News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert to Port Adelaide

Rohde had previously stated that the deal was done with our without the bulldogs.....
Yep. I can't remember whether Rohde said that, or it was just said that he said that. We can see what just happened to Freo when you announce deals before the paperwork is signed.

According to Rooch yesterday Port and West Coast have agreed on the deal. The side order of fries can be sorted independent of the main meal.

link
The Eagles and Power had a cast-iron deal on Ebert last night when the "extras" of the trade were being massaged with the Western Bulldogs and new AFL franchise Greater Western Sydney.
link

Emma Quayle also believes the deal is agreed as linked earlier in the thread.

This seems to be turning into a bit of a saga...why can't the clubs just agree to a deal in principle pre trade week and then just sort out the formalities when they go there?

Because West Coast started out with pick 6 as their requirement and Port said no. So from there it had to be sorted.

Good to see

Should take M Thomas's role in the middle but with a bit more pace and better skills

Wonder what will happen to M Thomas this year

Overall happy with trade week

Kept pick 6

Gained experience ruck help

Gained Brad Ebert

Have 3 late picks (one will be a pass so we have a PSD) other two you can look for a diamond in the rough no real pressure on them.

Sadly a claim by Rucci is not rolled gold fact.

Too true but he's usually good post hoc. But Rooch's usual strike rate is why I added the Emma Quayle view.

Wonder what will happen to M Thomas this year

He will play every game bar injury and hopefully improve on his 2011 even further. The coaches don't underestimate the guy nearly as much as our supporters do.

Ebert, Harding & 49 for Chad, Dean & 28. Winners

Your call Ranga or have you heard something?

Wouldn't mind getting Harding in the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Brad be on the salary of a pick 28 draftee or?

Same with Renouf

Would Brad be on the salary of a pick 28 draftee or?

Same with Renouf

Really?

No, no they would not.

They would negotiate contracts with the club prior to being traded.

Really?

No, no they would not.

They would negotiate contracts with the club prior to being traded.

No?

But if Port are using 100% next year

I dont think they would of set aside that much thats all

if you could find a number it would be great

imo we will trade in renouf, then delist him for the lulz and place Bass on the senior list.

Exactly

serious have no clue:confused::confused::confused:

Heard that Port had maxed out salary cap other than draftee money that was set aside??

Do you suggest that we trade in 2 players and then say, jebus, we gots no salary cap to pay them.

Some cynics might say yes.

serious have no clue:confused::confused::confused:

As TSW alluded to, both Ebo and Renouf's salary packages would've been negotiated prior to trades being done and the actual contracts being signed. If I had to guess I'd say he'd be worth somewhere in the $225k-$300k region, especially as WCE would've gone at him in a manner not dissimilar to Walsh.

Heard that Port had maxed out salary cap other than draftee money that was set aside??

Logically, we've gone from 92.5% of the cap to the full hunge - and we've also delisted Chad who would've been on solid coin (vet or not) and Dean. Dom and Kane will be halving their cap pressure either this year or next which gives a bit more room to backend deals, too.

Sure we had to pay a bit more to Butcher and Trengove than we probably would've liked at this juncture, but where do you have the rest of the money going?

Hopefully we have enough cash in the cap to entice a good player with our PSD pick.

Marc Lock thanks

Tribey I just can't see how we can resign Trengove,Butcher,Carlile and Lobbe using only 6-7% of the salary cap

Don't think Renouf would be on a lot, Ebert i hope is on more i just wasn't sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back