Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7 FC hundreds in 67 games, yea "confidence"
Its about the conditions not a FC record. You can have a good FC record on roads here in Australia but doesn't mean you can translate that into runs in these conditions which like I said Maxwell is one of the only batsman in the country we have outside of Smith and Lab that I class as a chance of making a ton there.

For the record if fit I would have played Head and Maxwell in the same line up and scrapped Warner and Renshaw.

Its about the conditions not a FC record. You can have a good FC record on roads here in Australia but doesn't mean you can translate that into runs in these conditions which like I said Maxwell is one of the only batsman in the country we have outside of Smith and Lab that I class as a chance of making a ton there.

For the record if fit I would have played Head and Maxwell in the same line up and scrapped Warner and Renshaw.

Off the back of what are you assuming he'd go good in India?

Maxwell averages 26 after 7 Tests all in spinning conditions, he scored 104 on a road in India that ended in a Draw but what on earth has he done?

Off the back of what are you assuming he'd go good in India?

Maxwell averages 26 after 7 Tests all in spinning conditions, he scored 104 on a road in India that ended in a Draw but what on earth has he done?
I would be highly confident in Maxwell batting 5-8 and having a better impact than any alternative options.

The 3rd Test is to be moved from Dharmsala to Indore, after the pitch cannot be ready in time

Seems it's more about the outfield than the pitch:

The Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) has confirmed a change of venue for the third Test of the Border Gavaskar Trophy series after the ground in Dharamsala was deemed unfit.

Indore will instead host the penultimate match of the four-Test campaign on March 1 after the BCCI ruled the outfield at Himachal Pradesh stadium as not up to scratch.

The ground has recently seen new drainage installed but the BCCI said the "outfield lacks sufficient grass density and will need some time to develop fully" due to "harsh winter conditions in the region".

Instead of playing cricket in Indore, we might have more of a chance if they let us play Indoor Cricket.
We will be playing Indore Cricket. ;)

Carey got out twice reverse sweeping.

Yes, I'm a Carey fan, but I really wish he would put that club back in the bag for the time being. People tell me the reverse sweep is a legitimate stroke but I'm not a fan. I understand it in hit & giggle, but it's an abomination at Test level. I become extremely frustrated seeing Test batsmen getting out to an unnecessary shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's my point. OP's on here want our guys to play their natural game, yet when they do they get s**t canned.....and that's exactly what Maxwell would have got if he got out 'playing his natural game'

The reverse sweep was what brought about Maxy's demise as a Test player. Although "natural", it has a risk factor that in most cases is not appropriate in a Test match. If you're 150 and seeing the ball like a basketball, then maybe, but when you're about 10 or 20 and still getting used to pace of the wicket, and the bowlers, I honestly think it's not a great idea.

Vic logic: Bring Maxwell back from a broken leg when he hasn't played red ball cricket in 3 years.
That's not what we are trying to say. What we are trying to say is that Maxwell would have been ideal if he was fit and able to play.
We can sit and debate whether Bradman would be a good fit for the current side if you want to

That's not what we are trying to say. What we are trying to say is that Maxwell would have been ideal if he was fit and able to play.
We can sit and debate whether Bradman would be a good fit for the current side if you want to
Dig him up now and he’d probably be as prolific as Renshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Back