List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we replace Brady too at end of year

Clean house start fresh, and no doubts then in who the issue really was
If we replace him we have no idea whether he'd have been successful in the coming years. He hasn't shown signs of gross incompetence, unlike someone I could mention. Would be an extremely rash decision given where we're at

Sending a clear message to the club, media and members. Other than holding a press conference rubbishing the club this is the next best thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep - the dog whistling here is loud.

That’s all good and well as long as the ones we have left are competent?

If they aren’t it’s ‘Code Red’ and the joint is just about ducked.

Sounds like Sonja Hood is going to be a busy girl trying to wade through a pile of shit to see what the issues are?

Well the current coach was extremely competent in this role at Brisbane.

We aren’t all at sea here.

Unfortunately he was competent in a different role that he isn’t his primary task now

Yes, but I’m suggesting that it’s not like we don’t have someone who really gets list management.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club has a replacement lined up.

Sending a clear message to the club, media and members. Other than holding a press conference rubbishing the club this is the next best thing

No coincidence. Just heard Brady on the radio. He's got balls but I'm not too sure about his people skills. Time will tell if he's doin the Graeme Wright thing.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Giantroo - hard to take anything positive away from that interview. Saw he knows nothing about the JHF misdemeanour. FFS. Pretty uninspiring interview but Brady is not the best media performer so to be expected.

Thanks Giantroo - hard to take anything positive away from that interview. Saw he knows nothing about the JHF misdemeanour. FFS. Pretty uninspiring interview but Brady is not the best media performer so to be expected.
Tbh, Amarfio should've been the one on there considering they all report back to the CEO. Brady's team just got decimated and I could tell he was not happy.

PR here is simple. Get one spokesperson - the CEO. Get the positive messages right and make sure the messaging is consistent. Brady sounded terrible and couldn't answer the JHF questions. Thought for once the 3AW team were quite reasonable in their questioning - Brady struggled. Keep him away from the media. Made me depressed.

PR here is simple. Get one spokesperson - the CEO. Get the positive messages right and make sure the messaging is consistent. Brady sounded terrible and couldn't answer the JHF questions. Thought for once the 3AW team were quite reasonable in their questioning - Brady struggled. Keep him away from the media. Made me depressed.

If his interview was a tagging job, his opponent just had 35, kicked three and set up another six.

I don't think we should be blindly assuming that Rawlings is in charge here.

He reports to Ben Amarfio at the end of the day, and Brady ultimately has responsibility for the areas that Luff and Finnigan were responsible for. While the most likely scenario is that Brady is getting the opportunity to bring in his own guys, I think the other possibility of Brady being the captain of a sinking ship, of which the proverbial rats of Finnigan, Birthisel and Luff have just fled, is worth considering as well.

Last year's appointment of McPherson did seem like a demotion for Brady on paper. We were told it was to match the structure of other clubs, but in any work environment, it's not a good sign for responsibilities like that to be taken off you.

They stripped down his duties and had him focus only on list management, but now that area of the club is a complete disaster.

I'm in the camp that believes Rawlings has instead been given the opportunity to bring in his own guys for what it's worth, but it's still interesting to consider the above as a possibility.

I don't think we should be blindly assuming that Rawlings is in charge here.

He reports to Ben Amarfio at the end of the day, and Brady ultimately has responsibility for the areas that Luff and Finnigan were responsible for. While the most likely scenario is that Brady is getting the opportunity to bring in his own guys, I think the other possibility of Brady being the captain of a sinking ship, of which the proverbial rats of Finnigan, Birthisel and Luff have just fled, is worth considering as well.

Last year's appointment of McPherson did seem like a demotion for Brady on paper. We were told it was to match the structure of other clubs, but in any work environment, it's not a good sign for responsibilities like that to be taken off you.

They stripped down his duties and had him focus only on list management, but now that area of the club is a complete disaster.

I'm in the camp that believes Rawlings has instead been given the opportunity to bring in his own guys for what it's worth, but it's still interesting to consider the above as a possibility.
This is where I'm at as well. We tend towards 'all is well everyone knows what they're doing' on here a bit, but all possibilities are open in my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back