News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert to Port Adelaide

The Dogs are ****ing idiots. That's just about the pettiest move in trade week history, and all to keep an absolute spud of a player.

From Port's perspective, very happy with this. We got Ebert for a 17 pick downgrade and two players we didn't want. We probably overpaid a bit for Renouf, but we've probably made up for it by underpaying a bit for Ebert, so overall a decent trade week for the club :thumbsu:

How was pick 28 in a shit draft a 'double beef whopper with large fries', especially considering how badly you rate our recruiters?

It was more like downgrading a medium watered down Coke to a small watered down Coke.

17 pick downgrade is like going from a double beef whopper with large fries and large coke to a kids meal with no free toy.

A first round draft pick for a 17 pick downgrade. Yes please anytime.

I doubt that's what it will be though.

A first round draft pick for a 17 pick downgrade. Yes please anytime.

I doubt that's what it will be though.
I actually agree with you on that:eek:, not sure if this mornings West Australian Sunday Times is up to par but they seam to think its not a done deal yet:confused:
Oh well there's always tomorrow

How was pick 28 in a shit draft a 'double beef whopper with large fries', especially considering how badly you rate our recruiters?

It was more like downgrading a medium watered down Coke to a small watered down Coke.

But it's a draft pick!!!1111

The thrill of the unknown, all that untapped potential, the dream of plucking Dane Swan or Simon Black from nowhere.

*starry-eyed madfap*

In reality the box under that wrapping, bow and tinsel is stamped 'Travel Ludo' and not 'Game Boy'.

Why has Armstrong for Johnston been officially announced but this trade hasn't?

The clubs have announced that its happened but the official paperwork cant go in until Monday - same as the Ebert deal

The last pick 28 we had in a poor draft was Marlon Motlop.

That worked well didnt it.

By that logic you'd have to wonder why we are so desperate to hang onto pick #6, David Myers.

Given that this deal is not official and we have already learnt the hard way about agreements in principle (Phil Walsh anyone?), is there any chance that the Ebert deal won't go through? Are GWS playing hardball in the hope they might nab him in the preseason draft?

Given that this deal is not official and we have already learnt the hard way about agreements in principle (Phil Walsh anyone?), is there any chance that the Ebert deal won't go through? Are GWS playing hardball in the hope they might nab him in the preseason draft?

Id say there is enough goodwill between us and west coast that if gws ran away it would be 28 for Ebert. We would miss pick 45 and have not unloaded chad and dean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By that logic we traded in Renouf and Ebert for Marlon and Matt Westhoff :D

:D

My point was given that our drafting over the past 6-7 years has been largely shit, I have more faith in getting Ebert and Renouf than getting speculative picks in the worst draft of all time.

not sure if this mornings West Australian Sunday Times is up to par but they seam to think its not a done deal yet

the Sunday Mail says the same thing. If you can believe quotes in this rag, Rohde is still saying 'if it happens' with suggestion that it will still take a 3rd party (one presumes GWS' offer for Cornes/Brogan).

It's gone on about as long as Blue Hills

I don't understand this. Apparently the Bulldogs are out, so why do we need a third party? Give the Eagles 28 and be done with it, then work out our own deal for Chad and Brogan. We won't get anything better than the pick 45 which West Coast already have for them, so there'd be no point in us on-trading it (unless we're haggling over 45 versus 49, in which case they ****ing better not screw this trade up by wasting time arguing over something so insignificant). Maybe a pre-listed player going to the Eagles is involved or something, otherwise I can't see how this is necessary.

pick 28s going back to the 2000 draft:

Ryan Lester
Mitch Duncan
Shaun McKernan
Marlon Motlop
Chris Dawes
Matt Riggio
Chad Gibson
Jay Nash
Tristan Cartledge
Mark Powell
Steven Greene

how many of those would you take over ebert?

Hang on, so has the trade been done without the Bulldogs?

Or is it stalled because of the absence of the Bulldogs?

questionable said:
pick 28s going back to the 2000 draft:

Ryan Lester
Mitch Duncan
Shaun McKernan
Marlon Motlop
Chris Dawes
Matt Riggio
Chad Gibson
Jay Nash
Tristan Cartledge
Mark Powell
Steven Greene

Wow. Cursed pick is cursed.

Hang on, so has the trade been done without the Bulldogs?

Or is it stalled because of the absence of the Bulldogs?
Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?...
As I understand it a deal that was imminent but never quite over the line is now stalled with the withdrawal of the Bulldogs. However it seems that it will not require a major re-think to get it done provided none of Port, Eagles and GWS have had a serious about face.

As I understand it a deal that was imminent but never quite over the line is now stalled with the withdrawal of the Bulldogs. However it seems that it will not require a major re-think to get it done provided none of Port, Eagles and GWS have had a serious about face.

Rohde had previously stated that the deal was done with our without the bulldogs but there seems to be conflicting stories now. I guess we will find out first thing tomorrow morning if it is already done or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back