Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 3rd Test 1-5 March, 1430hrs at Indore

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Checked the score just before I left work 4/179. Rippa. I'll get home and watch the lead get up to a sizable amount. Get home, turn it on and Starc is running in to bowl. All out 197, lost 6/11. Blown it again.

Murphy's law of playing India in India suggests they'll pull something out of their backside.
Their top order have been shit all series (outside of one Sharma innings) under no scoreboard pressure. What makes you think they will suddenly get it together on a day 6 quality pitch that they barely last 30 overs on previously, with actual scoreboard pressure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their top order have been s**t all series (outside of one Sharma innings) under no scoreboard pressure. What makes you think they will suddenly get it together on a day 6 quality pitch that they barely last 30 overs on previously, with actual scoreboard pressure?
Refer to my previous post. I'm not implying there's any logic to it. Just sensing another choke job.

We really do some of the great botch jobs in test cricket. Some of the great hair-pulling moments.

When I see the words "wasted reviews" I immediately look back at Headingley when we didnt have a review at the end as Cummins burnt one unnecessarily. And then I remember Lyon missing the run out. And then we collapse with 6/11 here and I'm reminded of the last test collapse.

It's really difficult following this team sometimes.

We really do some of the great botch jobs in test cricket. Some of the great hair-pulling moments.

When I see the words "wasted reviews" I immediately look back at Headingley. And then I remember Lyon missing the run out. And then we collapse with 6/11 here and I'm reminded of the last test collapse.

You watch any sporting team for long enough you'll find examples just like this for every one. It's just the ups and downs of sport and I for one enjoy it, even when the Australian cricket team ****s up, as it's completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but dramatic and wonderful all at the same time.

You watch any sporting team for long enough you'll find examples just like this for every one. It's just the ups and downs of sport and I for one enjoy it, even when the Australian cricket team *s up, as it's completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but dramatic and wonderful all at the same time.
Yeah I know. They just seem to be happening all too frequently over the last 4-5 years.

Refer to my previous post. I'm not implying there's any logic to it. Just sensing another choke job.
We batted damn well to just get a lead of any sort, showed more fight than India. Outside of a period of poor fielding in the first Test, our bowling and fielding has been very good this series and India have struggled to scores of more than 150-200 without losing 6/7 wickets. As we saw in the first dig, their lower order will find it harder to bat if there is genuine pressure on.

I just don’t understand why you think a choke is on, the pressure is all on India.

When I see the words "wasted reviews" I immediately look back at Headingley when we didnt have a review at the end as Cummins burnt one unnecessarily. And then I remember Lyon missing the run out. And then we collapse with 6/11 here and I'm reminded of the last test collapse.

no different to following Collingwood really

Anyone that thinks India will just cruise to a 150+ lead here are kidding themselves, this pitch is just getting harder and harder to bat on
Yep, seems some emotions spilling out given Australia's 6-11 collapse, which is understandable, but a few posters are ignorng the fact Ausralia are still is a strong position with a modest 1st innings lead on a dead abravise pitch with India still needing to set Australia more than 150 runs to win...?

Back