Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

lol stop giving thumbs up when youre beaten outside the edge

/border

Smith.jpg
Somehow I don't think that is Australia's biggest problem right now.

Both our batting and bowling (except Murphy) struggled.

We had one class spinner in that side and he was on debut.

The other bloke who is meant to be world class was garbage on a deck that was spin friendly.

Lyon is only an effective on a deck that is top spin friendly, so on those low and slow Indian decks, you may as well not play him.
Lyon's average in India is more or less the same as it is at home, so it's not like he's been putrid over there. He did bowl a bit lucklessly, but I reckon he'd be pretty disappointed all the same. We shouldn't expect him to be ineffective even if his style isn't quite as suited, based on prior results.

Team needs a change up.

Khawaja
Labushange
Smith
Head
Handscomb
Green
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Swepson
Murphy

If anyone is unlucky its Bowland who was tight.

What form are you picking Swepson off? Been abysmal this year

International cricket should only be about winning now, and hence playing your best team possible to win. Guys failing for multiple years on end should not be anywhere near the team. This s**t needs to change.

Australian cricket is all about flat tracks and crap opponents, whenever we get a tough tour we shit the bed, people on here creaming themselves about a Pakistan win when for 90% of the tour we couldn't take a wicket and Pakistan simply shit the bed the last Test.

Sri Lanka 1-1 away against a absolute rubbish side and 1-1 away against Bangladesh shows how shit we are.

Yes I am aware of that, I want the ump taken out of it completely.

You trust the tech or you don't, I do.

Some people don't trust it at all which is why we get stuck with this half and half bullshit.

But when umps call bias the tech in favour of one team it diminishes it.

However, if people want to go back to the old days when you just go with the umps decision and take the rub of the green so be it.

Trust the tech who’s designers have actually said is imperfect hence the umpires call allowance for their margins for error

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets give credit where it's due. India's bowling was spot on, batting showed class & grit. India were relentless causing Aus to wilt under pressure.
Absolutely but you expect that from India

Their spinners are the best in the world, Rohit is a gun at home and they bat deep as ****

I think they're the best team in the world

Been saying this for years. Seems only us BF fans notice it though.......

Is it any wonder Murphy was more dangerous? Bowls off stump to every batsman

At one point Cummins gave himself a short leg on a pitch whered youd be lucky got get it over the nipples of any batsmen and to make it worst he didnt bowl one short ball.

Should be ringing the changes after that performance.

From the current squad, my team for the next Test would be assuming its another turner...

1 Khawaja/Warner - take your pick
2 Agar - couldn't be worse with the bat than our openers & can sort of bowl / good field
3 Labuschagne
4 Smith
5 Head - should never have been dropped
6 Handscomb
7 Green - can take the new ball if needed
8 Carey
9 Starc - Cummins won't be dropped but should be
10 Murphy
11 Swepson

Bit harsh on Boland’s fielding normally would catch those, Smith also suppose to an elite slips fielder
If he is fit, maybe we should just replace Boland with Green, Head in for Renshaw. Bat's Green at 7, Carey at 8. Strenghtens our batting, reduces the length of the tail. To win, we need to bat for longer than India. If we can face 200 over, we need to bowl them out in about 180 overs. That is 60 for lyon ,60 for Murphy. 40 Cummuns, 20 for Green. Is this feasible do others think?
If the front liners don't bowl them out, Head can bowl some to ease the workload.

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Back