News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

these things don’t happen in a vacuum, the calculation by STK that they could walk all over us is what lead them to structure as they did

that calculation is ALL our fault.

from there the same estimation of who we really were informed every decision subsequently made

and they weren’t wrong were they?

Yeah.

It's a multi round prisoners dilemma where we confess every round.

St Kilda's list manager made all the right moves publicly. Barely spoke about the deal, worked in the background, got it done in a deal favoring his club. Has he even spoken since landing Brad?

Meanwhile, we spend months saying we don't want Brad publicly, then say it's pick 2 or match, proceeding to erode any bargaining position we had. In public. Not even at the negotiation table. Publicly for everyone to hear.

It's truly disgraceful
Yeah the whole lead up to this has made no sense given how we played it at the end.

Remember when certain posters lambasted and mocked others for daring to question the notion that “St Kilda’s only path to Crouch was a Band 1 offer”.

How does reality feel?

They deserved to be mocked, and still do.

The only way that this was possible was a historical level feebleness. I'm not sure that I would brag about being of similar mind to that feebleness.

They deserved to be mocked, and still do.

The only way that this was possible was a historical level feebleness. I'm not sure that I would brag about being of similar mind to that feebleness.

There is being right and there is being wrong.

You were wrong. Just because others were right doesn’t mean they are happy with the outcome.

Plenty of evidence of prior feebleness to see this coming.

Oh FFS .. it seemed easy.

Match, if he doesn't want to stay renegotiate a short contract and trade next year. If he wanted out that badly, let him risk 1 of the drafts, knowing that in all likelihood if was the PSD we'd take again and it would likely be a lottery in the ND depending on his contract demands.

I understand some of the issue around not worth moving up a few picks if we got the Saints pick vs the risk and so on.
The biggest issue is how we handled it all. AGAIN, I might add. Clean up your acts, seriously.

One thing for sure, we must put St Kilda in the memory bank for zero leeway down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About the only way I'll forgive the club over this is if they've been in Cameron's ear and agree to pick him in the PSD if negotiations between GWS and Geelong break down. Which right now is about the only way I can rationalise them not matching
I’m kinda over it already, dwelling on negatives just makes me depressed! I’d rather think about what Binuk can do with those picks in the 20s with pick swaps, hopefully getting Hately for a late 3rd round pick and maybe another trade we haven’t heard about yet.

I am glad we aren’t stuck with another player on a 5 year deal, we have done that enough in recent years and regretted in 2-3 years in with most. Hopefully the club can fix their messaging during situations like this so they aren’t misleading supporters next time. We also need to nail this draft, that is way more important to our onfield success than whatever happened with Brad.

Barratt could barely hide his excitement that we only got pick 23 for Crouch but then in the next breathe says he believes it's about the right value for Brad. :drunk:
I think that Saints pick 17 is his true worth, but with the uncertainty in the draft this year I’m not sure there will be a huge difference in quality between 17-23.

I’m kinda over it already, dwelling on negatives just makes me depressed! I’d rather think about what Binuk can do with those picks in the 20s with pick swaps, hopefully getting Hately for a late 3rd round pick and maybe another trade we haven’t heard about yet.

I am glad we aren’t stuck with another player on a 5 year deal, we have done that enough in recent years and regretted in 2-3 years in with most. Hopefully the club can fix their messaging during situations like this so they aren’t misleading supporters next time. We also need to nail this draft, that is way more important to our onfield success than whatever happened with Brad.
My feelings exactly. Bit flat with the result and way we handled it but keeping him would have been worse IMO.

Definitely think we need to play hardball for Hately now.

Then why didn’t we trade him last year you f****** moron
Because we're very, very stupid

Also whatever dire scenario befalls us we always make out that that was the plan all along and/or there's nothing else we could have done

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back