List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

His info was pretty right though. Clayton been pretty shithouse over the years.
Yup. Claytons is a dud. Most in the AFL Industry would tell yah that. Yet he is still employed by our club. Remember that this banana was with Rawling at West Coast. The dynamic duo of death. :stern look

So who did we miss?
Grainger - Barras
Z Reid
S Ryan
J Treacy (Rookie Draft)

Mac Andrew
J Amiss
J Gibcus
L Aleer
J Van Rooyen

A Cadman
J Busslinger
M Jefferson
M Michalanney

Looking back, the talls in the 2020 draft are looking really poor except for Treacy and Freo got themselves a bargain there. Important to note every other Club passed on him in the national draft.

2021 - quality draft for talls but for us to access them we would have to had trade the rights to Judas for muiltple picks in the first round. Hindsight says that is what we should have done, in reality no List Manager was trading out Horne-Francis who was as hyped as H Reid was was.

2022 - we were dead keen on Sheezal and Wardlaw and i am happy with took them over Cadman. Busslinger and Jefferson are a slow burn and Micahlanney looks promising.

I think we are well stocked with tall optoins down back. Logue was a great pick up who unfortunately did an ACL, Comben looks elite and Will Dawson looks promising - Kal Dawson looks decent depth.

I am not sure who was responsible for trading out the 2019 draft but that looks a poor decision.
2019 call was a moneyball call by Luff. The points differential was too good apparently. Other than that, you should know that facts these have no place on big footy

2019 call was a moneyball call by Luff. The points differential was too good apparently. Other than that, you should know that facts these have no place on big footy
Ah Yes. Moneyball. Luffs to blame. Rawling on Gardening Leave from his hatchet job at West Coast had no say in this idiotic call. None what so ever. Rightio. :stern look

Pretty much every decision we make is wrong. If Brady decides to go down the George Costanza do everything the opposite to I’ve ever done path then we might be on a winner.
trading out JHF and (in effect) Cadman for Sheezel, Wardlaw and Goad a mistake?

I beg to differ

trading out JHF and (in effect) Cadman for Sheezel, Wardlaw and Goad a mistake?

I beg to differ
It was forced but he did the best he could in that situation. I agree.

You can’t include Sheezel and Wardlaw in that though. One of them was a result of our shitness that year. We would have got one of them regardless.

Check it Out.

Rawling and our current Big Men Stocks and how incompetent he is at the caper.

So since he has been at the club he has had a hand in the following recruits.
Pink who turns 26 in August.
Free who turns 26 in July.
Kal Dawson who turns 26 in July.
CCJ who turns 25 in June.
Teakle who is 24 years old

Nek minnit

Check it Out.

Rawling and our current Big Men Stocks and how incompetent he is at the caper.

So since he has been at the club he has had a hand in the following recruits.
Pink who turns 26 in August.
Free who turns 26 in July.
Kal Dawson who turns 26 in July.
CCJ who turns 25 in June.
Teakle who is 24 years old

This stuff looks really bad now hey.

Why he hasn't been moved on is a reflection of how our club is currently being run. Tick Tock. :stern look

LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M8 list management and footy management are the long term positions that are the most important to success and I don’t think we’ve had this right since the 90’s ☹️
Footy management has been poor for nearly a decade and only just sorted in the last two pre seasons.

Right now our list is in the best shape its been in since 2016 (at least.)

None of us really wanted to hear or believe it but in 2018 and 2019 media shitheads were calling our list the worst in the comp by miles. Then we saw how bad it was in 2020. We have nine players still on the list since the 2020 season. Probably eight next year. (If TT wasn't a jerk we'd still have him too.) Three of those other players are still playing for one club or another regularly and another one or two are still on lists but they aren't doing that much to write home about.

There's a couple of major holes on the forward line but we still have a good spine with talent, depth and a couple of young players coming thru. We also have plenty of talent and youth in our midfield and on both flanks. Apart from "Electric small forward" we're at the point where we can start improving positions, not having to fill them, and the general level of talent, speed and skill has improved across the list.

Over that same period we've had seven different coaches, including Clarko twice.

Six changes of coach in five seasons!!

All sorts of board chaos as well. Covid probably didn't help but really the instability, uncertainty and lack of continuity between different coaching/football systems is why we are so fooked up.

Footy management has been poor for nearly a decade and only just sorted in the last two pre seasons.

Right now our list is in the best shape its been in since 2016 (at least.)

None of us really wanted to hear or believe it but in 2018 and 2019 media shitheads were calling our list the worst in the comp by miles. Then we saw how bad it was in 2020. We have nine players still on the list since the 2020 season. Probably eight next year. (If TT wasn't a jerk we'd still have him too.) Three of those other players are still playing for one club or another regularly and another one or two are still on lists but they aren't doing that much to write home about.

There's a couple of major holes on the forward line but we still have a good spine with talent, depth and a couple of young players coming thru. We also have plenty of talent and youth in our midfield and on both flanks. Apart from "Electric small forward" we're at the point where we can start improving positions, not having to fill them, and the general level of talent, speed and skill has improved across the list.

Over that same period we've had seven different coaches, including Clarko twice.

Six changes of coach in five seasons!!

All sorts of board chaos as well. Covid probably didn't help but really the instability, uncertainty and lack of continuity between different coaching/football systems is why we are so fooked up.
Yes mate I’m trying to say that long term recruitment is more important than coaching. Obviously it helps when you get access to the top picks right but I want to see NMFC become a 20 year powerhouse like Glong and Sydney and ultimately the key to that is player recruitment 👍

Yes mate I’m trying to say that long term recruitment is more important than coaching. Obviously it helps when you get access to the top picks right but I want to see NMFC become a 20 year powerhouse like Glong and Sydney and ultimately the key to that is player recruitment 👍
Apart from a few outliers, compared to the 2010s our recruitment seems much better now.

But overall we need stability. With some stability and an average coach we nearly made a GF and played some great footy 2015/16.

2020 - General Manager of Football
2021 - General Manager of Football
2022 - List, TPP and Recruiting Manager
2023 - List, TPP and Recruiting Manager

Recruitment summary - Outside of Griffin there has hardly been a win in recruitment during this 4 year period. We’ve overpaid for some duds that aren’t contributing or moving us in the right direction.

TPP - Only positive has been signing up Sheez, Larkey and X to longer term contract. Overpaid both in $$$ and length of contract for McDonald, Simpkin, Stephens, Fisher and co.

List - JHF & TT situations didn’t help but the list is still an absolute schemozzle. Lack of speed, lack of KP depth, lack of small forwards, lack of hard running athletic types. Failed to get any wins in the SPP or MSD, despite having plenty of opportunities.

Rawlings, along with others (Luff, I’m looking at you, you fat useless POS), have had a big influence on why this re-build is going to take a further 5-6 years than it needed to.

We are still in a world of hurt and I fail to see how things are going to drastically improve with no mature talent coming through the door and with only the standard 1st & 2nd round picks.

His position is untenable based on what he has achieved over the past 4.5 years imo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back