List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good debate LG and Ham. 👍

How do we assess the Brown trade considering we put a half price sticker on him before the trade period?

Given the half-price sticker stuff up and the fact he was OOC with one serious buyer in the market I thought we did okay.

Given the half-price sticker stuff up and the fact he was OOC with one serious buyer in the market I thought we did okay.

Well they did get him to double his average goal output from that year.

Flip side, they also turned him into a thug. Plus Majak is driving unlicensed.

Do we know how Brady’s role differs from Luffs?

Feel like Brady is obsolete after giving half his duties to dmac
I think Mcphersons role is more footy operations as a whole, assuming there’s additional stuff outside of talent he’s responsible for.

I think Luff being a list manager is probably obsolete if he’s answerable to Brady, assuming luff is more an analytics manager while Brady is more the overarching list boss, including negotiations etc. either way the structure needs a review to ensure it’s working effectively. Our results indicate it isnt

I think Mcphersons role is more footy operations as a whole, assuming there’s additional stuff outside of talent he’s responsible for.

I think Luff being a list manager is probably obsolete if he’s answerable to Brady, assuming luff is more an analytics manager while Brady is more the overarching list boss, including negotiations etc. either way the structure needs a review to ensure it’s working effectively. Our results indicate it isnt
Yeah I don’t know what Brady actually does as you say it sounds like overarching boss but sounds fairly redundant and that if we wanted to save soft cap space old mate Brady could easily make way

Yeah I don’t know what Brady actually does as you say it sounds like overarching boss but sounds fairly redundant and that if we wanted to save soft cap space old mate Brady could easily make way
I’d expect the cap would be taken up by the assistants (ie jade and S&C staff) I’d say we’d have plenty of space next yr

The current structure has been in place since November and the current list management team since end of 2019. We took 12 months to have a good look at the current stock on the list and have since cut 20 players. Not sure it needs a review, it needs patience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current structure has been in place since November and the current list management team since end of 2019. We took 12 months to have a good look at the current stock on the list and have since cut 20 players. Not sure it needs a review, it needs patience.
No - Macpherson’s role is new
Brady split his role in 2 to create a different structure

Brady is the GM of Football Talent which covers everything from recruitment to list management and total player payments.

McPherson is the GM of Football performance which covers all the on-field football programs including coaching, high performance and medical, operations, player development and wellness, and soft cap management.

How do people rate the move of Brady in 2019?

People were celebrating in the streets when he moved from WC. Granted, the club was in a tight mess back then, but there have been a few disappointing off-field plays.

On the flip-side, WC are somehow in a worse position that North with their list.

People were celebrating in the streets when he moved from WC. Granted, the club was in a tight mess back then, but there have been a few disappointing off-field plays.

On the flip-side, WC are somehow in a worse position that North with their list.
We've absolutely gone backwards as a result of the deep cuts to the list. Personally reckon we could have retained a couple talls for a better lost profile but aside from that we have got some seemingly good young talent through the door and a fair bit of it.

Too early to tell.

The drop from the heady heights of 2nd last to last after "the great list cull" was probably to be expected.

This year has been disappointing, but it's hard to plan for illness, while other areas we've left ourselves exposed.

4 years was mentioned initially to get ourselves back into it. Let's see how we go from here.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I think Scott Clayton is getting off lightly.

What’s his role at the club? Suns seem to be performing better once he left also and hasn’t he also got his finger prints on the Eagles mess?
Fair call

I’m not sure we need all of luff, Brady and Clayton in list management on top of all our recruiters

Surely someone there is redundant

Fair call

I’m not sure we need all of luff, Brady and Clayton in list management on top of all our recruiters

Surely someone there is redundant
Call me crazy, but I think we should be expanding our list management team, rather then reducing it...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back