List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 of them got picked up and have not done anything. The ST K fans arent happy with Wood.
Daw retired after 0 AFL games and 8 or so VFL games.

After a decade with us which had one season where he played consistent AFL footy.

His body was simply not up to the rigours of footy.

I think whats most impressive with Geelong is they have build a very good list, while importing high quality players as well, Dangerfield, Cameron etc...
All speaks to very good trade craft.
Speaks to having a strong successful coach and club that players feel will be good for them (setting aside Dangerfield wanting to live at the beach - although that may also help attract some).

Daw retired after 0 AFL games and 8 or so VFL games.

After a decade with us which had one season where he played consistent AFL footy.

His body was simply not up to the rigours of footy.

Come on mate, yes after the bridge fall but he should have played a lot more games than he did. He wasn't given opportunities others were afforded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on mate, yes after the bridge fall but he should have played a lot more games than he did. He wasn't given opportunities others were afforded.

There were occasions where Scott should have brought him in but didn’t. I absolutely agree with that.

However he was also up and down with injury even prior to the bridge.

Regardless us letting him go was vindicated given what he produced for Melbourne or Casey.

Geelong continue to add young talent and to my mind are one of the best at constantly refreshing their list.
Z Guthrie 24
Henery 23
Close 23
Ratugolea 23
Miers 23
Stengle 23
Narkle 24
De Konning 21
Parfitt 24
Simpson 24
Bews 24
Cameron at 29 will be a target forward for another 5 years, they still have a very good crop of players 25 to 29.
KOLODJASHNIJ 26
C Guthrie 29
Atkins 26
Stewart 29
O Connor 25
While they will have some holes to fill in the next year or two,
I expect to see Geelong compeditive for a number of years yet.
Whilst there are good players there, I’m not sure they necessarily reach the levels of Selwood/Hawkins/Duncan/Danger

He can follow Amarfio out. Useless. Cut too much away after 2020, and we've been catching our breath since. At least Wood, Pittard and Daw may have given us something.
That dog don't hunt KB. Seriously, when has there ever been serious gain without pain?

As sh#$÷££ as this has all been, I ain't going back to that 20 years of mind numbing mediocrity. I'm telling ya - no way no how. I don't think I would make it.

There were occasions where Scott should have brought him in but didn’t. I absolutely agree with that.

However he was also up and down with injury even prior to the bridge.

Regardless us letting him go was vindicated given what he produced for Melbourne or Casey.

Yeah clearly he was done after the incident. But heck I'll be impressed if Xerri or CCJ get anywhere near his 2018 season. And yes he wasn't the greatest trainer and I think we still have issues with that it would seem.

A sensible coach would have told him , see ball get ball.

Geelong continue to add young talent and to my mind are one of the best at constantly refreshing their list.
Z Guthrie 24
Henery 23
Close 23
Ratugolea 23
Miers 23
Stengle 23
Narkle 24
De Konning 21
Parfitt 24
Simpson 24
Bews 24
Cameron at 29 will be a target forward for another 5 years, they still have a very good crop of players 25 to 29.
KOLODJASHNIJ 26
C Guthrie 29
Atkins 26
Stewart 29
O Connor 25
While they will have some holes to fill in the next year or two,
I expect to see Geelong compeditive for a number of years yet.
Watch those younger players fall over like nine pins if they had our senior blokes guiding them.

Sounds like the whole lot should go?

Get rid of Amarfio, put an offer too good to refuse in front of Mark Brayshaw and tell him to call his best mate Clarko and say jobs yours, clean slate, who do we need?

Yep. I love the idea and if we can make it happen, then clean the place out and bring in proven coaches and staff.

We are a disgrace atm and it's not on the players, they are mostly trying (i'm sure Nobles is too) but well, I could also try at the Winter Olympics but I am no good at it - trying alone is not enough to be successful.

Whilst there are good players there, I’m not sure they necessarily reach the levels of Selwood/Hawkins/Duncan/Danger
With a solid list underfoot, Geelong can use their trade picks to buy in talent, just like they did with Danger and Cameron.
As long as they stay compeditive they are a destination club.

Surely there has to be some changes including Brady. I hate hearing that he may have low balled McKay. Wonder if Clarko is bringing any recruitment staff with him?
He 100% low balled McKay, doubt his manager will keep shopping him around now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back