Review Bont Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

If Bont can win this year it'd be awesome, but his greatness is his consistency year on year. I prefer to look at his career votes.

He is already #23 all time votes and will probably finish top 2 or 3.

He currently has 169 career votes and will surely get at least another 25 or so this year.

Gary Ablett JNR is all time top votegetter with 262.

Bont also has 42 career 3 votes, GAJ is again all time record holder with 55.

If Bont can win this year it'd be awesome, but his greatness is his consistency year on year. I prefer to look at his career votes.

He is already #23 all time votes and will probably finish top 2 or 3.

He currently has 169 career votes and will surely get at least another 25 or so this year.

Gary Ablett JNR is all time top votegetter with 262.

Bont also has 42 career 3 votes, GAJ is again all time record holder with 55.
I had a look at these stats recently as well. Barring injury I think there’s every chance Bont catches GAJ.
He’ll only be 68 votes behind him after this year. Interestingly Bont is second all time for votes per game behind only Fyfe whom he’s already gone past for total votes.

Won’t matter when Neale gets another 3 because he has no one decent taking anything off him in wins.

He’s heading for a 3rd and it’ll make a mockery of the award.

He’d be 6-8 votes back at this stage IMO. He’d need a couple of BOG and Cripps to have a quiet finish to the season. Could be playing bridesmaid… again.

Won’t be close unfortunately. Suspect he’s on around 22-25ish votes but the usual suspects Cripps & Neale will already be on close to 30.

Neither have anyone taking votes off them and they just play consistent contested footy under the umps noses.

His biggest problem could be Treloar & I’m not surprised that Adz has firmed in the betting (how the hell was he $100+ as recently as last week?).

Accumulators have been popular in modern Brownlow counts (Neale, Priddis, Wines etc) & even guys like Mitchell poll.

Treloar is leading the comp for disposals and he’s hitting the scoreboard in a lot of our wins.

I reckon Adz gives it a big shake.

Won’t be close unfortunately. Suspect he’s on around 22-25ish votes but the usual suspects Cripps & Neale will already be on close to 30.

Neither have anyone taking votes off them and they just play consistent contested footy under the umps noses.

I’d rather it be a landslide if someone else wins it, not going into the last round or 2 again to get pipped.

He’ll obviously make do with the AFLPA MVP, be AA captain etc, but the Brownlow still carries more prestige even though it means less than other awards out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bont Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back