 votes from these two games, could just as easily get 0-1. Will likely be pivotal come the end of the count.

Bont has been good without being great both games. I’ve had him in my 5-4-3-2-1 votes in both but think there is a close to zero percent chance of getting votes and he doesn’t deserve to. I think a lot of the time it’s these sort of games that decide things. All the great players have 6 or 7 games where they are clearly best on, its when you can get votes when there is no clear standout that can set you apart.

But really, Neale in 2020 is the last time the Brownlow was correctly awarded to the best player so really who cares.
Agree with the who cares sentiment. There isn’t a single football fan who with a straight face could tell you’d they’d rather be have Cripps or Neale running around on their team over Bont.

I’d be almost certain that Bont will (again) win best captain and AFLPA MVP. Which would be the 3rd time for each accolade and the MVP award is probably the most accurate indication of the best player in a given season.

The Brownlow would be great, but it’s literally for the prestige. It’d be a shame if he never won one, and even more if inferior players such as Neale and Cripps especially won multiple. But it’ll certainly be common knowledge that Bont is comfortably the best player of this (post-Dusty/Dangerfield) era.

Bont will get 3 this week.

Sadly Cripps and Neale still a chance to get some votes this week, but doubtfully 3. None is still possible. As they both did stuff all until late in their games. Bont is still behind those two in my opinion. So needs to finish super strong and hope for a quiet game or two from Neale and Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bont Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back