Bower told he is heading home

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicoski = over-rated. I don't know why all my fellow Eagles supporters rate his so high. He is not an accountable defender and his only option when in possession of the football is to bang the ball long with his raking left foot without having a clue what options are around him.

His only positive, is generally when not under pressure is he is a accurate kick and a long penetrating kick, however his decision making generally is poor and he always looks like he is under-pressure.

Yeah, given Beau Waters disposal is average at best, however he is an accountable defender, gives 110% at every contest he goes to and doesn't have a "pea-heart" like Nico does sometimes at contests.

Who is Bower anyway?

What no. was he taken in the draft?

Forward, mid, backman?

And on another note who ever gets Judd will most probably become a favoured trade destination for any other Eagles in the future.

Once you've played alongside the great man and were considering a move to Melbourne you'd love to play along side him again.:rolleyes:

Bower picked up at #20 in 2005 draft, from peel thunder and received AA selection in under 18's comp.

He's a 192cm CHB and can run the ball out of defense, similar to Jarrad Waite if you have seen him play

Bower would be delisted by us 2 days after we trade for him. Nicoski is going nowhere. Id trade ya Waters before Nico. He will sign now we have the salary cap room

I would only give up Bower in a trade for Judd. Nicoski can stay where he is. We have plenty of mediocre players on our list already.

bower and kennedy were under 18 all australian CHB and CHF, if possible we need to keep these types on our list, they will be great players for the blues

He has to set the terms of his contract ($, duration, etc.) before the draft, and the clubs take their turn in accepting them. Judd has to play for whoever meets the terms of his contract.

Which to my mind puts Richmond in the box seat. The advantage we have (if he wants us) is that we can tailor a contract for him that Richmond can't swallow.

....(assuming he goes to the PSD)

He has to set the terms of his contract ($, duration, etc.) before the draft, and the clubs take their turn in accepting them. Judd has to play for whoever meets the terms of his contract.

Which to my mind puts Richmond in the box seat. The advantage we have (if he wants us) is that we can tailor a contract for him that Richmond can't swallow.
Won't happen.

Judd won't dud them, and WCE won't be as stubborn as Port. We will have in the very least, an acceptable deal put forward. It won't be what he is worth, but as the WCE have said - no-one could give them what he is worth.

Bower picked up at #20 in 2005 draft, from peel thunder and received AA selection in under 18's comp.

He's a 192cm CHB and can run the ball out of defense, similar to Jarrad Waite if you have seen him play

Bower will never be a CHB IMHO.
Not tall enough, and just doesn't have the class to play in that position.

Will turn into a pretty decent running half back though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no of course it doesn't - because every Tom Dick and Harry can achieve that in their lifetime im sure :rolleyes: Throwaway comment on behalf of you there.

TOA is dead right. AA selection at the under 18 champs is just a political farce. Theres always guys in there who arn't worthy but make it because people like Kevin Sheahan believe that QLD and NSW need to be represented.

TOA is dead right. AA selection at the under 18 champs is just a political farce. Theres always guys in there who arn't worthy but make it because people like Kevin Sheahan believe that QLD and NSW need to be represented.

And Bower still made it :p

Hey I think the whole labelling of players is collapsing around us. There will be key defenders who have to take the key forwards, but CHB is just a tall defender and one who will most likely have to take a taller forward eg. CHF.

The obvious exceptions are the full forwards who are useless up field. Lloyd and Fev are still pretty useful up the ground.

The fact that these guys are being noticed for their talent and put in a top 22 side does not just mean nothing. That is the point i am trying to make. Of course there will always be exceptions, but if a player is performing at that level and being noticed for it through AA selection, then that player would have talent that would be recognized by any club going into a draft.

Thus showing talent and consistency at under 18 level does not just allude to nothing. It means that they could have the tools and talent to be successful at AFL level.

The fact that these guys are being noticed for their talent and put in a top 22 side does not just mean nothing. That is the point i am trying to make. Of course there will always be exceptions, but if a player is performing at that level and being noticed for it through AA selection, then that player would have talent that would be recognized by any club going into a draft.

Thus showing talent and consistency at under 18 level does not just allude to nothing. It means that they could have the tools and talent to be successful at AFL level.

You only have to play well in 2 games to get AA anyways. Its often picked on reputation and is picked by recruiters who might want to hide certain players. It means very little, the recruiters dont care if a player makes it or not. Has no bearing.

Bower will never be a CHB IMHO.
Not tall enough, and just doesn't have the class to play in that position.

Will turn into a pretty decent running half back though.

yeah i doubt it either just saying he was picked there.

He looks to be an excellent running half back as you said, i'm pretty sure that's how Ratten will play him for the next few years anyway, assuming he doesn't go to Perth.

Bower is happy at carlton and wants to stay there he does not wish to return to perth and will sign contract within a week or so

Remove this Banner Ad

Bower told he is heading home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back