K.Simpson

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City
Really liked his game tonight. kicked straight (suprisingly:p ) and took some excellent contested marks which we know he is capable of doing.

its a big year for the fish. hes in the leadership group, been at the club for 5 years, has promised so much and delivered so little due to injury. its his time to deliver.

A fit Fisher as a 3rd or 4th tall is JUST what the Blues need, could be a big year for the guy.:thumbsu:

PLeeeeease don't let this be a one off.

He was superb tonight. I still had trouble watching him sneak goals in - something just doesn't look good with his kicking, but they are starting to go through (ala Sticks and those helicopter kicks).

Great stuff Fish :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Totally agree.

Has a few flaws in his game but can be that player that creates a mismatch in our forward line and something we need to hopefully take advantage of.

He'll do alot better without Waite up forward as in some ways they play a similar game, being rangy mobile forwards.

Not as atheltic as Waitey but better hands.

Probably a better pack mark than on the lead, but that's ok if team choose to double team Fev or Lance he'll be an excellent foil to take that contested grab from across the pack or from behind.

Poor kicking can sometimes be related back to fitness.

If a player isn't that fit once they become fatigued it will effect their accuracy.

I think at times this could have been Brad's problems in the last few years in that he's rarely been fully fit and as a result his kicking hasn't been that great.

A fully fit injury free player and his accuracy should improve somewhat.

Really liked his game tonight. kicked straight (suprisingly:p ) and took some excellent contested marks which we know he is capable of doing.
He sure did. Great shooting Fish. Same goes for Carazzo. I couldn't watch, but they both delivered. If they continue with the sort of accuracy they've shown this last fortnight I'll consider the issue solved.

I have one last weakness I want Fish to work on - it's his running. He runs like Fev did in his early years, which is to say not very well. It's more jogging than running and it doesn't make for speed. Fev learnt to run and it made a huge difference. Fish can too.

looked good last night fisher. got to say what the hell is that on the end of fev's chin, i saw a single hair about 5cm+ long just blowing away.
trying to grow it like nigel vagana.

Fevola's last shot on goal scared me, is he injured?
I saw him rubbing his anterior crutiate ligament

That would be some feat as the ligament in deep inside the knee........no wonder he was sore.:D

After he missed the snap shot (very selfishly for the second time in 2 minutes IMO) just before half time, he did put his hands down to his knee and push it back and forth like it was sore.
SEN duds (GT excluded) thought it was a hammy, but he wouldn't have kicked at all if that was the case.

IMO just some knee soreness, I think with the same knee he injured vs Roos last year. Not a major concern, as really, unless he ruptures something theres not much they can do but rest him.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Fish played very well last night.

Really stood up and had a big impact on the game.

His kicking has definitely improved-I think that's a direct result of being and staying injury free.

Hopefully he stays away from the injuries and becomes a very important player for us, possibly kicking around 30 goals. That would be great to see.

I still maintain that he has some of the best hands I have seen in a LONG time. That grab he took against Brennan to kick the goal straight after he kicked the supergoal was magnificent.

Thought Fish played very well last night.

Really stood up and had a big impact on the game.

His kicking has definitely improved-I think that's a direct result of being and staying injury free.

Hopefully he stays away from the injuries and becomes a very important player for us, possibly kicking around 30 goals. That would be great to see.

I still maintain that he has some of the best hands I have seen in a LONG time. That grab he took against Brennan to kick the goal straight after he kicked the supergoal was magnificent.

You make it sound like he has a choice.;)

That would be some feat as the ligament in deep inside the knee........no wonder he was sore.:D

After he missed the snap shot (very selfishly for the second time in 2 minutes IMO) just before half time, he did put his hands down to his knee and push it back and forth like it was sore.
SEN duds (GT excluded) thought it was a hammy, but he wouldn't have kicked at all if that was the case.

IMO just some knee soreness, I think with the same knee he injured vs Roos last year. Not a major concern, as really, unless he ruptures something theres not much they can do but rest him.:thumbsu:
Well Fev can do anything, as can Murph.
Ten bucks says Murphy will fly in round one

Pisher played well, but I'm still not sold on the guy...I noted that his pre-season was patchy, but he did well last night, so I can't complain too much..

He reminds me of Scott Lucas - one of those shleppers that plays well against mediocre teams, this year will be an interesting year for his development.

Fisher played really well last night. The challenge for him is to play well every week, not just pop up for a cameo once every month.

If he is a constant third target up forward, gets 15-odd possessions and kicks 2-3 goals every week, then our forward line will start to look ok. If he goes missing for 2-3 games on the trot, then we get very one-dimensional. Its all about consistency for someone like him - he needs to make the most our of every opportunity he gets, every week.

Fisher played really well last night. The challenge for him is to play well every week, not just pop up for a cameo once every month.

If he is a constant third target up forward, gets 15-odd possessions and kicks 2-3 goals every week, then our forward line will start to look ok. If he goes missing for 2-3 games on the trot, then we get very one-dimensional. Its all about consistency for someone like him - he needs to make the most our of every opportunity he gets, every week.

the guy has been injured for a lot of his time with us. This year will be different, and I have a lot of confidence that he will play very well up forward.
Last night's game proved me wrong in many areas :) I'm very pleased to admit that. :)

the guy has been injured for a lot of his time with us. This year will be different, and I have a lot of confidence that he will play very well up forward.
Last night's game proved me wrong in many areas :) I'm very pleased to admit that. :)

Its not just the injuries though. I think his position is a tough one to play.

As the third forward option, he doesn't get a lot of opportunities, and needs to make the most of his limited chances. He (and anyone in the same role) might only get 4-5 genuine mark/goal chances a match - as compared to Fev, who probably gets 20-25. Against a third defender, its a real opportunity. But Fish seems to either be on top, and turn those 4-5 chances into, say, 3 goals 2 behinds, or get 'frozen', and end up with 0 or 1 goals from those 4-5 chances. If he can find some consistency, and get 1-2 goals on his bad days, instead of 0-1, his impact will be significantly better IMO

As I said, its a tough gig, and some guys have the mentality to do it better. But hopefully with a bit more maturity he will get that too

Some may remember especially emo J but i wanted him as trade bait.
With this form i'd be more than happy to keep him at Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Fisher - the X factor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back